Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Absolute bastards. I was having a lot of fun on there with my gf, was like old times leveling and raiding with a good community spirit.

I'm embarrassed to read some of the comments on here from the bitter blizzard brown nosers.
    Leave woltlk kids alone, they are so dumb they don't even know what a true mmorpg is, i interacted with more ppl in 15 days on nost than in 4 years of live wow, dungeons were fun because classes are not godmode and i died countless times from 1 to 36 (and i was mythic raider before wod), it's been a wonderful time machine while it lasted...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    The freeloaders from Nostralius are now pouring onto MMO Champion.

Sad.
    Lol, complete idiot.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-07 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Steal? How is it stealing?

They're not taking money for anything, how is this any different than Fair use?
    Please look up what 'fair use' actually means before you comment any further on this. Simply put, they don't have any sort of legal permission to create a private WoW server and it was always an inevitability. The truth of the matter is things like this have to be protected when it comes to copyright, or they lose their validity.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    The same could be said for nostalgia people shitting on retail WoW, but I'm not suggesting it as a solution for them.
    Exactly.

They have to tell us at every turn just how inferior Retail is and how "no one with good taste could enjoy live" and all that other horseshit, and they're surprised when people aren't crying for them when they bite the dust?

I don't feel sorry for the people claiming to be smarter because they've figured out how to not pay for other forms of entertainment when said entertainment dies (Popcorn Time for example) either...

I do feel for the Nost players that helt their heads down and just enjoyed the server though, and I'm all for retail offering a legacy server to reel in those people that truly want Classic as their one and only form of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, enjoyed the bit of time I've spend there. Truth be told, it was a superior experience to retail atm. Ah well, shit happens.

Hey guys if you want there is this game called World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Nost was better than WoD, this is coming from someone who hates both of them equally. Just because you don't like a topic that I am sure the mods will eventually start censoring doesn't mean it needs to be removed. This isn't Anita Sarkessian's Youtube Channel, its a public forum.
    I don't like nostalgia threads, but I do have a lot of good memories of Vanilla. Hence why I participate.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Notice how so many private servers that are older than Nostalrius, and make money off their server aren't receiving shutdown notices?

It's not because Blizzard gives a damn about breaking the rules. It's because Nostalrius threatened Blizzard despite not making any money. That's the sad and pathetic part right there. Blizzard basically just admitted that a vanilla community threatened its profits while turning around and saying that people don't actually want old servers.

Scum.
    This.
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    LOL illegal? LOL, all of the code for the "server" was/is reverse engineered. There is ZERO intellectual property stored on private servers. All the IP is located on client machines. The reason this works is private server teams can't afford to actually fight these "potential" law suits. The fact that most of you don't understand what is legal and not legal about reverse engineering is testament to society in general.
    Yeah... except for the fact that emulators require client dbc data to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    Yeh, how dare they control their IP. People like you...need to grow the fuck up.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    When thieves get shafted, I don't have a problem with that.
    Thieves? You mean like when you hear songs on youtube?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They might want but doesn't mean you have to. Also was there any server actually as big as Nost? :O
    There's a couple that approach it, including one in particular Nos had something of a friendly rivalry with, but overall, no. It was a double-edged sword; on one hand the massive community made leveling up less of a pain in the ass than it tends to be on smaller servers with the average level creeping ever upward. On the other, it also became too big to succeed, both in terms of needing donations to keep the lights on and to avoid Blizzard's hammer.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    The freeloaders from Nostralius are now pouring onto MMO Champion.

Sad.
    rofl you call us freeloaders but i still have a sub to WoW even though im not playing it much right now, seriously its ironic you saying "sad" when the only sad thing here is you wanting to ruin other peoples fun, if nost had a sub or were trying to make a profit off their pserver id say fuck them but they didnt and its seriously pathetic you sit here insulting people for wanting to play what they find fun

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hey guys if you want there is this game called World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.
    Why would we pay real money and a monthly fee to play a steaming pile of shit?

Dude, we're no masochists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Notice how so many private servers that are older than Nostalrius, and make money off their server aren't receiving shutdown notices?

It's not because Blizzard gives a damn about breaking the rules. It's because Nostalrius threatened Blizzard despite not making any money. That's the sad and pathetic part right there. Blizzard basically just admitted that a vanilla community threatened its profits while turning around and saying that people don't actually want old servers.

Scum.
    It's like people couldn't keep their mouth shut about their precious vanilla server, and made enough noise, and got Blizzard's attention... It's almost like they have themselves and their supporters to blame for the position they are now in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Bet that is what blizzard is thinking looking at their massive subs loss now. They're getting desperate.
    You know what desperation looks like... an open letter to blizzard.

I actually started playing live servers thanks to private servers (WoWScape) so this is kind of sad in my opinion. Can't believe some people are actually happy about lots of players literally losing their fun, how much of a smug can some people be? I HOPE someone will host new servers in Croatia or something, and totally shit on the copyright.

Also what the fuck is the deal on calling these players freeloaders? You think you're entitled cause you pay $15 subs or expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Please look up what 'fair use' actually means before you comment any further on this. Simply put, they don't have any sort of legal permission to create a private WoW server and it was always an inevitability. The truth of the matter is things like this have to be protected when it comes to copyright, or they lose their validity.
    Why don't YOU look it up?

For all the people who are defending Nos against the "Evil" Blizzard, please tell me this; If you made a game and put it out there for whatever price you would be totally fine if people downloaded it and played it illegally for free even though your game cost money? I'm 100% sure none of you would be ok with this and would make sure to take it down. Just because Nos wasn't making money off this doesn't mean you weren't stealing, theft is theft. Am I glad it was taken down? Nope, doesn't effect me, but you guys were stealing a game so don't be mad they took it away. If I went to a car dealer and stole a car and had tons of fun using this car you would be ok with it? what if it was an older version of the car because I didn't like the new ones? or what if I was having fun, and it wasn't affecting anyone else ? and I wasn't making money off of it? Didn't think so.

It's their property/game, play with it the way they want you to play with it or go play something else. You don't like it? Don't play it, you get them to change it with your paycheck.

Yep, Mikey blizz rounded up his buddies in suits to pounce on what's left of the true WoW experience. The garbage we see today is absolutely atrocious, haha.