Some clarifications on new Gen-OT rules.

I see that BLM threads are being locked now to correspond with the new rules. My simple question is this, are any threads about the KKK going to be locked as well? My point being, are we locking based on organizational color now, or topics that focus specifically on race? Are threads going to be locked on any topic regarding an organization if it is predominately one race?

This is not me trying to bait anything out of the staff but for my own clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    ANY thread with race as the main discussion point is subject to the new rules. That includes both BLM threads and KKK threads and any thread where race is the dominant point of discussion. If you see such a thread, report it and the moderators will have a look and if found correct will lock it.

What about the rules on gender threads? I see some getting locked other left up, it seems very arbitrary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    ANY thread with race as the main discussion point is subject to the new rules. That includes both BLM threads and KKK threads and any thread where race is the dominant point of discussion. If you see such a thread, report it and the moderators will have a look and if found correct will lock it.
    Understood, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What about the rules on gender threads? I see some getting locked other left up, it seems very arbitrary to me.
    Report threads you feel should be closed, it's perfectly fine to flat out mention that you think it should be closed under the new rules as the reporting reason.

There's always going to be grey areas where there can be disagreement on if some aspect of a thread is breaking the rules but another part of it isn't, so reporting it is a perfect way to bring it to our attention and have us look at it with the new rules in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it not allowed to talk about Black Lives Matter?

This is a major news story and issue that is dominating the news yet on the OT Board we're supposed to act like it doesn't exist? Isn't that just devaluing the issues and problems that black people are facing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why is it not allowed to talk about Black Lives Matter?

This is a major news story and issue that is dominating the news yet on the OT Board we're supposed to act like it doesn't exist? Isn't that just devaluing the issues and problems that black people are facing?
    Well according to the new rules its because its a black organization. So based on that criteria there isn't really anything we as the posters can do I suppose.

For the record I don't agree with locking BLM threads just because the organization happens to be BLACK lives matter, but I'm not going to get in a pissing match with the owner of the website.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Can I act like you don't exist?
    Well technically there IS an ignore feature. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    What new rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    What new rules?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...16-PLEASE-READ

Specifically the purple tinted-
    Race/Ethnicity
    Sexuality, Gender, Gender identity