1. #1001
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

    Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    No. This was a move by Blizzard to stop something illegal.
    Often updated... ?

  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    kill yourself you fucking f4ggot

    PS: yes I know you're a mod

    you blizzard c0cksucking piece of sh1t
    The use of numbers instead of letters really kept this PG.

  3. #1003
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Because it isn't a moot point. It has nothing to do with liking WoW or not. These people weren't even playing WoW as it legally is, just look how they insult it so casually and promote illegal activity. There are those of us that like, enjoy, and pay for the game. There are those that don't that create illegal servers and whine and complain on WoW forums when the laws are enforced. They are merely the chaff being separated from the wheat, nothing more. This is a good thing and it should continue to the full extent of the law.
    Except your knowledge on private server players is limited to this thread and whatever certain posters most likely splurge up.

    Many, many people have retail accounts, and many more want to enjoy WoW. If you want me to massage your moral highground lets look at it like a cry for help, a playerbase of players that want to enjoy WoW so much they'd rather play an older version of it, than just move onto a different game.

    People are angry because they just want to have some fun in a game, that is the point of all this, its not some political debate, were not solving world hunger, they just want to play a fucking game.

    If you want them to support WoW, if you want WoW to continue to thrive your attitude needs to change, because currently you're more detrimental than the people you're lording over.

  4. #1004
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Posts
    8,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    "im above you because i pay for the game"
    There's a lot more than that. People break the law, promote illegal things, and are generally toxic to anyone that disagrees with them. They are already not part of the current legal WoW community. Thus, they only hinder it with illegal action and toxic behavior. They are better off not being a part of the community at all, as they are only a problem.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

  5. #1005
    Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    1-60 in vanilla is different, it's an adventure.
    You enjoy the journey
    Yeah, grinding those plant dudes in Thistleshrub Valley because it's faster than questing at those levels is an adventure.

    A journey.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

    World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

    Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.


  6. #1006
    Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    kill yourself you fucking f4ggot

    PS: yes I know you're a mod

    you blizzard c0cksucking piece of sh1t
    quality account quality post right here

  7. #1007
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    I am a cyborg. Illegal equals wrong. I must not think. Wurr.

    If someone can convince me as to why Blizzard shutting down Nostalrius was a good thing other than "because it's illegal" or "copyright infringement" then I'm all ears.

    Most likely one of those agree to disagree situations. After all, perhaps I'm just trying to be an edgy teenager and have the IQ of a fish. Could be.

    You don't need any other reason than copyright infringement. Blizzard owns WoW. It is their property. The people who make these private servers are stealing, plain and simple.

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    No. Can you stop being afraid to talk about something because you don't like it?
    What. I'm not afraid to discuss anything. I couldn't give a darn about the private server either way, but there's no denial in the fact that Blizzard is well within their rights to do so. If you have a problem with the law, take it up with those who make it.

  9. #1009
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Under ur bed
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You don't need any other reason than copyright infringement. Blizzard owns WoW. It is their property. The people who make these private servers are stealing, plain and simple.
    no to answer his question? .......................................................................................... ................ no

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    No they are not, especially when they are making money off of this. And I will seriously laugh at you if you say these people running these private servers aren't making money off of others intellectual properties and rights.
    Exactly, they are making money while using another companies software. Running servers that can handle tens of thousands of connections a day isn't exactly what you call cheap.

    There so many areas which they overstepped whats legal and whats not. Yet people think that once you buy software you can do whatever you want with it because "you own it" which is 100% false. You own exactly nothing except the privilege to use the software(Music, Media editing, games, ect), or access to servers.

  11. #1011
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Posts
    8,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Except your knowledge on private server players is limited to this thread and whatever certain posters most likely splurge up.

    Many, many people have retail accounts, and many more want to enjoy WoW. If you want me to massage your moral highground lets look at it like a cry for help, a playerbase of players that want to enjoy WoW so much they'd rather play an older version of it, than just move onto a different game.

    People are angry because they just want to have some fun in a game, that is the point of all this, its not some political debate, were not solving world hunger, they just want to play a fucking game.

    If you want them to support WoW, if you want WoW to continue to thrive your attitude needs to change, because currently you're more detrimental than the people you're lording over.
    Don't beat around the bush about it. That and your opinion doesn't even matter if you aren't a paying member of the game. It has nothing to do with fun, it has to do with crime and proper punishment for such crime. They are getting exactly what they deserve.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

  12. #1012
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    No, the money is for subscription fees. Not reselling software, as far as I know.
    Subscription != Content.

    Even your own WoW subscription doesn't entitle you to new expansion -- you have to pay for those!
    What the fuck does this have anything to do with Taking blizzards games and then making money off blizzard by hosting their own game that is a 100% complete copy and thus stealing intellectual property and rights? Oh yeah, nothing. Way to make yourself look not intelligent there.

