1. #10001
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Others have compared being pro vanilla server to being a civil rights activist, ghandi.
    Gandhi would have played on Nost if he was still with us.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

    World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

    Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.


  2. #10002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    Even though Nost was free, I can't see the entire population flocking there simply just because of that. People argue "Nost was only popular because it was free end of story". Not true. Was it an advantage? Yes it was. Have you tried looking at it instead of it being popular because it was free, being free because it was a private server? I still hold an active retail subscription, so I am not personally interested just because it is free. That isn't to say that everyone on that server held the same opinion, however, it's population was not just because it was free, as I have stated before you and many others before me, that they would be willing to pay for something like this.

    I've never advocated for the public availability of private severs because I know they are illegal. I played on one and enjoyed it immensely, but I still know engaging in that is lawfully wrong. My discussion in this thread has only been for the idea to change Blizzard's point of view on why the implementation of a legacy server might be a good idea.
    Right I'm not dealing in absolutes, I'm just saying that some/few/many fall into various categories of why they'd go to a private server. I get that people want to experience Vanilla as well but sometimes you just have to accept a company's choice not to do something. That didn't stop some people and they did it anyways and now they got shut down.

    Another thing to look at, by trying to change Blizzard's mind about Vanilla servers is that maybe by flocking to illegal servers it might just make Blizzard even more opposed to the idea. Because if Blizz does something with Vanilla-classic people don't like they'll just flock to private servers. Once vanilla servers become a 'thing' people will want more and more. I don't want to see that can of worms opened. It will be a train wreck.

  3. #10003
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Lol, you compared being a billionaire and wanting to live in the white house with having a legit vanilla server. That's like comparing wanting to be safe walking down the street with being immortal. Like carburetors and dog shit. See where this is going?
    Are you pyinpyongpingpand whatshisface?

  4. #10004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Gandhi would have played on Nost if he was still with us.
    Considering he was 78 when he died I highly doubt he would have lived another 57 years for Vanilla and another 67 for Nost /S

  5. #10005
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    I understand that a copyright law exists in australia, anything other then this would be absurd.

    I also understand that you now seem to understand that your australian copyright law is in fact NOT the same as the american DMCA.

    I also understand by your post, that you seem to not understand the principles of what an emulator is, and how this differs from _redistribution_
    Despite your smugness, a private server is not an emulator. In this case, the server pulls certain files from the stolen client which is under blizzard's copyright.

    Guess what doesn't change between DMCA and Australian copyright law.

    Quit being patronizing and start living in the real world. If you want to debate me on how a server and client works, I'll take you to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

  6. #10006
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You compared not being able to play vanilla wow legally to entrapment. Looks who's talking.
    If it were just me that I was talking about, then yes. No matter how much you wanna inflate the amount of players currently subscribed and make that of those wanting to play vanilla seem lower, the fact is that there is a legitimate desire for people to play vanilla and the logistics and resources to create something like this pale in comparison to pretty much any major addition to the game in the past years. You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players. You don't like it so you don't want anyone to have it.

  7. #10007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Gandhi would have played on Nost if he was still with us.
    Whatever works for you champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

  8. #10008
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    WoW hasn't been abandoned. Your argument just keeps eating itself.
    I'll just hop onto the Blizzard Vanilla server then.

    You're talking as if Vanilla and retail are the same game, while in reality WoD and Legion are closer to farmville than vanilla.

  9. #10009
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players.
    Wow you're an asshole. At least some of these other posters didn't have to attack every single post.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-10 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

  10. #10010
    Bloodsail Admiral Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,188
    Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    S.H.

  11. #10011
    Quote Originally Posted by klob View Post
    The shift this game has made has warranted many to leave Live. Money hungry activision pushing blizzard to keeping sub fee and adding a shitty store to grab more money, promising faster expansion's while all we've gotten is less content, longer waits between expac's, more EXPENSIVE expac's with less content and the content is easier with it being focused on a younger age group. All of you may argue hundreds more page but you're now enjoying a kids game. May want to rethink what you're really supporting, their business ethics now and how the game has changed for the worst.
    K vote with your wallet and don't play their games but at the same time do not flock to illegal servers to make some sort of 'point'. I mean if it makes you feel better since I have every store pet/mount/RAF I will cover for you and a bunch of your friends missing by supporting Blizzard.

    How dare a company find ways to make money. You act like their goal is to rule the world with their evil schemes or something.

  12. #10012
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I'll just hop onto the Blizzard Vanilla server then.

    You're talking as if Vanilla and retail are the same game, while in reality WoD and Legion are closer to farmville than vanilla.
    World of Warcraft still exists, regardless of whether you like the current features of the game or not.

    World of Warcraft came into existence in 2004 and has changed it's features numerous times since then.

    Whether or not you like it, it is STILL World of Warcraft.

  13. #10013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Despite your smugness, a private server is not an emulator. In this case, the server pulls certain files from the stolen client which is under blizzard's copyright.

    Guess what doesn't change between DMCA and Australian copyright law.

    Quit being patronizing and start living in the real world. If you want to debate me on how a server and client works, I'll take you to school.
    That's also a horrible argument, and this is coming from someone who wants legacy servers.

    Emulators are legal, but ROMs most certainly are not. This was basically the ROM of Vanilla WoW, emulator's can't do anything without ROMs.

  14. #10014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    If you want to go this route, people were pugging mc after they outgeared it too.
    Sure but you couldn't really outgear it first could you

    Catch 22?

    *(Moreso there wasn't the tools built into the game engine to allow you to just click some butons and receive an invite to a heroic raid, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Brexit: it's the dumbest WWE plotline to ever escape into real-life that can't end soon enough because everyone hates how it started, how it's going and how its going to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

  15. #10015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    This has been brought up like 200 times and is an inconvenient truth. You will be answered with "If 30 french dudes can do it, Blizzard can and should" despite all realistic implications of such a scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

  16. #10016
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    We have 10 dedicated servers for every balance patch as well. So people can device which version was their favourite.

  17. #10017
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    That is in no way strawmanning. Like not even a little bit.
    Hey! I could be made out of straw! You don't know me! RAWR! Uhh...please no open flames sir.

  18. #10018
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If it were just me that I was talking about, then yes. No matter how much you wanna inflate the amount of players currently subscribed and make that of those wanting to play vanilla seem lower, the fact is that there is a legitimate desire for people to play vanilla and the logistics and resources to create something like this pale in comparison to pretty much any major addition to the game in the past years. You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players. You don't like it so you don't want anyone to have it.
    Blizzard doesn't want you to have it. Suck it up.
    This has been brought up like 200 times and is an inconvenient truth. You will be answered with "If 30 french dudes can do it, Blizzard can and should" despite all realistic implications of such a scenario.
    Truthfully we've heard nothing but crickets everytime this has been brought up.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-10 at 05:39 PM.

  19. #10019
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hes just showing us how nice the Nost community was, like so many others!
    hey give him a break. he's just really attached to his frostbolt simulator :P

  20. #10020
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    We will not be silenced.
    Yes, you will.
    The moment the mods are done entertaining you little escapade of rule-ignoring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Don't want a PS

    You are either dense or slow. Most people don't want a PS, we want official servers. But you, you're other 3-5 buddies, and that shitposting mod refuse to listen to this and start arguments that we aren't even having. This site is a microcosm of the absolute worst parts of the community, congrats on being a part of that.

    P.S. I feel awful for anyone still trying to post constructively in here.
    You call that constructively?
    Let me post this once: You aren't getting an official server and you cannot have a private server.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •