Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    WoD had 7+10+13 = 30 Raid BOSSES.

How many BOSSES did Vanilla have, considering half the raids were single bosses?
    way more than WoD thats for sure. MC +BWL + AQ20 and AQ40 + NAXX was way more than 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajdhfh View Post
    You do not own what is on the CD.
    Yes, yes I do. Until there's something saying I don't, then I do per my purchase at a brick and mortar store.

You know what too? I can also loan out my Metallica CD if I want! And Matchbox 20! And Sting! And there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop me.

How many BOSSES did Vanilla have, considering half the raids were single bosses?
    And how many ABILITIES did Vanilla bosses have? XD. I don't care about number of bosses, I do however care about how it is to fight them.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-07 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Yes, yes I do. Until there's something saying I don't, then I do per my purchase at a brick and mortar store.

You know what too? I can also loan out my Metallica CD if I want! And Matchbox 20! And Sting! And there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop me.
    really lmfao

Deleted
    You do not own what is on the CD.
    Actually EU law states you do.

I do wonder how this all works since US and EU laws contradict eachother. But since Blizzard is a US company they would probably strong-arm this.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

lets add shall we?
    naxx 15 aq 40 9 bwl 8 aq 20 6 molten core 10 onyxia had 1 = 49 bosses
    BTW: only 1 was a single boss
    want to add the 7 world bosses aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by jce4ever View Post
    really lmfao
    Yep. Cite me the law that says I can't, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    There's a lot more than that. People break the law, promote illegal things, and are generally toxic to anyone that disagrees with them. They are already not part of the current legal WoW community. Thus, they only hinder it with illegal action and toxic behavior. They are better off not being a part of the community at all, as they are only a problem.
    this problem really reminds me of the music industry from 10 years ago, "hurr durr you downloaded a song illegally that you were supposed to pay 10 bucks for? 10 years of prison for you because the law is always on the moneys site!" or something along those lines.

In the end they had to accept that alot of poeple just do it because its easier, mostly not just because its free, Blizzard just has to accept that alot of players wont accept their vision of the current WoW, therefore just making some sort of legacy realms seems to be the best decision to make on their part, the longer they wait and try to resist to it the more money they will loose to private servers.

"the customer is always right"

I believe we're discussing two different things here. You're referencing a copy of that Metallica CD. You own that copy of music. You can sell that copy, or you can participate in fair use of the said copy. But you do not own the actual content of the music in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No. You own the physical CD itself, not the music that is written on it. You cannot take that music and distribute it for profit.
    No one is doing that. They aren't copying the CD and reselling it for a profit.

They are selling *bandwidth and access to servers*. The same thing Blizzard sells you monthly. Literally, *the same thing*.

You know how people feel "entitled" to their accounts and MMO-C goers go "all you buy is a sub, nothing more!" -- same applies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's the price people pay for taking someone's intellectual property and use it. They should know better and Vanilla for the love of the cosmos...was not as great as you think it is.
    Yet it was extremely popular. This private server proved there's a large amount of people who actually would continue to play on a vanilla realm beyond more than one week like everyone claims. So yeah vanilla wasn't perfect but it's a lot more fucking fun than playing today's wow. At least until Legion drops.

So yeah blizzard can kill it but another will pop up. They'll always be around until Blizzard finally adds their own legit vanilla realm. And yes they will eventually add one. They'll do it when their subs drop low enough. When blizzard says something will never happen it often ends up happening.

10+ Year Old Account

You aren't free to use what's on that CD. You can't use the models for your own profit. You can't use the textures of the models in your own work.

Just like how you aren't free to use that music in whatever you make without Metallica's permission.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It doesn't really matter in an online only game. Great, you own the physical game but you can't play it for free anyway legally. Now what?

10+ Year Old Account

I do wonder how this all works since US and EU laws contradict eachother. But since Blizzard is a US company they would probably strong-arm this.
    Apparently you don't..

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-cds-musicians

So Blizzard can take back their property and the consumer can't? 99% of Vanilla doesn't exist anymore, it's entirely rewritten out of existence. And yet we paid for it. Why can't we take back our property? Shouldn't we have acces to vanilla if we paid for it? Because we don't have access to it, it doesn't exist anymore.

I understand that Blizzard holds these rights, but since they don't offer an alternative to move to (ie official Vanilla servers) I find this spiteful to the people that simply enjoy playing Vanilla WoW over WoD/Legion. We never harmed anyone since playing Vanilla isn't the same as playing WoD/Legion and they're not mutually exclusive.
    I don't think you do understand because if you did I am sure that you wouldn't be having this rage induced cry. If you did understand it correctly then you would have understood that you did not own any part of the game, not even your characters. You would have also understood that blizzard has the right to add/alter/remove/discontinue any part of the game they wanted anytime they wanted and they did not have to disclose any of their plans to do or NOT to do so to you. Having a big fat cry about a criminal organisation stealing from another getting shut down just shows the extent that you do not understand it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I believe we're discussing two different things here. You're referencing a copy of that Metallica CD. You own that copy of music. You can sell that copy, or you can participate in fair use of the said copy. But you do not own the actual content of the music in and of itself.
    I'm not disagreeing that I don't *own* the content. But no one is selling Blizzards content, as far as I know. They are selling access to servers and bandwidth. They aren't selling WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I'm sure you know all of them to know their personal view on the matter

The law isn't always right, just saying. And blindly accepting the law without questions because "it is the law" is the first step towards totalitarian regimes with no free will and/or freedom.

I already said, yes it's illegal. Doesn't mean it's as immoral as some people here make it be I doubt even some 10% (random value, just really mean a tiny fraction) of the people "spitting" on Nos and their players truly stick to their ideals and have never once played a pirated game. Easy to judge others, not so easy to do the same about yourself.

It's like a rich guy who has clothes in good condition that he doesn't uses anymore, but just keeps them in a closet because it's "theirs" when other people could actually be enjoying it. Sure, stealing from the guy would be illegal. Doesn't mean "rich guy keeps the clothes because he can, despite not using them" is a better situation than "rich guy allows people who have a use for the clothes to enjoy them".
    Putting words in my mouth saying that I think the law is always right.

While at the same time pretending that creators don't get upset when their shit gets stolen.

Just because rich guy hasn't donated his clothes to cold people doesn't give anyone the right to steal them before rich guy has the opportunity to.

Your smiley faces just make you look immature. Good job.

Ya still way less then Vanilla sorry. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Classi...nstance_bosses

To all those fanbois on blizzards behalf rooting against private servers and wtf not, a vanilla private servers effects you in no way. It was non-profit and delivered where Blizzard refuses to do so. That combined with the fact the avarage activity on that p-realm is litterly 10 fold of that of my Live realm says alot.

No reason to shut it down, it didn't hurt anyone unless blizz brings out their own, which they wont.

ps: I didn't play on this server at all so its no skin of my back.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    go play vanilla you little unintelligent tool lmao
    just give blizz more money and watch legion fail. Ill be here waiting for your tears once again

I can understand people's appeal for classic style servers, I sat on Quel'danas the other day (BC content) and I couldn't help feel a bit sad when reflecting on the past, back when my realm had life, more of my friends were playing, back when the game offered challenges outside of raids and dungeons, no CRZ, group finders ect. Vanilla for me was a great experience and it wasn't due to nostalgia or because I was new, it was because back then Blizzard had an entirely different approach, they cared about the things they did, the content they created.

The Blizzard of now cares only for what's in your wallet, content has seen serious declines WoD being the most up to date proof of this. I'm not sorry for the server being closed though, it was an illegal server pure and simple but I can see why people are upset over this.