Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Affixes: Make your own!

So with the new mythic+/challenge mode dungeon system in legion, Blizzard will be allowing players to tune up the difficulty of mythic dungeons in order to make the dungeons more challenging and relevant throughout the expansion. One of the ways they are tuning up the dungeons are through "affixes"; extra mechanics that are added onto the dungeon to make it more challenging. Some of these affixes do things like add persistent dot damage on party members throughout the dungeon, add additional trash to the dungeon, and cause trash mobs to enrage at low health.

As the title says, make your own affixes! I'm sure you guys have plenty of creative ideas to tune up dungeons and I would love to hear them.

Here are some that I thought of on the fly:

Tenacious: Bosses cast abilities 25% more often
    Deja Vu: After you defeat each boss, everyone in the party is ported back to the beginning of the dungeon
    Confusion: Adds in each trash pack randomly swap abilities of the other trash

I feel like the more diverse and ample the affixes, the more enjoyable this content will be. What are some of your ideas for creative affixes?

"Deja vu" doesn't really add challenge, just busywork.

"I just love that run back after a wipe" (or a victory according to your suggestion) is something nobody said, ever.

It's pretty hard to come up with even vaguely interesting things to add to mobs that hasn't been thought of already (enrages at low HP, bigger aggro radius, stuff like that), i can't think of anything not too obvious, TBH
    Last edited by mysticx; 2016-04-09 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Not that i'm going to do any challenge mode ever, but what about ironman-affix? If you die during the run, you can't be resurrected before last party member dies? Should be coupled with something where you just could not be overly cautious and slow to make sure that no-one dies.

Edit: maybe there's already one like that but: certain mobs randomly focus on caster and get a huge damage buff so you should CC/slow/kite them asap before it kills your healer.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-04-09 at 08:16 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i'd love to reach a point where if all dungeon members dies, you fail the dungeon and get kicked out

Heroism & Timewarp only last for 10 seconds and have a 30% increased debuff
    Your damage is reduced by 1% for every mob you kill.
    Your haste and attack/spell power is reduced by 20%
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Mob Mentality: All trash mobs have 30% more HP. When a trash mob dies, they place a debuff on all mobs within 8 yards of them that increases the damage they take by 5% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times.

Sentry: All trash enemies have greatly enhanced stealth detection and can even see invisible players.

Need for Speed: All party members' haste is reduced by 30%. When an enemy is defeated, all players in the party are granted a buff that gives 1% haste for 10 seconds. Stacks to 50 times.

I am Rubber, You are Glue: When an enemy is in combat, once every 10 seconds for 3 seconds, the enemy will gain spell reflect.

Escape Route: The party starts at the end of the dungeon, fighting the final boss first, and must fight their way out of the dungeon to the entrance portal.

Greater Rift 100: Any avoidable damage taken by non-tank party members instantly kills them.

Everbloom Trash Because Fuck You: All trash mobs must be killed twice.

"Leeching" - Mobs have 25-100% lifesteal (depending on a CM level)
    "Slowing" - After killing a mob, entire group movement is slowed by 2%, stacks 35 times.
    "Rush" - mobs have 50% less hp, but bosses have 250% more hp, and 50% increased damage.
    "Gladiatoral" - mobs have same diminishing on CC as players in PvP do (8-4-1 for poly, etc)
    "Undying" - You must kill bosses twice in order to pass
    "Freezing" - All damage mobs do is frost (can go also for Fiery/Arcane/etc)
    "Reflecting" Attacking a mob gives you a debuff that does damage (think sindragosa)
    "Deadly" - mobs have increased critical
    "Enflamed" - random fires spawn on random locations every X seconds
    "Frenzied" - mobs/bosses gain haste/crit/damage stack on each sucessful hit, up to X stacks (can be dispelled by shiv/soothe etc)

Im gonna go with a diablo set up. Fast-firechains-vortex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Diminishing Returns: CC and interrupts behave as if mobs were players
    Volatile: mobs cast Corpse Explosion on friendly/enemy corpses, dealing 2,000,000 damage to all friends/foes in 10 yard range.

Thorns; All enemies reflect 10% of damage taken.

Slow; All party members move 30% slower. Passive movement increases are nullified. Active movement increases are half as effective.

Interconnected; All party members are linked together. All players take 15% of the damage taken by other party members. This damage does not apply itself.

Hidden; Enemies are now stealthed and patrol the general area they would normally be.

Heavy handed; All enemies cause a 5 yard knockback on auto attacks and directed spell casts. This cannot be applied more than once a second to any player.

Living bomb; Upon death, all enemies start to implode. After 6 seconds all players within 20 yards will be killed instantly. The radius depends on the dungeon (MoS doesn't even have that much room for example).

elemental rage - random casts of earthquake, blizzards, fire orb
    school in session - trash has learn abilities from random schools of magic, either holy from either pally or priest, "wilds" from shamans or druids, weaponry from monk/rogues/Warr, malice from either locks or shadow priests, or heroic from dks and dhs
    Rush if you can - movement speed and haste reduced by 5%, time limit to finish
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    Reinforcements: All bosses now gets reinforced by a specific add, for every 10% hp the boss losses

Hot Potato: Every 10 sec, fire spawns under each players feat and deals moderate dmg. This fire is permanent.

Mad bomber: When an instance is started, a random player gets handed a burning bomb. This bomb works like Eye of Anzu, and gives the player holding it a dmg debuff, which goes away when thrown to another player.

Acceleration: All bosses gets a stacking buff, which increases dmg done for every 2 sec the boss is active. This debuff can only be removed if a stun is used on the boss, no matter if the boss gets stunned or not.

Last man standing: If 1 player dies, all group members are killed aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    "Leeching" - Mobs have 25-100% lifesteal (depending on a CM level)
    "Slowing" - After killing a mob, entire group movement is slowed by 2%, stacks 35 times.
    "Rush" - mobs have 50% less hp, but bosses have 250% more hp, and 50% increased damage.
    "Gladiatoral" - mobs have same diminishing on CC as players in PvP do (8-4-1 for poly, etc)
    "Undying" - You must kill bosses twice in order to pass
    "Freezing" - All damage mobs do is frost (can go also for Fiery/Arcane/etc)
    "Reflecting" Attacking a mob gives you a debuff that does damage (think sindragosa)
    "Deadly" - mobs have increased critical
    "Enflamed" - random fires spawn on random locations every X seconds
    "Frenzied" - mobs/bosses gain haste/crit/damage stack on each sucessful hit, up to X stacks (can be dispelled by shiv/soothe etc)
    While i would say that something like Leech, Gladiatoral, Deadly and Slowing, would just be a pain to play with, i really love the idea of Undying. Having to deal with a boss twice in a row, dealing with phases twice and saving CDs and mana for very long fights, could be awesome.

Lifeless - Each hit mob grants you a debuff that reduces your healing received by 1%. Stacks up to 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Reinforcements: All bosses now gets reinforced by a specific add, for every 10% hp the boss losses

Hot Potato: Every 10 sec, fire spawns under each players feat and deals moderate dmg. This fire is permanent.

Mad bomber: When an instance is started, a random player gets handed a burning bomb. This bomb works like Eye of Anzu, and gives the player holding it a dmg debuff, which goes away when thrown to another player.

Acceleration: All bosses gets a stacking buff, which increases dmg done for every 2 sec the boss is active. This debuff can only be removed if a stun is used on the boss, no matter if the boss gets stunned or not.

Last man standing: If 1 player dies, all group members are killed aswell.
    I really like Mad Bomber, thats actually a great idea imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to design, i would love if we could make Affixes, that only works in very high CM lvl. That would make it so that you can do stuff like:

Juggler of Colour: Every player gets a debuff at the start of the instance, which has a specific colour. This debuff will tick up for each 3 sec for low dmg, which will increase with every stack you have. You can though switch colour debuff with another player, which tick up another debuff. The dmg stops when you get a new colour, but the debuff timer stays for some time.(This would make it so that you have to switch debuff with different players, if you want to reset a colour debuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    You can even make it more fun, by reducing the speed which the timer counts down with, when you are not holding the bomb. Could make it so that extreme lvl CMs end up being like Ishkar mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    When it comes to design, i would love if we could make Affixes, that only works in very high CM lvl. That would make it so that you can do stuff like:

Juggler of Colour: Every player gets a debuff at the start of the instance, which has a specific colour. This debuff will tick up for each 3 sec for low dmg, which will increase with every stack you have. You can though switch colour debuff with another player, which tick up another debuff. The dmg stops when you get a new colour, but the debuff timer stays for some time.(This would make it so that you have to switch debuff with different players, if you want to reset a colour debuff).

- - - Updated - - -

You can even make it more fun, by reducing the speed which the timer counts down with, when you are not holding the bomb. Could make it so that extreme lvl CMs end up being like Ishkar mythic.
    "extreme CMs"
    "end up like iskar mythic"

Elegiggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Bad Voodoo: Mobs cannot be killed close together (they remain at 1 hp)
    Mirror Image: Bosses and mobs can cast mirror image summoning two lower health copies of themselves, the mirror images use some or all of their abilities
    Time Anomaly: The rate at which time flows changes periodically throughout the instance (That Chronomatic Anomaly mechanic)
    Carbino Pls: All mobs have rotating lasers (I'm only mostly joking, this is a Wildstar joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    Yea, pretty cool actually
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    "extreme CMs"
    "end up like iskar mythic"

Elegiggle
    I know very little about the new Mythic/challenge mode, but i have heard that it is like Greater Rifts in Diablo Would be nice to have some challenge, which is not just "boss have % more hp and dmg" That is why, special affixes for higher lvl

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It's pretty hard to come up with even vaguely interesting things to add to mobs that hasn't been thought of already (enrages at low HP, bigger aggro radius, stuff like that), i can't think of anything not too obvious, TBH
    Why, there is a lot of stuff we can think of. For example:

Stacking - Each trash mob buffs all other trash mobs in 5 yards for +25% damage;
    Running - There is no trash at all, but bosses deal 100% more damage and there is a ticking aura that deals increasing damage to players;
    Impossible - All trash mobs are immune to any cc, get 99% less aoe and cleave damage, tank threat is reduced by 300% and healing done is reduced by 75%;
    Zergy - each mob killed gives players stacking +5% buff to both damage dealt and received;
    Hardcore - resurrect is not available to players during the dungeon. Players who died are being put in spectral spectator mode to the end of a dungeon;
    Dampening - all damage and healing you deal is reduced by 75%;
    Shocking - both players and mobs in dungeons continuously erupt lightning which deals cleave damage in 20 yards radius;
    Mirrored - all trash packs are replaced by AI controlled copies of specs from player's group;
    Confusing - all abilities of every player in a group are replaced by other player's abilities for the rest of the dungeon;
    Chaotic - tanks deal no bonus threat, threat is calculated by damage/healing done only without bonus modifiers;
    Torment - there is no fixed bosses and trash packs, enemies in dungeon are randomly generated from a pool of existing bosses and trash mobs upon entering;
    Unbiased - aoe and cleave abilities deal 99% less damage;
    Undying - players can't die and can't be healed, however, with every time their health is reduced to zero they get a stacking debuff for -25% damage dealt and get full HP back.

:-P
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-04-09 at 10:11 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though