Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    2 Ailment types per skill
    Several ailment stacks per tick
    each ailment can stack 30 times (if skilled)

I gain +5% overall damage for every single stack of every single ailment type (up to 5*5%).

This means basedamage*2,75. when I have 7 elements stacked to 5. Both for skills and for ailment damage.
    I tested this with 4 different ailments right now, and I got roughly the right number (+/- 1 damage per tick on the character sheet.)
    I specifically used an Ailment of which I have no +damage of in the passive tree. (i.E. "+15% Fire damage" passive nodes etc.). In this case, lightning damage, just to be sure - not that I think it would make a difference because it's probably adding the 5% after all the calculations from equipment and passives.

If It would buff my poison damage on skills and ONLY my poison ailment damage, I wouldn't do 5% more damage. The buff to ailment damage would be less than the buff to skilldamage.

My skill would gain +175% damage, my ailments would only gain +25% damage each.
    That means overall dot damage would only increase by 25%, while overall skill damage would increase by 175%.

The way it works right now:
    Skills gain +175% damage - each, Ailments gain +175% damage - each. = 100% damage increased by +175%.
    Working as intented in my book.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-03-01 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thats just the ailment build, figured out the scaling yesterday while waiting for Wolcen to re-download, somehow Steam broke it , then a friend that was retalenting next to me trying stupid tried it and was kinda obvious its bugged.

It will get mega nerfed, the bug seems to be that the damage should be on the type of attack only but its on everything, hence 125% extra damage instead of 25% extra on element/ailment.
    the talent is working as it should adds a % of that dmg type to your spells, your spells can have multiple types of dmg on them, its hardlyOP especially compared to what bleding edge was and it will not really work on bosses as most of the time you will lose your stacks before doing that much damage, it basically just doubles your dmg for a short period.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Just fired up Wolcen for the first time since the last major patch. My melee build character is level 63, no serious min/max or anything. I use bleeding edge, but not as my main attack. Changed the ability perks around for UM, and man, that .01s cooldown feels CLUNKY. It isn't even so much that it feels like a nerf, moreso it just feels so unresponsive and terrible to play with. WTF were they thinking? If you wanna nerf the damage fine, or the rage cost, fine, but adding that CD is just bonkers. Thankfully I play offline, so I modded the ability to remove that stupid cooldown. I'm fine with the rest of the nerf, even if I feel it's unnecessary as this isn't a fucking MMO. We don't PvP, who fucking cares if the ability is OP? I'm pushing level 79 expeditions with a freaking bladestorm build of all things.

My number 1 complaint is Uniques. I've found a few of them that are obviously the same exact freaking item, with different names but IDENTICAL stats, regardless of their levels. What is the point in that? I have a level 38 'Edgy' that is worth more to vendor and has superior stats to an identical weapon whose name escapes me at the moment that was absolutely 100% identical but had worse stats on it. Even the damage was lower. On top of that, most of the uniques I've found so far are complete and utter garbage, and only a tiny handful of them have some sort of unique ability. Legendaries are all around superior, and that doesn't really make much sense to me. But the problem with Legendaries is how completely random their stats are. It takes so much effort to 'craft' (I can't even really call it that, it's basically just gambling) pieces with some semblance of stats that you need.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...this game needs a serious streamlining pass, not just a balance pass. It's just all over the place with itemization. If they can fix that, I can deal with the rest of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Haven't played since the patch. Loaded it up. Went to get coffee in the kitchen.

Came back and it had crashed on what I assume was the character screen.

Yeah, I think I'll shelve this for a while and give them time to sort out all their server issues and bugs. Thankfully I missed most on my first playthrough, but with things being in such limbo still I'm kinda not terribly interested in running into tons of bugs/crashes. I'll come back and try a caster in a month or two once things hopefully settle down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Haven't played since the patch. Loaded it up. Went to get coffee in the kitchen.

Came back and it had crashed on what I assume was the character screen.

Yeah, I think I'll shelve this for a while and give them time to sort out all their server issues and bugs. Thankfully I missed most on my first playthrough, but with things being in such limbo still I'm kinda not terribly interested in running into tons of bugs/crashes. I'll come back and try a caster in a month or two once things hopefully settle down a bit.
    That's pretty nutty, I played the game for 46 hours and can't think of a single time I crashed. Didn't have any server issues either past those first few days.

Biggest issues I've ran into are things like the nodes not working. But nothing that kept me from being able to play.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's pretty nutty, I played the game for 46 hours and can't think of a single time i crashed
    it's mostly the crashing thats stopping me from playing as well, it feels like every time i start to enjoy the game i crash

That's pretty nutty, I played the game for 46 hours and can't think of a single time I crashed. .
    I'm at 76 and i have a couple crashes on me - at the most annoying moment, which was at the last boss of an expedition damn. Anyway after the first days i'm playiong super casually now, helping a friend with story and doing casual farming. Build is done, i have only to level to 90 and see where i can push, plus finishing all the buildings.

