Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Here's a nice UNSPONSORED look at it from a long time Diablo player turned PoE player.

It's a bit long so if you're just looking for a should you buy, he basically says "if you already wanted it like me you already bought, if you're on the fence maybe wait a week or two to see how the company handles it, it's a small company like how GGG started and they have a good base so we'll see where it goes"

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Best to wait I think. Although I wouldn't trust the steam reviews as it got review bombed because man children were complaining the game wasn't playable online and therefore completely unplayable.
    He had 56 hours on record so i dont think he was doing that

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then clearly it was playable unlike some of what people claimed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

First i've heard of someone losing a character, there was some progress lost day 1/2 before they pushed a hotfix which would have sucked. They've shown they're willing to work on the issues, so we'll see where it goes.

That said, i've had it for like a year because I love arpgs good and bad (i have just about every one) and really enjoy it.

Just meant be careful of some of the steam reviews. For instance I have never experienced the "your progress gets reset" bug or "character gets deleted" bug at 19 hrs in.

I have experienced the "can't target bats sometimes" but that's been minor as most skills are AoE based.

But the game is in "devs are going to fix launch bug things before adding new content" mode so it's always better to wait if you're not itching to play it.

Just meant be careful of some of the steam reviews. For instance I have never experienced the "your progress gets reset" bug or "character gets deleted" bug at 19 hrs in.

I have experienced the "can't target bats sometimes" but that's been minor as most skills are AoE based.

But the game is in "devs are going to fix launch bug things before adding new content" mode so it's always better to wait if you're not itching to play it.
    Well, the lost progress thing was definitely real as they made a post about a hotfix for it.

I watched some vids on youtube and was really hyped up about this game, so I bought it on release.

In 48 hours I was not able to play, due to servers being offline or in maintenance. From what I read from people who actually decided to play it in the separate offline mode, the game is incredibly broken, which includes glitching your magic find to 50000%, losing characters randomly etc. I ended up refunding the game.

The funniest thing about it is the game already seems to have this cult following of people flaming you if you dare say something critical about it. Steam forums are full of apologists. I'm happy to be about of that toxic pit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then clearly it was playable unlike some of what people claimed.
    The game was always "playable" but in the offline mode, which is completely separate from the on-line mode. So it's a waste of time to play offline because you would have to start online from scratch once it's up.
    Last edited by Azerate; Today at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, the lost progress thing was definitely real as they made a post about a hotfix for it.
    True but I think that one was fixed relatively quick, was it not? For someone with 56 hrs on record that specific problem shouldn't be an issue to bring up.

It would be like someone mentioning infinite stars is too strong on 410 ilvl gear when the fix to change it to ilvl scaling has already gone in.

True but I think that one was fixed relatively quick, was it not? For someone with 56 hrs on record that specific problem shouldn't be an issue to bring up.
    Day 2 maybe? I honestly don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm happy to be about of that toxic pit
    You should've seen the toxic pit that was the reddit when online mode wasn't working, but game was playable offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Where do you get access to mobs 15 level above you? I want some of that for leveling.
    After you finish the campaign you can access 'expeditions' where you go through a 3 layer dungeon with increasing mob levels. This keeps increasing so long as you can clear all 3 layers. Donno if there is a cap but I briefly saw bahroo doing 100+? last night.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    After you finish the campaign you can access 'expeditions' where you go through a 3 layer dungeon with increasing mob levels. This keeps increasing so long as you can clear all 3 layers. Donno if there is a cap but I briefly saw bahroo doing 100+? last night.
    mbXtreme said 180, so double the character level.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Day 2 maybe? I honestly don't remember.
    I'm pretty sure people were only able to experience online play from release at most a day and a half because by then the character delete bug was fixed.

"POSTED Fri, February 14, 2020@9:08 am PST

Progression save issues

We encountered two issues:

Random items put in your personal chest are at risk of being lost Online. We identified a possible cause and we're working on a fix.
    We're still working on a fix for characters disappearing after being created.
    A hotfix(1.0.1.0 ER) was applied yesterday evening to resolve most of the quest progression loss for online and offline characters. We will push an additional safeguards this evening to prevent the issue from happening again, and we will keep monitoring the situation."

Then I think after this or fairly soon after they just took the servers offline. That's why it just seems weird for someone with 56 hrs to complain about a character delete bug because that shouldn't be an issue anymore and also they restored everyone's character whereas some players were like "just do a full wipe who cares!"
    Last edited by Pennem; Today at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Where do you get access to mobs 15 level above you? I want some of that for leveling.
    When you progress your expeditions you get higher and higher mobs

I ran into two bugs yesterday. Blinked off the Act 1 boss platform. Fell and and landed the main city. Was still in combat but couldn't do it anything...because I was still in combat.

One of the assassin guys just teleported around while t-posing.

Act one boss get stuck in the platform until the boss phased.