Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,789
    Really looking forward to the release.

    Bought this game on Steam back when it was very first available, watched it grow and change over time. I'm not happy with some of the changes, but overall the game looks pretty good. Looking forward to getting off work tomorrow and giving it a whirl, haven't played it in about 5 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I was expecting some Diablo-like but wow this is actually Diablo

    The energy system and weapons' thing seems interesting though. How is the story overall ? As far as I understood only Act I is implemented but is it still promising, or is that just a background stuff to justify having you slaughter everything in sight ?
    I think most ARPGs look like each other. It's not like they can reinvent the wheel but from what i played i really liked the game. Diablo inspiration is pretty clear but they managed to make it different enough it's not a blatant copy.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  3. #83
    I think the game looks cool, but apparently, the test version reviewers got early access to (you know, the version that gets updated on a daily basis while magazines write their reviews and stuff and where they get information about known issues and such beforehand from the devs) was in a really bad shape from act 2 onwards, to the point were it couldn't even be played anymore.

    It's somewhat doubtful (or as they put it, it's healthy to not assume that and have doubts) that they would able to fix all these issues till release, considering how severe they were.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-13 at 11:34 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think the game looks cool, but apparently, the test version reviewers got early access to (you know, the version that gets updated on a daily basis while magazines write their reviews and stuff and where they get information about known issues and such beforehand from the devs) was in a really bad shape from act 2 onwards, to the point were it couldn't even be played anymore.

    It's somewhat doubtful (or as they put it, it's healthy to not assume that and have doubts) that they would able to fix all these issues till release, considering how severe they were.
    Can you give us a link or something where to read this? Not saying it's not true,but i want to read this first-hand.

    EDIT: ZiggyD said that aswell in the video some posts above - the things we have seen and experienced are good, but there's a lot of stuff no one has actually tried yet. And since it's quite an amount, it may realistically make the experience bad.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  5. #85
    anyone have any more information on release? the only unreliable source i have said it is roughly an hour and 20 minutes away from now
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    anyone have any more information on release? the only unreliable source i have said it is roughly an hour and 20 minutes away from now
    5pm UTC. So an hour and 10 is right on if all goes well.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    ZiggyD said that aswell in the video some posts above - the things we have seen and experienced are good, but there's a lot of stuff no one has actually tried yet. And since it's quite an amount, it may realistically make the experience bad.
    I didn't get the impression that ZiggyD played the press demo, so I don't think his opinion is worth much beyond just speculation - on the other hand, Rhykker played through the whole story mode and didn't really complain about bugs (but then, his video was sponsored, so who knows whether he wasn't asked to be "gentle").

    Anyway, we'll see soon enough - the game is out. From what I see on Twitter (I'm still downloading), servers supposedly already caught fire
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-02-13 at 05:18 PM.

  8. #88
    nothing compared to lost ark online.

  9. #89
    i guess this was to be expected.. lol, cmonnnnnn lettts gooo authentication
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    nothing compared to lost ark online.
    Lost ark is a great game, but the hoops that you have to jump through make it not worth it IMO, plus the translation patch is so bad its almost good.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can you give us a link or something where to read this? Not saying it's not true,but i want to read this first-hand.

    EDIT: ZiggyD said that aswell in the video some posts above - the things we have seen and experienced are good, but there's a lot of stuff no one has actually tried yet. And since it's quite an amount, it may realistically make the experience bad.
    It's the statement from a german magazine called Gamestar I came across on youtube by chance.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbhRlVg6OC0

    4:00 shows some bugs.
    and more at 7:50 onwards till 9:30 (just look at the video material)
    (invisible barriers, AI stops working, Animations won't play, the boss disappears randomly etc.)

    As mentioned earlier, they were told that the test-build was an older version (however, that build was being updated on a daily basis for them, so that's very weird in first place) - but who knows for sure.
    They are simply telling their viewers that they will do a new test now with the release version

    Act1 has been playable for a long time, and that part of the game is supposedly extremely strong and good, but the test version they got was getting less and less stable from act2 onwards. (the new parts)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-14 at 12:46 AM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    What the fuck - this trailer looks awesome!
    They really held a bunch back and the new UI is wonderful.

  13. #93
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,665
    Am I to assume this plays like the usual Diabloesque game? Click to move and click to attack and such(Sounds like dumb question but... yeah).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Am I to assume this plays like the usual Diabloesque game? Click to move and click to attack and such(Sounds like dumb question but... yeah).
    Yup, diablo style ARPG.

  15. #95
    steam reviews are mostly positive. i couldnt read all on the way to work but the few negative I have read stated that you had to click again and again and also mvoe with the same button (left click) .

    I didnt really understand what is the deal? we destroyed our mouses with spam clicks playing diablo 1 and 2. always used left click for both attacking and moving.
    maybe I have misunderstood.

  16. #96
    Hope they rebalance things soon. The summons are pretty bad.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Lost ark is a great game, but the hoops that you have to jump through make it not worth it IMO, plus the translation patch is so bad its almost good.
    i would not say that per se. The translation guys did ameizing work. They started on the skorea server, then were forced to move to russian server, because of the "more lose" server agenda. And afaik there are no further plans for an European release. Which is a catastrophe (in my eyes).

    So if you really want to play that game, nowadays you play it on russian server, and it is better and faster way then the "hoops that you have to jump" for the south korean one. But russian server is some patches behind.

    Not to mention you do not get ip banned instantly in russia. <3

    L.A. offers that what i miss in Worcen, an immersive connected mmo world and raids!! *_*

  18. #98
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,789
    This game feels like Diablo 4. Really enjoying it. Not a whole lot of difference from the last Beta I played, but still fun. Playing as a mage type atm, just started so I'm only level 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    steam reviews are mostly positive. i couldnt read all on the way to work but the few negative I have read stated that you had to click again and again and also mvoe with the same button (left click) .

    I didnt really understand what is the deal? we destroyed our mouses with spam clicks playing diablo 1 and 2. always used left click for both attacking and moving.
    maybe I have misunderstood.
    on the move thing, people are probably coming out of PoE where you can bind a "move only" button

  20. #100
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    on the move thing, people are probably coming out of PoE where you can bind a "move only" button
    I just don't care for the click to move kinda thing ARPG usually has, not as much as I used to. More about me then the game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •