Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's funny that people say the online issues of the first week (we'll just call it week, it should hopefully be fixed by the time a week rolls around) are going to kill the game, when it seems the game is actually increasing in user base.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know how you see "poe2 fixes the animations" and see anything at all about balance? And no, please don't slow the game down, the game is amazing because of how FAST it is.

If I wanted slow I'd go play Grim Dawn.

(I also played about 3 different melee builds this league and they worked fine, one, cyclone, required specific weapons but the other two, ice crash and molten strike, worked fine with a hodge podge of gear)
    No they don't, maybe if you're bad and don't know any better sure. They work okay until the 70s, but you can't do Elder, or hell even Uber Lab or Atzeri or anything significant with melee builds. Unless you're just wanting to be like, hey I made it to lvl 50, then sure they work. But when working on the end game, Melee builds do not work at all. Hence why GGG is constantly trying to fix them and make them more viable.

I was asking specifically about you stating that in PoE2 its fixing animations. Read your own fucking comment for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No they don't, maybe if you're bad and don't know any better sure. They work okay until the 70s, but you can't do Elder, or hell even Uber Lab or Atzeri or anything significant with melee builds. Unless you're just wanting to be like, hey I made it to lvl 50, then sure they work. But when working on the end game, Melee builds do not work at all. Hence why GGG is constantly trying to fix them and make them more viable.

I was asking specifically about you stating that in PoE2 its fixing animations. Read your own fucking comment for fucks sake.
    I've done all that aside from Uber Elder/Shaper (because I never bothered to honestly) on ice crash with no super special uniques, hell I haven't tossed more than 2 exalts into ANY of my builds.

And yes, they do have much smoother animations, look at the damn gameplay video I posted, it's undeniable

Edit: I'm not saying ranged/caster builds aren't better mind you, they are, but melee builds are more than viable in some cases.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-02-16 at 09:05 PM.

Im really not sure where youre getting this from. My very first league I played a physical cyclone ascendant RT build which is a shitty version of a mediocre starter build and I found the entire game trivial and easily did everything through uber elder.

The power creep is insane in PoE... you can do everything in the game with like 300k dps fairly easily but you can power creep to 10 mil dps... just in case you need to 1 shot everything even harder.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Killed Uber Elder with cyclone slayer and with frost blades build too. Go sleep, you dont know what you are talking about.

So.. I actually bothered to look at the passive tree a bit more.
    How many skill points can you get in this game? (I'm only playing with friends so no offline experience)

Because by the looks of it, you can easily go up to several "3rd wheel" specs and do a very tanky, yet also amazingly offensive melee build.

There is so much +crit rating, and +crit damage, +melee dmg, +martial damage, +%physical damage and they are only like 1 point away from defensive talents that increase max HP and do stuff like +% block for all weapons or +1 all resi for every point of +allresi you already have on your chest/helmet and stuff.

Since skills are so powerful in this game, it feels like you really can ignore attackspeed if you play a 2h melee build for example.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How many skill points can you get in this game? (I'm only playing with friends so no offline experience)

Because by the looks of it, you can easily go up to several "3rd wheel" specs and do a very tanky, yet also amazingly offensive melee build.

There is so much +crit rating, and +crit damage, +melee dmg, +martial damage and they are only like 1 point away from defensive talents that increase max HP and do stuff like +% block for all weapons or +1 all resi for every point of +allresi you already have and stuff.

Since skills are so powerful in this game, it feels like you really can ignore attackspeed if you play a 2h melee build for example.
    89, 1 point per level up

89, 1 point per level up
    Wow... that's a lot, you can max out so much stuff then. I'm going for a tanky 2h dps monster for sure then.
    Normally, I'm more of a caster and range guy in general, but the attack-dash and amazing skill sounds/animations make melee builds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

There is so much +crit rating, and +crit damage, +melee dmg, +martial damage and they are only like 1 point away from defensive talents that increase max HP and do stuff like +% block for all weapons or +1 all resi for every point of +allresi you already have and stuff.

all those % modifiers are additive not multiplicative so once you have a bunch adding more is just peanuts.

And for attack speed, if your going crit (which you probably are as melee) you can just pick the 75% attack speed on crit passive. Remember, skills are effected by their relevant speed (spell or attack) and I can really notice it in how fast I can spam things like the Kratos chains before and after getting that speed boost.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well I had that in anyway, but it's just +75% attackspeed score, not attackspeed, so it won't do much without agility.

https://wolcen-universe.com/builds/NGPPXG-asdf

But I have 17 points left which I can put "wherever" such as the +100% damage on stasis effected enemies (and apply stasis through that chain-pull thingy which has a 100% proc chance doing so)

However, I'll most likely get the "regenerate rage instead of willpower" thingy because that looks like a big qol improvement.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-16 at 10:46 PM.

I havent bought the game yet. But it made me lol to see all the people complaining about the game unplayable.
    I still remember all the rage when diablo 3 released with only online play. People were frothing at blizzard telling them the game is unplayable that they were ripped off, that that means they couldnt own the game when they paid for it etc etc.

Now an indie company (of 13 people?) releases a game people are raging again. calm your tits. they did better than blizzard. the game has an offline mode.
    if it can be played, it is a complete game. that is it. bugs will be patched over time. I apploud these guys thinking better than blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    beat the campaign. The ending was super interesting.

Not sure if I should just start an online char now or explore the stormfall stuff now.

The POE 2 animations are better...but that's a low bar. They're still worse than Wolcen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The POE 2 animations are better...but that's a low bar. They're still worse than Wolcen lol.
    What? The animations in that gameplay video are smooth AF

What? The animations in that gameplay video are smooth AF
    Nah, they're pretty basic. For a game coming out in 2020, when you look at anything GGG does and then a game like D4 or even Wolcen, it's clear that PoE still has a long way to go.

Still haven't finished the campaign, almost want to look up spoilers to see how it ends. I keep wanting to get into it, but I want to play the new Satisfactory update more lol....

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the turret skill broken, or is it supposed to just spawn and shoot in a straight line at nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Im really not sure where youre getting this from. My very first league I played a physical cyclone ascendant RT build which is a shitty version of a mediocre starter build and I found the entire game trivial and easily did everything through uber elder.

The power creep is insane in PoE... you can do everything in the game with like 300k dps fairly easily but you can power creep to 10 mil dps... just in case you need to 1 shot everything even harder.
    I'm getting this, from GGG themselves. THey've openly stated this as a major issue several times. Patch 3.7 was supposed to help address some of these issues, and it didn't help all that much. So they released another Q&A and stated they're still working on it. Just google it, tons of issues out there. You played cyclone, which is a mega cheesy build, and one that can typically work well because of the AoE modifiers. But a pure melee build, without massive range is rough. And they know this. Anything a melee build can create, you can do similar with a range build, but better.

I'm getting this, from GGG themselves. THey've openly stated this as a major issue several times. Patch 3.7 was supposed to help address some of these issues, and it didn't help all that much. So they released another Q&A and stated they're still working on it. Just google it, tons of issues out there. You played cyclone, which is a mega cheesy build, and one that can typically work well because of the AoE modifiers. But a pure melee build, without massive range is rough. And they know this. Anything a melee build can create, you can do similar with a range build, but better.
    You didn't say "what you can do with a melee build, you can do with a ranged build, but better" you literally said you couldn't kill things end game with a melee build, which is just not true.

In fact, poison melee builds are almost as good as poison bow builds, though they are BOTH still outclassed by caster builds and EVERYTHING is just shit on by minion builds, but that's a minion build problem. You can get a 6l minion build that all the dmg comes from the links and you can just build tanky and laugh at everything. Minion builds need a giant nerfbat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting so tired of the bullshit. People are bombing this game just because online is having issues. Nobody bothers even playing it, just outright saying the game is garbage just because they can't play with their friends. Sounds to me like they have more underlying personal issues they need to sort out.

This game was made by an Indie company, and compared to most, it's absolutely top notch. Offline mode available, so better than D3. No loot boxes or MTX, so better than PoE. And yet, contains parts of both that make them good games. Sure, there are bugs, grammatical errors everywhere, balancing issues, etc. What game doesn't? Aside from the fact it's been in EA for the better part of 5 or so years, I think it has been worth the wait.

Watching it evolve over time has been amazing. I really dig the story, or that there even IS one. The combat is pretty fluid, though I've only been playing a mage build atm, haven't tried out melee or ranged yet. My biggest gripe is that I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with 89 or so perk points, as I'm currently level 29 and have picked basically everything I want. Unless I'm not understanding the perk tree properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm getting so tired of the bullshit. People are bombing this game just because online is having issues. Nobody bothers even playing it, just outright saying the game is garbage just because they can't play with their friends. Sounds to me like they have more underlying personal issues they need to sort out.

This game was made by an Indie company, and compared to most, it's absolutely top notch. Offline mode available, so better than D3. No loot boxes or MTX, so better than PoE. And yet, contains parts of both that make them good games. Sure, there are bugs, grammatical errors everywhere, balancing issues, etc. What game doesn't? Aside from the fact it's been in EA for the better part of 5 or so years, I think it has been worth the wait.

Watching it evolve over time has been amazing. I really dig the story, or that there even IS one. The combat is pretty fluid, though I've only been playing a mage build atm, haven't tried out melee or ranged yet. My biggest gripe is that I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with 89 or so perk points, as I'm currently level 29 and have picked basically everything I want. Unless I'm not understanding the perk tree properly.
    At level 29 you've basically not even touched the tree O.o