Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Lol telling someone to kill themselves over a VIDEO GAME.
    Let's be serious, most insults thrown here are out of frustration. When I see some drone mindlessly repeating the same shit which was disproved ten times in the past three pages, completely ignoring/dismissing anything that doesn't agree with his preconceptions, I also lose my temper and wish to call them names. That's not over a video game, that's over their stupidity. It's pretty natural to be angry at idiots, especially those who are idiots on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Let's be serious, most insults thrown here are out of frustration. When I see some drone mindlessly repeating the same shit which was disproved ten times in the past three pages, completely ignoring/dismissing anything that doesn't agree with his preconceptions, I also lose my temper and wish to call them names. That's not over a video game, that's over their stupidity. It's pretty natural to be angry at idiots, especially those who are idiots on purpose.
    Frustration or not. It's an overreaction you can't deny that. On both sides as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpando View Post
    Implying jaywalking is the same as taking a companies IP and hosting it without consent.
    Implying making a server for a game which hasn't be available for 9 years is somehow more evil than jaywalking

As if you (and the other vanilladrones) don't do the exact same thing... That's rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Implying making a server for a game which hasn't be available for 9 years is somehow more evil than jaywalking
    World of Warcraft is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpando View Post
    Implying jaywalking is the same as taking a companies IP and hosting it without consent.
    I guess we just learned there's such a thing as felony jaywalking.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's available, you just can't accept the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Frustration or not. It's an overreaction you can't deny that. On both sides as well.
    Bah, it's human. If they were face to face, it would not happen as often, 'cause making people angry in front of you is not the same. That's natural social self-regulation. We need mods on forums precisely because it's natural and will happen.
    I tip my hat to people who manage to keep their calm (true self-control, not just being calm because they're trolling, purposedly riling up others or just somewhat autistic), but I can't really find it strange to have people throwing theirs on the ground in frustration.

I prefer ten times someone honestly angry over an issue than mindless drones impervious to arguments who can continue to spam endlessly. The seconds are actually much worse for any kind of discussion than the first, 'cause you can at least try to exchange with the first, while the latter are far lost out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I guess we just learned there's such a thing as felony jaywalking.
    I must love the pain that these forums bring me ... because I cannot stay away from the comments hahaha .
    (saying this just to say this because why not ) Jaywalking could get you hit by a car and hosting a private server could get you a C&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    World of Warcraft is still available.
    Playing dumb won't make you any more right.

I prefer ten times someone honestly angry over an issue than mindless drones impervious to arguments who can continue to spam endlessly
    Ofcourse you do because you're one of the angry ones.

Playing smart doesn't make you either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nope, you are, just like lots of other people, effectively creating a logical fallacy. Its not the question of whether people from official servers are lawful good paladins of light. Its a question of when you get caught while doing illegal stuff, you should just shrug and learn your lesson, instead of whining about how not fair laws are, how stupid laws are, or how nonharming and "benevolent" (rofl) your law violation was.

Just analyse what your community was doing for the last three days.

You went on OFFICIAL Blizzard's forums and created a lot of whine there. What can be more stupid then trying to discuss private server matters on official forums?
    You came here and created a lot of whine as well. Why? Do you think we, the retail players, want to hear your screams? Do you think we deserve reading your bullshit?
    You came wherever you could and created a lot of whine everywhere. Again, why? You think you're the "oppressed minority" or something like that? Surprise surprise, you're not.
    You spilled gallons of liquid shit over Blizzard and their products. Why? Do you think it will change anything?
    You threw around some wild threats directed at Blizzard. Again, why? How this can help your cause?
    You spoke a lot of bad words towards retail players, and now you want compassion from them? Seriously? I can't even...
    Sorry, I didn't explain thouroghly enough. Personally, I've never played on a private server, what I commented on was specifically how people in THIS thread was using the whole "it's pirating" as a done and done type of argument. Even though the same people using the argument are equally as guilty for "pirating", just not the same property.

Because they should have ignored someone using their IP without permission?

Just because a few vanilladrones are upset that Blizzard closed their free nostalgia trip, doesn't make Blizzard legally or ethically wrong, champ.
    No one questioned the legality of Blizzard's move. Maybe if you'd have spent more time reading instead of shitposting the people that you disagree with, you would have noticed.

Well I'm certainly saying to my employers I'm getting my moral compass from ethics and not from corporate profits. Sorry if I don't consider jaywalking a crime worthy of the Wrath of Justice.

(well actually not sorry at all, rather worried for the drones who do instead)
    So your "ethics" are telling you that stealing other people stuff is ok?
    I'm confused here. How is it ever ethical to take something thats not yours?

Pretending you're intelligent doesn't make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So your "ethics" are telling you that stealing other people stuff is ok?
    I'm confused here. How is it ever ethical to take something thats not yours?
    Spamming endlessly "it's stealing" won't make it any more stealing than spamming "an apple is an orange" will change an apple in an orange.
    You're just an example of these mindless bots who repeat in loop the same garbage, and even if you objectively prove them that they're wrong, will ignore it and just repeat it as if nothing ever happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretending you're intelligent doesn't make you right.
    Good thing I don't need to pretend anything to be right, while you do need to play dumb to have any kind of counter-argument.

---

Now you'll excuse me, but I've a VANILLA RAID on a PRIVATE SERVER waiting for me, so I'm gonna let you bots continue to mindlessly spam your macros while I enjoy a service I would like to pay Blizzard with, but which doesn't exist because refuse to do so !

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why do the people who play on private servers hate people who don't? For instance, in the thread on our forum about Nost being shut down, multiple people were banned for telling retail players that they should kill themselves.

The answer is that people, online, lose any social inhibitions.
    Thank you.

Spamming endlessly "it's stealing" won't make it any more stealing than spamming "an apple is an orange" will change an apple in an orange.
    You're just an example of these mindless bots who repeat in loop the same garbage, and even if you objectively prove them that they're wrong, will ignore it and just repeat it as if nothing ever happened.
    Good thing the laws on "my" side then, eh?
    Still though, you're the one that keeps repeating yourself and it'll get you nowhere. The server is gone and from the looks of it, it would be gone even if Blizzard did not interfere as they were not able to pay the bills.

You shouting insults and making a fool out of yourself is not going to change that.

The thing is, is it truly a Vanilla server? I mean do you all get disconnected all the time, are over half the spec worthless or not sought after in raids. I seriously wonder why people love these servers so much. I mean you hit max level and all of sudden everything stops. You're down to raiding the same 2 raids, no gear progression, no new quests to do, or even dailies. So what do you do? Farm mats 24/7? Spam LFG in trade chat for 10hrs a day and maybe get in 2 dungeons? I honestly wonder what would be so great about going back to Vanilla, I've played since '05. The only thing "great" about Vanilla was that the game was difficult, you had to take it slower or you died, that was about the only thing better about it compared to what we have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing I don't need to pretend anything to be right, while you do need to play dumb to have any kind of counter-argument.

---

Now you'll excuse me, but I've a VANILLA RAID on a PRIVATE SERVER waiting for me, so I'm gonna let you bots continue to mindlessly spam your macros while I enjoy a service I would like to pay Blizzard with, but which doesn't exist because refuse to do so !
    Except that you haven't been right about anything. But keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night.

Nosdrones and Vanilladrones... They make the day quite humorous.

This is funny coming from someone who can't help himself from spamming; I'm right damnit, why can't you blizzdrones see it?.