Division 2 DLC came out too soon But given how the games are i can easily play both.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty nutty, I played the game for 46 hours and can't think of a single time I crashed. Didn't have any server issues either past those first few days.

Biggest issues I've ran into are things like the nodes not working. But nothing that kept me from being able to play.
    Using a super fun build with aether jump and rocket launcher in the face. Fell through the map 3 times at the boss of act 1, and had to restart the game each time (teleported to main hub, but still in fight with the boss)

Other than that - lots of fun with my build, no real bugs. Animation lock is kinda annoying though.

Digging this out of the dust. While the game launch has objectively been rough and it's not been a good experience for many, the team has proceeded to update and fix every thing they have seen broken, and the first season/league should be launching soon. Here's the last update, that will affect basically the entire gameplay - spells/skills/stats are going to be reworked from ground up. Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/424...91989449084946

I have already bought the game long time ago. Not a fan of how it's been managed so far but the base is there for me. Worth trying the new stuff and the season and see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Digging this out of the dust. While the game launch has objectively been rough and it's not been a good experience for many, the team has proceeded to update and fix every thing they have seen broken, and the first season/league should be launching soon. Here's the last update, that will affect basically the entire gameplay - spells/skills/stats are going to be reworked from ground up. Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/424...91989449084946

I have already bought the game long time ago. Not a fan of how it's been managed so far but the base is there for me. Worth trying the new stuff and the season and see how it pans out.
    The alpha was a better game than the release is...

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The alpha was a better game than the release is...
    At this point, zero expectations. I have spent my money already, so trying it again is not the problem - worst case scenario i'll drop it in a couple hours. Played a while though when it released, didn't finish the endgame/city construction but i was at lvl 70ish and doing 109 expeditions. Cannot say i didn't have fun with it and the build i had was cool while there were so many broken stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm done with the game until they release more story content tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the game had potential but it was so buggy that my friends and I quit halfway through. I'll probably try it again down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm done with the game until they release more story content tbh.
    If the plan sticks, the seasons/leagues/chronicles will add story over time. Though at this point i don't really know anything.

I'll check it out again when the fixes are applied.

The game was "charming"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-28 at 08:53 AM.

I still think Wolcen has everything it needs to become a really cool aRPG. It's enjoyable to play, looks and sounds nice and has systems that should be good for people who think D3 is too simple and PoE too complicated. That's a really solid base, but... while fixing bugs, stabilizing servers and balancing the game is a really big step in the right direction, they will probably need something more flashy to get people to give the game another chance, like a really solid league/season system with some new content.

I hope that they won't rush their first big content update and do proper testing for it, because it really needs to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'll check it out again when the fixes are applied.

The game was "charming"
    I dig a lot the skill/passives system and the actual spell effects, which are really good. If i can play a solid build and do the content i want, i'll be fine. Played 80 hours already, so i think i got a pretty good grasp on it.

I still play it now and then but i really hate it's many one shot mechanics in the expeditions. Get insta-hooked from outside the screen and don't dodge in that ~0.5 sec window? Dead. Seeking Projectiles hit you? Dead. Get into the Fog Ring? Dead.
    Yes i can avoid all of that with precise dodging but man, i just want to play a game after work, having to do split second dodges or i'm dead (even from champion mobs) is really unfun imo.
    Oh and those stupid priests with their invulnerability shield that totally neutralize my archer, if they spawn with a champion mob i can outright just quit the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I still play it now and then but i really hate it's many one shot mechanics in the expeditions. Get insta-hooked from outside the screen and don't dodge in that ~0.5 sec window? Dead. Seeking Projectiles hit you? Dead. Get into the Fog Ring? Dead.
    Yes i can avoid all of that with precise dodging but man, i just want to play a game after work, having to do split second dodges or i'm dead (even from champion mobs) is really unfun imo.
    Oh and those stupid priests with their invulnerability shield that totally neutralize my archer, if they spawn with a champion mob i can outright just quit the run.
    If you still play the game, maybe you can tell me how monster density is these days?
    It was pretty bad early on. You rarely had more than 10 monsters on the screen unless you ran into "rifts" with the humanoid-shield dudes or enemies that spawn enemies.

I want the D3 level of mob density tbh.
    50-60+ at once!

I think it's really boring if you have to run half a minute just to find the next "cluster" of just 6 mobs.
    It's why I stopped playing... what's the name... the aRPG that turned into a singleplayer game now... "Paragon" (?) too.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    If you still play the game, maybe you can tell me how monster density is these days?
    I'ts not written anywhere, but a lot of work has been done performance-wise for aoe and mobs clusters. It may be possible that the density was toned down due to these issues of fps drops, and we can now have more monsters on screen without having the perfomance tank.

EDIT: i think for the season to run a melee mage with Phantom Blades, based on shadow/sacred damage. Given how everything spell-wise has been buffed, i think it's gonna be fun (at least leveling with that spell was fine).