Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Goes to show blizz cant handle any competition

So they resort to this cowardly move instead of making WoW great again
    Competition? Are you for fucking real? If it's that simple then I'll just run down to the store and get a copy of LOTR, re-print it with my own cover art and sell it in my own store, because it's all just healthy competition right? After all, content doesn't matter, it's just the where and how you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    You can play to level 100 for free, ever heard of the WoW token?
    Someone paid for the token, that's not playing for free, what are you talking about
    Bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why do people like yourself immediately resort to this fallacy strawman of "Does it make you angry?" No, I couldn't care less what people found fun.

Sorry that your panties got in a bunch that I'm not participating in the circlejerk about how terrible Blizzard is for going after people who stole their intellectual property.

There are plenty of reasons to legitimately criticize the company. This most assuredly is not one of them. Their reasoning for not supporting private servers makes sense in every way unless you're some nostalgic-goggled child who can't get past a 12 year old game which is shit by objective standards now.

Oh and frankly I couldn't give a rats ass if you "thought I was funny."
    You should become a rapper with that toxicity you got going there.

Or wait, yer busy being "Totally not mad" in a thread 'bout people who enjoyed vanilla.

So once again, why are you so angry?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    What a legal nonsense - I'm willing to pay for a product, but the owner refuses to provide it. After all I find a way, but the owner cuts that too. What is wrong with this business thinking?
    Yea, legally they were within their rights.. and should be but Blizzard has become an epic D-bag company and that was another one of such moves.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    ITT people dont know how do private servers look like and call thievery
    You could change that to "Jackasses put on display their complete inability to understand the concept of Intellectual Property and ownership"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, legally they were within their rights.. and should be but Blizzard has become an epic D-bag company and that was another one of such moves.
    You seem to know just about nothing about what's legal and not. They took LEGAL action, meaning what was going on was illegal, hell they even fucking said so on their own website.

Deleted
    I mean the devs themselves bought into their own hype about making Wildstar like Vanilla WoW.

And big fucking surprise, it's failing horribly. It's almost like people don't want to spend months and months trying to get to the end-game content. It's almost like time sinks aren't actual content.

How about that. It's almost like this was an explicit reason Blizzard slowly removed those features from WoW.
    I've never played Wildstar cause my computer isn't good enough, but I totally would've. I played on Nostalrius to level 60 and it was a lot of fun, only thing that made me quit was that I wanted to play kitty and people just wanted me to heal. The actual game was great. I'm sure Wildstar has a lot to offer, too. Even if it's not the most popular, it can still serve a niche.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much fun as the adventure was, it was still illegal. It was only a matter of time until Blizzard acted. Good thing I jumped sooner than later!

The days of Arcanite being worth bank will always be missed.

PS: I played both Nost and Live simultaneously/intermittently.
    Last edited by Bethrezen; 2016-04-07 at 08:15 AM.

I mean the devs themselves bought into their own hype about making Wildstar like Vanilla WoW.

And big fucking surprise, it's failing horribly.
    Wildstar didn't fail for being like Vanilla WoW. Wildstar failed for trying to have Vanilla-like content with harder difficulty and yet still in an instanced, queueable fragmented world like today's WoW. So take Wildstar's "failure" with a grain of salt.

Otherwise take a look at Everquest that is far more lenghty and punishing than Vanilla and is still alive and being supported with content after almost 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Wildstar didn't fail for being like Vanilla WoW. Wildstar failed for trying to have Vanilla-like content with harder difficulty and yet still in an instanced, queueable fragmented world like today's WoW. So take Wildstar's "failure" with a grain of salt.

Otherwise take a look at Everquest that is far more lenghty and punishing than Vanilla and is still alive and being supported with content after almost 17 years.
    Fine, let's use RIFT as an example then. Remember their TV commercials? You're not in Azeroth anymore? They tried riding off WoW's success and look where that got them. A F2P game. Or here, we can use SWTOR too, that game is practically copy pasted vanilla WoW. How'd that game do again? Oh...Right...The servers were ghost towns less than 3 months in. They aren't even releasing end game content anymore. That's how far that game has fallen. The paying playerbase and new age market simply doesn't want old style MMOs anymore. Games like FFXI, Everquest, Vanilla WoW are just too time consuming for the instant gratification players, which is the majority by a lot.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

By alive you mean on Life Support that is trying harder than Terri Schiavo's machines, right?

<snip...both of these have been posted more than once to the thread...that's enough>

Now that's dead, thank you Blizzard for killing a free server instead of adapting it / leaving it be.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-07 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Goes to show blizz cant handle any competition

So they resort to this cowardly move instead of making WoW great again
    cowardly move? More like a dick move of those who stole the files and made their own vanilla server without asking blizz, how would you like it if you poured your heart and soul into making a game only for some people to take everything file for file and use it for an exact carbon copy of what you sold 10 years without being asked if it were ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You seem to know just about nothing about what's legal and not. They took LEGAL action, meaning what was going on was illegal, hell they even fucking said so on their own website.
    Learn to read perhaps? Thats what I said.. as in Blizzard was legally within their rights to shut it down, however it was a scumbag move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Someone paid for the token, that's not playing for free, what are you talking about
    You are playing for free, when someone else is paying for the token.

So what are you talking about?

If you say that people just play on private servers cause it's free and they don't want to pay the sub, then having the ability to have someone else pay for your sub puts a stop to that theory.

You can pay your sub with gold, and if you have the time to play Vanilla, you have the time to gather enough gold in WoD to pay for your sub with gold.

So please, argue honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You should become a rapper with that toxicity you got going there.

Or wait, yer busy being "Totally not mad" in a thread 'bout people who enjoyed vanilla.

So once again, why are you so angry?
    This thread isn't about people who enjoyed Vanilla.

I enjoyed Vanilla ten years ago when I joined WoW before AQ dropped. I've been playing the game ever since. But I'm also enough of an adult to separate my nostalgia from the objective features of the game.

This thread is about Blizzard closing a private Vanilla server run by a group who didn't own the content they were hosting.

Keep on ignoring literally everything I'm saying though to make this "UR MAD1!!!!11!!" argument, though. Definitely doesn't make you look ridiculous.

All the freeloaders are whining now. You played a mmorpg you didn't pay for. The guys providing it also had no licence to do that. No matter how much you like something. You can not use copyrighted material without licence for your projects. That's why Super Mario based jump and runs also get shot down all the time.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

You are playing for free, when someone else is paying for the token.

So what are you talking about?

If you say that people just play on private servers cause it's free and they don't want to pay the sub, then having the ability to have someone else pay for your sub puts a stop to that theory.

You can pay your sub with gold, and if you have the time to play Vanilla, you have the time to gather enough gold in WoD to pay for your sub with gold.

So please, argue honestly.
    You can't possibly believe what you're saying. Every person paying with gold for tokens is giving Blizzard even more money. Tokens cost more to purchase than just paying for a sub. Somewhere someone is paying your sub fee and then some. That's not playing for free.
    Bleh

You can play to level 100 for free, ever heard of the WoW token?
    Her/His point flew over your head. Your resort to piracy before play is no excuse for new players today who have access to a free to play to lvl 20.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with this business thinking. Look at the monstrosities that China likes to call video games that are released. Literal theft that can't be touched due to botched copyright laws. Do you want the world flooded with games like that? I sure as hell don't. Supporting emulated servers such as this is just a step in that direction.
    In short what you are saying is, Blizzard should run their own legacy servers to avoid such scenarios?