Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I just don't care for the click to move kinda thing ARPG usually has, not as much as I used to. More about me then the game.
    only a couple i can think of that don't do that, and they're not highly rated lol. Last epoch and a few others do have controller support though.

  2. #102
    Well, a fair warning - there's an issue with your progress not being saved. I completed the first area of Act II (without any other issues) in offline mode, took a break and... my campaign progress is gone. Fortunately, my level, skills and gear are all still there, so it's not a complete wipe.

    So yeah, it you guys are planning to play Wolcen, I'd say you should probably give it like a day or two so that the devs can patch it up a bit.

  3. #103


    A pretty positive review, he does talk about the technical problems but says it didn't really ruin his enjoyment of the game though he doesn't recommend it to anyone who isn't interested in getting into the end game grind.

    The left-click to move complaint is really weird to me, doesn't literally every ARPG control like that outside of console ports?

  4. #104
    This looks like an absolute disaster of a game.

    1. Small indie company
    2. No value add
    3. Focus on single player
    4. Garrisons?!?!

    I love arpgs but there is no way im playing this. This looks like the typical title that introverts on the internet heaps loads of praise upon, then absolutely no one plays and it dies quietly.

    You cant build a game around spinning some rings on talent trees.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-02-14 at 04:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  5. #105
    I found a bug that kinda is a big deal. Bat-like flying enemies cannot be targeted. Period. AOE effects can hit them, but not being to be targeted is kind of important.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This looks like an absolute disaster of a game.

    1. Small indie company
    2. No value add
    3. Focus on single player
    4. Garrisons?!?!

    I love arpgs but there is no way im playing this. This looks like the typical title that introverts on the internet heaps loads of praise upon, then absolutely no one plays and it dies quietly.

    You cant build a game around spinning some rings on talent trees.
    It's pretty clear you haven't played the game itself, your cons makes no sense.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, a fair warning - there's an issue with your progress not being saved. I completed the first area of Act II (without any other issues) in offline mode, took a break and... my campaign progress is gone. Fortunately, my level, skills and gear are all still there, so it's not a complete wipe..
    They said they are working on a hotfix for that.
    I managed to get to lvl 10, after "quite a few" tries to log in, but that was expected. Even D3 backed up by a mutibillion dollar company had issues for 2 days.
    I like the animations, the combat is smooth, encountered some sound bugs, but otherwise it was great. Looks like I'll get some hours of fun in it.

  8. #108
    Won't let me create a game now, hopefully it's something they're working on.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Won't let me create a game now, hopefully it's something they're working on.
    Yea, they've been working all day with their hosting provider I guess. It's honestly not been all that bad though considering how small the company is, large companies have actually had worse problems lol

  10. #110
    Bought it and played a bit with 3 other friends. Let me tell you, trying to get a party working was rough as fuck. I saw them all online, some saw me offline, some saw the party invites, others didn't. It was a mess but we had our laughs. This is priority #1 to be fixed IMO.

    Beyond that, the game is rough. Visually great but there is some lack of complete fluid controls that I often get. It could be an online issue but my latency was constantly sub 50ms. All in all, performance does need work and that's coming from someone with a 1070 and 4.5gHz i5.

    One of my biggest tells that this game is still in "Beta" is the missing tooltips and some other UI elements. Half the quest rewards would not allow me to compare what I have equipped, the trade feature is somewhat wonky with my party, and some skill modifiers also lacked tooltip details. One mod says it adds a wave of damage but with zero detail on how much damage that is.

    Despite all these flaws I listed, I don't regret the purchase. The build capabilities so far seem insane and that's what I love in ARPGs. I loved it in PoE and will hopefully enjoy some crazy ones in Wolcen. The resource system is also neat as well that combines a Mana bar to a Rage one that counteracts each other.

    In a nutshell, the game is still in dire need of dev support. It still feels like Early Access but a very playable one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I found a bug that kinda is a big deal. Bat-like flying enemies cannot be targeted. Period. AOE effects can hit them, but not being to be targeted is kind of important.
    Works with my when I hold shift.
    Last edited by kail; 2020-02-14 at 06:35 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    nothing compared to lost ark online.
    Which will never happen in EU/NA, is pay2win in RU and it's just a pain and requires paying a PVN to play. So, hard pass for me (though i'd like to play it).

    Also, they're two "different genres" with LAO going towards an MMO.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    L.A. offers that what i miss in Worcen, an immersive connected mmo world and raids!! *_*
    Exactly. You want an MMO and Wolcen is not one. Reason why i like it, couldn't care less about online/group play. To each his own. The fact they are isometric and have action combat doesn't mean they're really comparable imho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I found a bug that kinda is a big deal. Bat-like flying enemies cannot be targeted. Period. AOE effects can hit them, but not being to be targeted is kind of important.
    I am using different spells and such and most of them work, though there are some that have troubles targeting them. But i suppose it's a problem of the specific monster as everything else is targetable with no issues.

    So, time to share builds and ideas? So far i'm still in act 1 and i have already tried that, so i'll do a judgemnt pass after i have completed the story at least.

    Anyways, after having played a spellblade for all the beta, i wanted to run something different but also hybrid, so i'm going for a pistol/toxic dmg build. I think i have all the skills i need already, but i want to see how summons are. I've heard people saying they suck, but it may be a scaling issue. It was present in beta - some skills scale maybe too well at the beginning and other stuff looks weak as hell. Over time, with runes and passives, they start to catch up. So, it may be temporary but i don't exclude broken/UP ones. Just try everything, since it's perfectly doable.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-02-14 at 07:11 AM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  12. #112
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This looks like an absolute disaster of a game.

