Deleted
    Thought that the WoW tokens did count towards subscription, so even less real players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Finaly even if they plan to make legacy, it would not be before legion lunch and there would be no announcements before Bilzzcon as it would just be bad for legion lunch and also it would take time to think how to make them, what format and stuff.
    Before Legions lunch? Is that before the team goes on lunch during Legion? Before Legion is eaten for lunch? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!?

Deleted
    Finaly even if they plan to make legacy, it would not be before legion lunch and there would be no announcements before Bilzzcon as it would just be bad for legion lunch and also it would take time to think how to make them, what format and stuff.
    no one says it has to be b4 legion, we know it will take at least 1 year to make this happen but we dont mind as long as they announce it ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Before Legions lunch? Is that before the team goes on lunch during Legion? Before Legion is eaten for lunch? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!?
    you probably get the idea..... sry english is not my 1st language

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Don't know if it's been posted before, but ghostcrawler briefly talked about this https://ask.fm/RiotGhostcrawler/answers/137935832459
    Good info.

Posting the details here:

Input from Greg Street aka Ghostwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    In terms of my thoughts on the topic, a lot of players keep asking, so I'll just quote myself on Twitter here:

-- I've been asked this a lot. I'm not going to pick a side about who is right or wrong because it's probably not that simple

-- I definitely feel for the players who lost something.

-- But I'm sure Blizzard had good reasons. Maybe they had to protect their IP, because you can lose it if you do not. IDK.

-- I think most of you know that one thing Blizzard and I do disagree on is how much you should communicate with players.

-- I try to be as transparent with players as I possibly can be.

-- Blizzard had a different philosophy, which is fine. I don't begrudge them that.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Deleted
    This is starting to get really funny, the tweet about earthday is just true, and the crybaby think every thing any blizzard employ say is aim at them, even if it was he's right, you think blizzard doesn't know there is a 200K + petition out there, they don't live in a cave, no reason to print it, just a giant waste.

Also Mark kern is probably the worst advocat you could get out of any game dev related to blizzard for vanilla server, the guy as the worst rep, people should probably read a bit on the firefall/the9/Red 5 Studios before praising him.

I fail to see how the tweet is even aimed at the petition. Mark Kern is most likely getting involved because I think people take pride in something they created or helped to create. Blizzard has since destroyed everything about it and now they appear to go as far as emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    1. There were and probably are multiple Vanilla servers. If we combined them all we would have a bigger population.
    Would we? After we discount the multiple accounts per player, and players who play on more than one game, would we really have a sufficiently big enough population?

2. Many people enjoy Vanilla, however they will not play it unless it's hosted by Blizzard. Yes, this is a MAJOR reason to why there's not more players there.
    Likewise, some feel that Vanilla should be given to them for free, and would very likely not play if it has a subscription fee.

3. This isn't the first time Vanilla servers have been shut down, is it because of Blizzard or Development team. They've been shut down before. Which leads to (2.).
    This line doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    That's not how it works though.

You don't "choose and pick" here. It was rising, therefore the highest. The last announced numbers for WoD were 5.5M, that's the number you use. Not once were Classic declining. It kept growing until Cataclysm.
    I'm saying subs are pretty irrelevant measurement unless you're ATVI shareholder. Blizzard doesn't seem to care. They're settled into the "cyclic" nature of things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    no one says it has to be b4 legion, we know it will take at least 1 year to make this happen but we dont mind as long as they announce it ...
    They would not announce it before legion launch... It would be so bad for both legion and legacy server if they do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I'm saying subs are pretty irrelevant measurement unless you're ATVI shareholder. Blizzard doesn't seem to care. They're settled into the "cyclic" nature of things.
    I was replying to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Proof please. Ah right your nost crew you dont do proofs, right....
    Whether it's irrelevant to ATVI shareholder's or not doesn't matter in the context I put it in. I just put up information to the guy who seemed rather lost in it.

They would not announce it before legion launch... It would be so bad for both legion and legacy server if they do it now.
    Not necessarily. I don't think they would announce something this early even if they did because of the work they would do to assure it feel exactly the same it does back then. Releasing though when Legion launches could insure a surge of players no matter what since there would be players coming back for both, but if they tie your account into requiring the most recent expansion, it would basically force sales of the current expansion. I don't know if they would do any of this, just stating that it could be launched without being bad, well, whatever the bad may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    It's better than your opinion.
    Really? So you'd go with the guy who hasn't gotten a single good achievement under his belt for over ten years after leaving Blizzard, has two colossal failures in his track record as his latest accomplishments, over Blizzard's words? (not mine, but Blizzard's, since I just point out at what Blizzard says in reply to vanlla servers).

