Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    People! Who cares about your damn vanilla and WoW overall? 95% of you are nasty and toxic so yeah """"""community""""" please die as quick as possible.
    Nice constructive posting there. /s

People! Who cares about your damn vanilla and WoW overall? 95% of you are nasty and toxic so yeah """"""community""""" please die as quick as possible.
    You forgot to apologize at the end of your rant.

Or are you going to forsake your home country?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you be constructive? WoW is such a toxic cesspool it deserves to die. People don't even deserve the legacy because of that.

Why would you be constructive? WoW is such a toxic cesspool it deserves to die. People don't even deserve the legacy because of that.
    And Nost hasn't really proven it's community was any better.

You certainly are part of problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And Nost hasn't really proven it's community was any better.
    From that point of view, mmo-champ community is even worse. Good thing we don't build game based around toxic vocal minority.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that by blizzards standards of today Vanilla is not a polished game. it was full of bugs, imbalances and broken systems, all of which were acceptable at the time it was released but are not anymore. by that i don't mean that they aren't acceptable to the players i mean they aren't acceptable to blizzard themselves. as a player you can say "just give us vanilla as it was" but as it was is not good enough to them anymore, and anyone who has made art or written for a book or coded a program of their own should understand that extreme resistance to releasing something to the public that you don't think is good enough.

This means that a considerable amount of work would be needed to bring the legacy product up to blizzards own standards, work that they seem to believe is better spent on improving the current product.

Personally i hope they get past this and make a legacy server at the very least because it seems it would make a lot of people happy, but i can understand the resistance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    From that point of view, mmo-champ community is even worse. Good thing we don't build game based around toxic vocal minority.
    Yup. Just saying one side is just as bad as the other. Should have added it on to be honest. My bad.

"please die as quick as possible."

Yeah that Nost community is really toxic. Too bad they can't be more like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yup. Just saying one side is just as bad as the other. Should have added it on to be honest. My bad.
    Well I assumed that's what you meant. I've just added on top of it to point out that it's widespread.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I remember exploring the Druid Barrow Dens on Teldrassil during WoW release days, as a young Night Elf, that very first time... I think I spent 3 hours down there. That one place had more atmosphere than all of Cataclysm combined...

WoWs in game community isn't that bad, idk what you people are talking about. Some random teens spamming dumb stuff in trade does not make a bad community.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickbowjob View Post
    Found great post here, WoW Vanilla Server Petition Hits Over 200,000 Signatures, Mark Kern's Thoughts,
    http://www.gamertics.com/world-of-wa...ver-200-000-2/
    Why keep posting the thoughts of a guy who has absolute zero credibility after the Firefall fiasco? The more you vanilla server advocates associate with that guy, the deeper you dig yourselves into irrelevancy.

But "oh, he was the team lead for vanilla WoW ten years ago!" you say. I bet he would be laughed off from the Blizzard HQ if he approached them waving the petition paper on his hand.

Besides, he's only supporting this to get his 15-minutes of fame.
    Last edited by corebit; 2016-04-22 at 03:04 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'll never understand why there are people so against what the Nost. team was doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Oh look, an irrelevant petition fluffed and manipulated to look like a big number of signatures. Gosh, ain't nobody stuffed ballot boxes on the internet before.
    Irrelevant? Was your only reason for posting to try and sound clever and failing to do so? I would like to know how a petition showing how many people may be interested in the subject matter at hand is irrelevant. Does talking about what is being talked about irrelevant now? Is it only relevant to derail threads? Did I just feed a troll?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This has been posted like 8 billion times already. We get that you have over 200k votes. We get that some 10 year ex Blizz is going to deliver it. You can seriously stop posting it now in all it's many forms.
    It won't be done till something is done. "We get it" doesn't speak for everyone, if it did we would already have the servers.

- - - Updated - - -

95%? May I see your study please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I agree that there is nasty people on both sides, but the fact that people who don't want these servers have resulted in calling us all toxic as their only argument left is saddening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Why keep posting the thoughts of a guy who has absolute zero credibility after the Firefall fiasco? The more you vanilla server advocates associate with that guy, the deeper you dig yourselves into irrelevancy.

But "oh, he was the team lead for vanilla WoW ten years ago!" you say. I bet he would be laughed off from the Blizzard HQ if he approached them waving the petition paper on his hand.

Besides, he's only supporting this to get his 15-minutes of fame.
    I'm not sure you understand the point. This guy isn't some magical person that can make things happen, however, showing how this has reached out to just more than the 150k active population and having personal insight on WoW furthers the cause. I mean did you know before this that Blizzard was only shooting for 450k active subs? That is population numbers of EQ at the time. I thought they were always shooting for the moon, but apparently not, which makes some of the counter arguments to the idea even more ridiculous. Interesting bits of info from him regardless if you like him or not. I don't think him trying to deliver the petition will do anything, but help is help regardless.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-22 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Irrelevant? Was your only reason for posting to try and sound clever and failing to do so? I would like to know how a petition showing how many people may be interested in the subject matter at hand is irrelevant. Does talking about what is being talked about irrelevant now? Is it only relevant to derail threads? Did I just feed a troll?

- - - Updated - - -

It won't be done till something is done. "We get it" doesn't speak for everyone, if it did we would already have the servers.

- - - Updated - - -

95%? May I see your study please.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that there is nasty people on both sides, but the fact that people who don't want these servers have resulted in calling us all toxic as their only argument left is saddening.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure you understand the point. This guy isn't some magical person that can make things happen, however, showing how this has reached out to just more than the 150k active population and having personal insight on WoW furthers the cause. I mean did you know before this that Blizzard was only shooting for 450k active subs? That is population numbers of EQ at the time. I thought they were always shooting for the moon, but apparently not, which makes some of the counter arguments to the idea even more ridiculous. Interesting bits of info from him regardless if you like him or not. I don't think him trying to deliver the petition will do anything, but help is help regardless.
    It has been said before that they didn't expect more than 1 million copies sold and such. Think it was mentioned in their documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It has been said before that they didn't expect more than 1 million copies sold and such. Think it was mentioned in their documentary.
    I'm sure it is probably somewhere, but none-the-less how many people actually know some of the info he is saying? There is people who have responded that server costs for example would cost an arm and a leg for Blizzard alone...... Someone with actual experience not just in the field, but with WoW itself. Whether or not he can actually help has become irrelevant to me, but I am actually fascinated with what he could share, and I hope he does more. I don't know of this documentary you speak of though. I don't really keep up with a lot of WoW things, other than month long reactivates on expansion releases and the hopes this server will become a real thing someday. Mind sharing it with me? Really interested in what is in it if you don't mind.

The guy is liked by no one, he got vote-kicked out of his own company for being totally incompetent. If you want him to be your face, by all means go ahead.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The guy is liked by no one, he got vote-kicked out of his own company for being totally incompetent. If you want him to be your face, by all means go ahead.
    Who said that, anywhere? Oh wait, no one.

Who said that, anywhere? Oh wait, no one.
    Then tell your peers to stop linking his thoughts over and over as if they mattered.
    - Keeper Annals