  13. #1013
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    All WoD has is end-game content. The first 109 levels are a pointless exercise in keeping the MMO genre tag. 109 levels of brainless content which doesn't matter to get to "end-game" content which, all it is, is one raid repeated over four difficulties, essentially the same content. How does this sound more fun to you than an engaging 1-60 experience with end game and meaningful, actual, MMO features?
    11+ years of collected content, transmogging, mounts, pet battles, more races and classes, more engaging and challenging mechanics, more NEW content coming on the horizon...

    Yeah, it's a mystery how I can prefer this to a stage of the game where 1-60 leveling is meant as BEING the content outside of raids, 1-button rotations and mechanics that are less complex than what I face with alts in 5-mans these days... ^^. I'm sure it's fun to have a cirklejerk of people raving themselves into a collective frenzy over how shit retail is since people love "us vs them!", but I wouldn't call it engaging content and if I want THAT sort of "social interaction", I can get it on retail just fine. I'll stick to the social interaction I prefer though.

    I'd love to know what MMO-features WoW doesn't have...because I still do all the things in-game that I did when I started playing (and which kept me hooked)...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-07 at 12:34 AM.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

  14. #1014
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Under ur bed
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I think the fact that this topic has generated more discussion on this forum (and every other WoW forum I've been to today) than anything else since Legion's announcement is indicative of at least some interest in legacy servers.
    to many idiots in here to see that though.
    cya later its my 3rd infraction of the day

  15. #1015
    Elemental Lord Sierra85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I think the fact that this topic has generated more discussion on this forum (and every other WoW forum I've been to today) than anything else since Legion's announcement is indicative of at least some interest in legacy servers.
    there is definite interest in legacy servers, but blizzard's in house cost analysis determines its not worth the expenditure.

    whats strange is that this private server can pull it off well, and if they can, why cant blizzard. makes players frustrated (understandably).
    Hi

  16. #1016
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No. This was a move by Blizzard to stop something illegal.
    Blizzard abandoned true MMO players for their shitty current game. They brought this on themselves, also the people that made vanilla dont even work at Blizzard anymore.

    we know some of you are blinded by fanboyism and some of you are trolls, but is it that hard to belive that for some of us, vanilla and TBC was more fun than the game right now?

    What harm does letting a community not making any money run a simple private server pose to blizzard.

    https://www.change.org/p/michael-mor...raft-community

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Someone stole from Blizzard, and they got punished. I'm pretty sure this is an open-and-shut case. Sorry you liked their service, but then, I like raw milk cheese, and the border guards disagree. Guess which one of us wins?
    You can get raw milk cheese as long as it is aged more that 60 days I believe. I love me some epoisses.

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i think activison and blizzard are lame for doing this.. EITHER fucking make a private and bc and wrath servers for players to enjoy or just shut up and let others make it so we can have that kinda experience.
    I think you are lame for having a big fat cry about a criminal organisation being caught doing illegal activities. Either make your own game that is not a ripoff of another companies IP or fuck off. Just because an experience is possible doesn't mean you should do it. Stop being an entitled fuckwit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This would make a good blog post for you to expand on some day. What I think should happen is that someone should put together a business plan for this, take it to Blizzard and see what could be worked out. In other words, a group would basically negotiate to license the idea and cut Blizzard in on the profits. You can make of that what you will. It would be a very steep road but with the right pitch I could see Blizzard giving it some thought and even a bit of support here and there. But Blizzard would need to know how they would profit from it assuming they had an open mind about it. They won't do it but I don't believe they've ever said that they are not open to the idea of working out a licensing agreement with a properly professional group that has an actual business plan and willing to partner with Blizzard on a project.
    I don't think they would risk tarnishing the brand if the secondary company screwed it up.

    They wouldn't even have to screw it up either. It merely being unsuccessful is bad for a brand.

    My opinion though. Open to being proven wrong.

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Everyone look at this post. This post is proof that the education system doesn't work. This guy thinks that if you buy software or music or videos or any other multimedia product that you MAGICALLY own it. This is in fact incorrect. You have only purchased the right to use the media in a way that is stipulated in the ToS. In the ToS, it does not allow for a company to steal the code and set up an illegal alternative to the owner of the media (which is not the person who purchased it). Feel sorry for this person. It isn't his fault. The system let him down.
    I suppose I should expect personal attacks here... I had thought more highly of people but I suppose this is the kind of discussions you have in life.

    But to your point: Actually, you do own it. They can not "revoke" your license. You can resell what you purchased (under first sale doctrine). You can loan it to a friend if you want.

    Terms of Service are just that -- to use their service, you have to agree. You can quit your subscription anytime but you still own the CD and what's on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •