1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they didn't even make any money

    goes to show Blizzard can't stand it that a lot of folks hate their current version of the game and would much rather play an old version even if it means getting no new content ever
    Do you think your boy Trump would let people use his stuff for free?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  2. #22
    I like how Blizzard and the sycophant part of the fanbase act like old expansion servers are a garbage idea and nobody would play them yet stuff like this happens. When a team actually makes a competent private server, people flock to it in the tens of thousands, and Blizzard feels threatened. Not shitting on their right to defend their IP but shitting all over the people who want private servers is a fucking joke.

    It's honestly pretty pathetic behavior to malign people who want old expansion servers simply because it isn't something you have any interest in.

    Pic unrelated: not me for any genius who looks at my post:

  3. #23
    thanks blizzard

  4. #24
    I don't have a strong opinion on private servers other than that their legality is pretty questionable. Whether they stay or go, meh, whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    Well I will not be joining everyone in legion.
    According to your posts, you've been unsubscribed for 14 months. Did you come back to add this because you though it made your point compelling?


    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Why can't blizzard just make a Vanilla server and be done with it?! I don't give a rat's ass if it will ''split up the community'' I just wanna play Vanilla!
    Umm -- because they do care, and they're the ones who decide?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

  5. #25
    It's the same move Konami made with the Metal Gear HD remake.

    It's a dick move lmao.

  6. #26
    They were already going to shut down on April 10th due to the bills. Last month they decided to stop taking donations and instead if you want to donate you have to go directly to the Server Host, who forces you to pay in bulk, in other words the whole bill or nothing. The bill wasn't paid. It was going down anyway but this is a convenient out for shitposters so they can blame Blizzard despite the fact that in this one instance they did everything by the book.

    SOURCE:
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you steal intellectual property and use it
    This pretty much covers it. The property was not theirs so this should not come at much of surprise.

    This wasn't some master plan to get that player base back as subscribers... this was a company taking action against someone taking/using their property.
    i9 9900K @ 5Ghz | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti @ 2Ghz | U3415W | Custom Loop

  8. #28
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    Well I will not be joining everyone in legion.
    No worries, we don't want you to.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Ratyrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,584
    Aww I liked Nostalrius. Was really fun (and very easy) to remind oneself what Vanilla was like. Of course it's illegal, but I never really saw the harm in it.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-04-06 at 10:05 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    I like how Blizzard and the sycophant part of the fanbase act like old expansion servers are a garbage idea and nobody would play them yet stuff like this happens. When a team actually makes a competent private server, people flock to it in the tens of thousands, and Blizzard feels threatened. Not shitting on their right to defend their IP but shitting all over the people who want private servers is a fucking joke.

    Yea the ghost town OG/Stormwind and Garrison crap is so fun and soical live /S

  11. #31
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Do you think your boy Trump would let people use his stuff for free?
    the thing is, Nostalrius offers what Blizzard doesn't

    it doesn't outright compete with them

    people who play there are sick of the current WoW and wouldn't play it anyway

    it's just sad they feel the need to punish a purely non-profit project for providing thousands of players the joy they can no longer find in Blizzard's version of World of Warcraft

    well within their rights of course though
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 10:05 PM.

  12. #32
    All these scumbags happy that people are losing out on a game they enjoy.

    Why do you enjoy when people get shafted?

  13. #33
    Wait, why are people for this? What exactly do you get from this? Because you think a version of WoW sucked it means no one else should enjoy it?

  14. #34
    Deleted
    Just as with any private server. Blizz will try to shut it down. As others stated, it is illegal to run a private server, even by law.

  15. #35
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    When a team actually makes a competent private server, people flock to it in the tens of thousands
    Because it's free.

  16. #36
    Banned A dot Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    America, you great unfinished symphony.
    Posts
    6,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

    Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    Oh noes thousands of people will be without game. If only there was another way to get their WoW fix...

  17. #37
    It's funny cus if it wasn't for certain big streamers talking about it 24/7 on Twitch and Twitter they wouldn't have done it.

  18. #38
    Was funny reporting every Nos player on Twitch to Blizzard. Sending them Sodapoppin VODs with timestamps when he was talking about it.

    Glad to see it was worthwhile.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

    World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

    Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.


  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's the price people pay for taking someone's intellectual property and use it. They should know better and Vanilla for the love of the cosmos...was not as great as you think it is.
    Still good enough to have a loyal player base that want vanilla exclusive servers.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  20. #40
    I am a member in a 40 man raid guild on Nostalrius.

    My guild mates are now thinking where to migrate (another private server) so as to continue raid together as a guild.

    Not one of us wants to play WoW in its current form. We believe WoW's present incarnation is so much changed so as not to be WoW at all.

    Just wanting to clarify that Blizzard won't get our subs back. I stopped playing retail 2 years ago or so and will never re-sub.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •