Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Really bad steam reviews.

  2. #22
    I might have bought it already, if it had not been just short thing (due to being alpha?). Yet, it had been in production for so long time and new info about it was rare. Too little communication. It still doesnt have everything in it even if it is already a beta(?). Yet it already costs 30€? Not worth it.

    Apparently price is going to keep up closer to finished product it gets. I'm not paying that large sum of money for it. If its going to be AAA price at the end, I will be forgetting it entirely.

    They have to give me a damn good reason and the game so far looks like yet another ARPG with its own flavor on it, but perhaps full complete product would feel ok price at 30€. At least to me. Its opinion and other people might think otherwise.

    Edit: I thought I'd add a bit. Considering its price. Its new game that has not found its spot yet. It has not proven it is worth it. Only thing in it is that its new and at least looks pretty.
    Is that worth of sum that is probably about the same at full release as games like diablo3 (not indie game)? I can also play PoE (free to play). I'm sure there are other ARPGs that I could compare Wolcen to. No way its worth its price... at least not yet. Perhaps in future, if its proven a success. Until then, I'm waiting for them to justify its price.
    Last edited by Morae; 2019-03-31 at 03:09 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Really bad steam reviews.
    Most of them are about "no content" when it's been explicitly said that it was random dungeons only at the beginning with more stuff over time. There are some bad reviews that give a pretty good insight though.

    As for me, i find the game shaping up really well. Can agree with the beta cost being too steep, and with everyone just waiting. Honestly, i found a game for me i can see playing a lot.

    Let's see how it pans out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I might have bought it already, if it had not been just short thing (due to being alpha?). Yet, it had been in production for so long time and new info about it was rare. Too little communication. It still doesnt have everything in it even if it is already a beta(?). Yet it already costs 30€? Not worth it.
    See above. They're purposefully keeping out campaign as this phase focuses on the replayability/endgame structure. Should come over time, and if beta goes like alpha, we're talking a couple years.

    Still, fully agree with the pricing part. I had 20 bucks to spare for it and i found it good - may not be the same for everyone.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  4. #24
    i watch this game long time but i feel this game never release feel like they finding what should be wich way go etc . I dont know

  5. #25
    Again digging this thread from the dust.

    Content patch 1 has hit beta and the full first act is available - must say it's awesome and definitely worth trying. Devs still aim to a late 2019 release and from what i see it's doable but i'd like to see them take their time at this point since there's stuff that needs attention and definitely some balance passes to do.

    But it's EXTREMELY solid at this point. Building a character is awesome.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Again digging this thread from the dust.

    Content patch 1 has hit beta and the full first act is available - must say it's awesome and definitely worth trying. Devs still aim to a late 2019 release and from what i see it's doable but i'd like to see them take their time at this point since there's stuff that needs attention and definitely some balance passes to do.

    But it's EXTREMELY solid at this point. Building a character is awesome.
    sounds like they already did a balance pass on spellcasters since they were so weak

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    sounds like they already did a balance pass on spellcasters since they were so weak
    i'm running a melee/caster hybrid, the arctic lance spell hits for quite a bunch. But probably i started using it after the hotfix.

    EDIT: last boss of act one is a pain in the ass. At least for me - maybe it's the build (which i'm trying to improve) or just me not really good at the game (it's definitely another level compared other ARPGs i played) but it's still a good playstyle.

    Couple tips: there is collision and dodge roll doesn't go through enemies by default - so you can be literally swarmed by enemies and get stuck in the middle of them until you have some kind of alternative mobility. Mastering resources is crucial also.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-07-02 at 07:03 AM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  8. #28
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,800
    I really liked this game. I loved how the physics and such worked. Spell casters were awesome. Definitely looking forward to the future of this game, glad I paid for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  9. #29
    Ok, either the difficulty spikes around in random amounts and needs balance pass or my build is shit. Anyway managed to beat the Act 1 (boss fights are epic) and went to the "randomized endgame" - for now it consist in a couple NPCs giving one a random missins and another launches "expeditions", which are similar to D3 Rifts but much faster and beating it makes you get access to higher difficulties with higher rewards.

    I'll dabble with it and probably look up for a meta build just to experience the real power i can get from a character.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  10. #30
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,800
    Wow. So I just completed Act 1. There are parts of the story that make absolutely no sense to me - as in, why the FUCK did that happen? - but overall seems pretty cool! I had a lot of glitches during the last fight. On the first platform, after dodging once, I ended up halfway into the floor. The next time I dodged, I slid all the way to the other side of the platform. However the boss couldn't hit me at all like this, so it was just a matter of time before I finally killed him. After the last of the boss fights, my portal kept canceling itself. I had to move around the platform looking for a good place to use it. It would start up for about 1 second then cancel. Eventually found a spot and got out.

    I really hope that abilities aren't capped at level 20 moving forward. I also hope their perks get...updated. Some of the abilities I didn't want MOST of the perks, others I wanted ALL of them. But you only get 10 points max. I also hope that stats get more streamlined...the abilities on gems are allll over the place. No two gems have the same stats. That's really freaking annoying. Finding melee stats on caster gear and caster stats on melee gear is also annoying. I mean, I get it, you can be anything you want, use any gear you want, etc, but it's really annoying when half the stats on something are a good upgrade, but the other half of them have absolutely zero effect on your character's current build. I tried going pure Mage, and while it was fun and it worked, I kept finding Sorcerer gear with +attack damage and other similar stats that had no relevance to what I was doing.

    Another minor annoyance is the walking/running animations. They're just terrible. They look extremely stiff, body parts don't move like they're supposed to, just all around bad.

    Overall I think this game has the potential to blow Diablo 3 straight out of the water...as long as they can release the full game soon. It's been in Early Access for WAY too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    sounds like they already did a balance pass on spellcasters since they were so weak
    I don't think this is a game where you can go with pure builds, like pure caster or pure melee... It encourages you to go hybrid. At least that's my take on it from the random videos I saw on YT.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I don't think this is a game where you can go with pure builds, like pure caster or pure melee... It encourages you to go hybrid. At least that's my take on it from the random videos I saw on YT.
    In fact right now the strongest build is a dual pistol attack build. Followed by pure melee/tankish ones.

    It's about resource generation - rage is extremely easy to manage, willpower instead is a pain. However i found that hybrid gameplay is way better with high cost spells and attacks since the resource flow is way better and you have next to zero downitme.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I don't think this is a game where you can go with pure builds, like pure caster or pure melee... It encourages you to go hybrid. At least that's my take on it from the random videos I saw on YT.
    Uhh.. when were they weak? Not during Alpha certainly, I loved that lightning build. Everything just melted. Though later on with the dungeon challenge pre-beta thing, they were pretty shit yeah. In general they have added too much delay to spells right now, which is a just a terrible design choice.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Uhh.. when were they weak? Not during Alpha certainly, I loved that lightning build. Everything just melted. Though later on with the dungeon challenge pre-beta thing, they were pretty shit yeah. In general they have added too much delay to spells right now, which is a just a terrible design choice.
    Delay? What kind of delay - the spells i use weren't bad, they are underpowered though and they have received a couple buffs recently.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Delay? What kind of delay - the spells i use weren't bad, they are underpowered though and they have received a couple buffs recently.
    Well..what do they call it, the fact you can't interrupt your own spells and are stuck in some casting animation. Unless they just patched it, casting Fireballs or the remote bomb thingy, you get stuck in a lot of animation.

    And my fireball build definitely isn't underpowered >_>. Well.. until you reach the random dungeon quest thingy where some champions are just damage sponges.

  16. #36
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well..what do they call it, the fact you can't interrupt your own spells and are stuck in some casting animation. Unless they just patched it, casting Fireballs or the remote bomb thingy, you get stuck in a lot of animation.

    And my fireball build definitely isn't underpowered >_>. Well.. until you reach the random dungeon quest thingy where some champions are just damage sponges.
    I too went full Fireball spec. I swear I remember casting fireball used to feel a lot more fluid...I last played this game about a year ago, and recently fired it up again. FB definitely felt...stiff? Too many animation frames? It just didn't have the same feeling it used to. Maybe I'm just going senile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well..what do they call it, the fact you can't interrupt your own spells and are stuck in some casting animation. Unless they just patched it, casting Fireballs or the remote bomb thingy, you get stuck in a lot of animation.

    And my fireball build definitely isn't underpowered >_>. Well.. until you reach the random dungeon quest thingy where some champions are just damage sponges.
    Ah ok - yes, they're working on animation canceling. They know of the issue.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  18. #38
    Just finished it also, surprised to see it was better than expected but the game needs the basic fixes for a 2020 ARPG game.

    1)Animation cancelling for potions/dodge is a must, game feels clunky as fuck without them, cancelling from ability to ability no, game becomes too easy and you can chain stun but the whole pressing the potion only for it to happen 2 seconds after cause big animation right before, ehhhh.

    They need to separate that stuff for 2020 if they want a fluid gameplay feel, despite the leech mechanic being quite decent too though.

    2)They need to get their shit together with the engine, crashing, memory leaks etc, 16GB RAM, it barely uses 3GB, but needs me to have a pagefile of 6GB to not crash, makes no sense, without even mentioning the insane amount of random stuff.

    It crashed Steam, it crashed B.net, it crashed discord, literally crashed everything, along with crashing 10 times itself over a play of...6 hours? Not sure, i havent played a game repeatedly for awhile and Wolcen was quite refreshing

    3)Some abilities are simply superior to others no matter how you look at it the way the animation and everything works in the game.

    I mean, slowly realized daggers are OP for the way i was playing compared to everything else, and with the leech i could simply right click the whole game to death, it literally felt better to right click than press abilities cause of how weird the animation start/end feels and how risky it could get since the character doesnt respond to movement until some stuff happens.

    Its like the animations should have a 50-100ms limit to start/end but instead they have a 250ms-500ms, despite the high attack speed, at least it felt like that to me.

    Makes for really clunky gameplay and no wonder its the main argument on their forums/reddit etc.

  19. #39
    Just got this game in preparation for the 13th Feb launch. I started an offline char to test the feels since I can't make an online char just yet.

    But I'm sooo looking forward to launch, this games feels like the perfect blend of Diablo and Path of Exile. The perfect middle ground between the two so its not too much to any one side.

    This is gonna keep me until Diablo 4 rolls out.

    Have you guys tried Wolcen lately who's in for launch?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Just got this game in preparation for the 13th Feb launch. I started an offline char to test the feels since I can't make an online char just yet.

    But I'm sooo looking forward to launch, this games feels like the perfect blend of Diablo and Path of Exile. The perfect middle ground between the two so its not too much to any one side.

    This is gonna keep me until Diablo 4 rolls out.

    Have you guys tried Wolcen lately who's in for launch?
    I am. Played beta aroind 50 hours but now i want to see if my build can rock and what new skills and runes we can get. I have plans for at least 3 more characters aswell.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •