10+ Year Old Account

Uncharted 4 will not feature Donut Drake.

From Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/unc.../1100-6437949/

"[We] weren't comfortable having it in our game."

Creative director Neil Druckmann talked about the decision to remove the overweight Drake from the series with Uncharted 4 (via GamesRadar). He said that he "didn't want to have a laugh at someone's expense."

"I thought we'd matured beyond that," he added. However, he did mention that work on the character model had been finished.

"We actually had the whole thing modelled and in there... [The team] decided to make the call not do it," he explained. "[We] had a big debate about it and kind of approached it from all kinds of angles and decided we weren't comfortable having it in our game."

Donut Drake had appeared in each of the three mainline Uncharted games. He was a playable skin in the single-player of all three entries and then featured as part of the multiplayer in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
    Having good looking dudes is male power fantasy. Having fat dudes is laughing at others expense. I fucking hate video games now. People don't criticize video games for being violent anymore. They just pull this shit now.

Look at this picture. I think it's funny because it just looks hilarious. I don't know why. The fact that he is fat doesn't even come to my mind at first. I thought the idea behind donut drake was to have a fat guy running around doing athletic stuff that it's so absurd anyway? That's the joke. You're not laughing at someone else's expense. You're laughing at a fictional character's expense.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We dont want to offend anybody because media will cry"
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    I think the best aprils fools joke was the one about the horse in Witcher 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think the best aprils fools joke was the one about the horse in Witcher 3.
    This wasn't an april fool's joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    This wasn't an april fool's joke.
    Oh. Well. Then.. it's a real loss for the game.