Seriously. Go read the testimonies from people who worked under him in his company: he was a very bad manager and his views of what to do in a game would change constantly, according to what an ex-employee of his said: "He would swoop in one afternoon and berate a series of features several teams had spent months on, declaring they begin again and LISTEN to what he told them to do. He’d be back in a few days to see if it was done. This crushed morale, and forced people into spontaneous, isolated crunch mode. He would shout and scream his perspectives. He would ignore anything that didn’t fit his immediate viewpoint – which was subject to sudden, violent changes. He would rage-email people in the small hours of the night, or on weekends."

Can you imagine how bad WoW would be, had Mark Kern stayed with Blizzard working on WoW, considering how he managed FireFall and The9? Considering how he'd change his mind often, radically, about features being worked into the game, insulted employees, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Really? So you'd go with the guy who hasn't gotten a single good achievement under his belt for over ten years after leaving Blizzard, has two colossal failures in his track record as his latest accomplishments, over Blizzard's words? (not mine, but Blizzard's, since I just point out at what Blizzard says in reply to vanlla servers).

Seriously. Go read the testimonies from people who worked under him in his company: he was a very bad manager and his views of what to do in a game would change constantly, according to what an ex-employee of his said: "He would swoop in one afternoon and berate a series of features several teams had spent months on, declaring they begin again and LISTEN to what he told them to do. He’d be back in a few days to see if it was done. This crushed morale, and forced people into spontaneous, isolated crunch mode. He would shout and scream his perspectives. He would ignore anything that didn’t fit his immediate viewpoint – which was subject to sudden, violent changes. He would rage-email people in the small hours of the night, or on weekends."

Can you imagine how bad WoW would be, had Mark Kern stayed with Blizzard working on WoW, considering how he managed FireFall and The9? Considering how he'd change his mind often, radically, about features being worked into the game, insulted employees, etc?
    Didn't even read your entire post because I would definitely go with a guy who provides factual statements towards our cause than your claims as fact with no support.

Also, please provide your real life credentials. I would like you determine how good WoW would be with you continually providing info with how it should be and shouldn't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

He himself admitted to some mistakes, but clearly debunked most of these claims. It's easy to target someone reputation when you disagree with him. It's called a fallacy.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    They didn't make money off it.
    So stealing is okay if you don't make a profit? Got it.
    By your very own logic, it would be 100% okay for me to steal your car.
    Throw out the current engine , put in a new one so it runs in a different way, more how I want it to run. Then just pay for gas whenever it runs out..
    Hey.. I'm not making money off of it. Then it must me okay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Please post some of your incredible feats that you achieved on Nostralius that required super uber-leet Vanilla sk33lz.
    Why would you even need someone to post that? only diffucult thing besides cutting edge raiding today is propably writing your password right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Sure I will.

1. Convince Blizzard to open an opt-in section for legacy realms on battle.net account page.
    2. Make it so you need to have an active subscription to sign up.

I'm willing to pay 1 month for the opportunity.

Let's see how many sign that petition.

You be mature about this though, there's mmos that remain profitable at a fraction of 200k players, and we're talking about an "end of life" product here, not like they're going to develop content for it.
    They will open 2-3 realms and do some minimal work to put it on the launcher (like the do for games even older than WoW)
    I'd say that 100k opt-ins from actual paying battle.net accounts are plenty to start it up.
    Yeah. now that leads us a few years down the road. When all patches have been used up. Less and less people will play. Turning it into something that will not profit. The only sulotion would be to close them down the second they are not making money off of it. And people won't like that. So they do not start servers at all. Better for everyone.

Stop living in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    - or he simply might know about the stuff said when he was in Blizzard, but of course, can still not (or don't want to) say anything, 'good' or 'bad' news.
    Or, when you fire from any big corporation, you sign a paper that says "you can't talk about stuff you worked on for 5 years"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Yeah. now that leads us a few years down the road. When all patches have been used up. Less and less people will play. Turning it into something that will not profit. The only sulotion would be to close them down the second they are not making money off of it. And people won't like that. So they do not start servers at all. Better for everyone.

Stop living in the past.
    This. People need to be realistic and see that what they want to experience will not be the same as what it once was. Sure you'll get something similar but only for several months at which point people will either want the next patch or expansion or quit completely.

For Blizzard this doesn't sound viable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    This. People need to be realistic and see that what they want to experience will not be the same as what it once was. Sure you'll get something similar but only for several months at which point people will either want the next patch or expansion or quit completely.

For Blizzard this doesn't sound viable at all.
    Guild Wars got the old server running for the old game though. No team is on it or anything. The servers are just on and running and people play it.