Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And what would they gain through that, except pissing off a customer ?

- - - Updated - - -

The point => .

Your head => o
    actions speak louder than words, just because I say it doesn't make it so, you had to ask?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And you have a problem with them protecting their IP because of.... why exactly?
    I said they felt threatened, not that I have a problem with that.

If someone stole from me I would be a massive dick. They sent a polite notice to take the server down.
    No one stole anything. Nor does the politeness of a dick move matter.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I don't see what should be wrong, playing on Classic Private Servers.
    Yes, some people like you don't understand the purpose laws serve in a functioning society. Do you apply this same kind of thinking to other laws you find personally inconvenient?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It wasn't a dick move.

I said they felt threatened, not that I have a problem with that.

Dick move would be if they sued them for the subs they had. Nost was nice enough to brag about thier sub totals 800k registered and 150k active. What if they wanted the sub dollars for 150k times 15 dollars a month? That be dickish but within their rights.

If a legacy server is that important to people put your money were your mouth is, start a kickstarter and get people to donate to it, show blizzard financially that it is the right move, do it every month and e-mail the end results to blizzard diretcly with a "this is how much you would be getting"... money speaks louder than anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a dick move.
    But it was. Regardless of legal issues. If it's about business it's a dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Dick move would be if they sued them for the subs they had. Nost was nice enough to brag about thier sub totals 800k registered and 150k active. What if they wanted the sub dollars for 150k times 15 dollars a month? That be dickish but within their rights.
    One can be a dick without intending to be a dick. The result speaks for itself.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If it's about business it's a dick move.
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    actions speak louder than words, just because I say it doesn't make it so, you had to ask?
    True. But then the thing is, it works just the same about the empty claims that "people only play 'cause it's free" and the like. So if you doubt one, you should also doubt the other.

But it was. Regardless of legal issues. If it's about business it's a dick move.

One can be a dick without intending to be a dick. The result speaks for itself.
    But not a dick move to set up and run an illegal private server?
    Do you always talk out of both sides of your mouth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?
    Is that even an argument a mature person would make?

So basically Blizzards are just being dicks. Is that what you are saying?
    People protecting their legal rights are dicks? I guess you have just a touch of special entitlement there.

What's especially obnoxious about you all in this is that the product you want to have pirated, WoW, wouldn't even exist without the legal regime that grants those rights you want violated. You are a rank hypocrite.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even a move. People were just having fun, harming no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    True. But then the thing is, it works just the same about the empty claims that "people only play 'cause it's free" and the like. So if you doubt one, you should also doubt the other.
    Your correct, but we only have one option to go by right now, why I suggested a kickstarter a few posts ago, would show everyone just how much a legacy server is wanted when money has to be given over.

Do you always talk out of both sides of your mouth?
    Well, is name & avatar are Garak. Garak never told the straight truth and had a lot of doubletalk, maybe this guy's the same way.

Is that even an argument a mature person would make?
    "business are dicks and evul"

Very mature. See how mature I'm being now?

Oh wait... aren't you from Russkieland? Now it all makes sense.

It's not even a move. People were just having fun, harming no one.
    You have no idea whether it was harming anyone or not. IP theft (as Private servers are IP theft) can and does hurt people.

Stockholm Syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People protecting their legal rights are dicks? I guess you have just a touch of special entitlement there.
    Protecting from what? Was there even a threat? We are not talking about people protecting their legal rights, we are talking about a specific case. Don't try to divert this to a broader level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What's especially obnoxious about you all in this is that the product you want to have pirated, WoW, wouldn't even exist without the legal regime that grants those rights you want violated. You are a rank hypocrite.
    This is not about rights. Don't confuse copyright with rights. Duh. Everyone will do better with no copyright.

- - - Updated - - -

"business are dicks and evul"

Very mature. See how mature I'm being now?

Oh wait... aren't you from Russkieland? Now it all makes sense.
    So the answer is a definitive "no" then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    You have no idea whether it was harming anyone or not. IP theft (as Private servers are IP theft) can and does hurt people.
    Who was harmed in this case? The case we are talking about.

Protecting from what? Was there even a threat? We are not talking about people protecting their legal rights
    We are talking about legal rights, that's what they were protecting. Try to keep up.