    1. Small indie company
    2. No value add
    3. Focus on single player
    4. Garrisons?!?!

    I love arpgs but there is no way im playing this. This looks like the typical title that introverts on the internet heaps loads of praise upon, then absolutely no one plays and it dies quietly.

    You cant build a game around spinning some rings on talent trees.
    Aren't most ARPGs like that and built around their class/build systems? The last ARPG I played was D3, which was doo doo at launch.

    The most recent ARPG I played was Grim Dawn. Amazing game that hit most of the points you laid out.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This looks like an absolute disaster of a game.
    Maybe it's just not the game you wanted. All the point you stated are moot to me and i'm just having fun to play. In the end i think that a game is good enough if you're having fun with it, independently from how objectively good or bad it is (to a degree obviously).
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  14. #114
    Old God Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    10,388
    What's this game's idea of end game?

    Additionally as far as diablo and poe like games, isn't grim Dawn the one people used to set this one up agaisnt?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Which will never happen in EU/NA
    Wouldn't say never, last i heard they were hiring for english and mail.ru is my.com in the US.

    As for p2w, sure is in pvp, but it works just fine in pve without paying.

    But that's kind of ot so I guess I'll leave it there.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Wouldn't say never, last i heard they were hiring for english and mail.ru is my.com in the US.

    As for p2w, sure is in pvp, but it works just fine in pve without paying.

    But that's kind of ot so I guess I'll leave it there.
    Better than i thought - but i have read an interview that they are not planning to expand over russia and korea for focusing on more content. So, it's still a VPN and unofficial translation patch which i don't see to get anytime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What's this game's idea of end game?

    Additionally as far as diablo and poe like games, isn't grim Dawn the one people used to set this one up agaisnt?
    Without spoiling too much - you will have a sort of "garrison" that will be improved through questlines and missions. Yoiu can unlock skins, passives, stash tabs with them. Don't know how long it will be to get a full clear of it. Anyway there are randomized dungeons to play that are infinitely repeatable and have difficulty scaling so you can go up with challenge.

    All in all, not super innovatove but at least it has structure. For sure if the game does well we'll see more stuff coming.

    EDIT: dunno if it was posted before, but this can give you a grasp of the game in a few minutes.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  17. #117
    How does spell scaling work in this game because having a look it they seem really really terrible compared to melee skills.

    I saw the Psiblades in the trailer (Infinity Blades) and wanted to do something with them but the damage is pitiful, and the passive tree doesn't look nearly as good for spells.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #118
    A tiny question. I read somewhere in this thread at some point about some movement related stuff. I didn't get clear idea what was the result. Is there a move only key?

    Can I bind a movement key somewhere off the mouse?


    I have had this problem with all arpg's I play. If movement is tied to mouse, my finger starts to hurt eventually. It will literally get painful to play so I usually bind movement to keyboard. It will still happen, but it takes far longer to start, if I dont have to constantly press the mouse button.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How does spell scaling work in this game because having a look it they seem really really terrible compared to melee skills.

    I saw the Psiblades in the trailer (Infinity Blades) and wanted to do something with them but the damage is pitiful, and the passive tree doesn't look nearly as good for spells.
    Mainly 3 ways.

    Damage scales overall with main stats. Each stats gives you a flat dmg% to everything, and it all depends on which one are you stacking the most. Secondary effects are equally good for spells and attacks (example ferocity increases crit chance overall).

    Other way is via passive nodes - there are plenty that increase spell or attack damage but most of them are specific for one skill type. Generally red sections have attack damage and blue have spell damage nodes (with green working on "projectiles" that are present as mechanic for both spells and attacks).

    3rd way is obviously with gear affixes. There are spell, attack and generic dmg. You can also find flat "X-Y dmg type added to spells/attacks" that are basically damage increases but they are more useful for the ailments and that would require another explanation.

    P.S: beware that ailment damage and spell damage are not the same. The first increases the power of the added effects the various dmg types have, the second is flat out "strike" damage. You can do a full ailment (=dot) dmg build or a standard caster one.

    Which skills are you using?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    A tiny question. I read somewhere in this thread at some point about some movement related stuff. I didn't get clear idea what was the result. Is there a move only key?

    Can I bind a movement key somewhere off the mouse?

    I have had this problem with all arpg's I play. If movement is tied to mouse, my finger starts to hurt eventually. It will literally get painful to play so I usually bind movement to keyboard. It will still happen, but it takes far longer to start, if I dont have to constantly press the mouse button.
    There's a binding - forced attack is LShift and forced movement should be (iirc) LCtrl. So you can rebind that to a mouse button i suppose, i don't know if you can rebind it as PoE where left click is ONLY MOVE or if you need to keep pressed another button and click in order to just move.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    There's a binding - forced attack is LShift and forced movement should be (iirc) LCtrl. So you can rebind that to a mouse button i suppose, i don't know if you can rebind it as PoE where left click is ONLY MOVE or if you need to keep pressed another button and click in order to just move.
    Sounds like modifier thing? I have to press button A to and then click to move to force move? That sounds bad. Even, if I could possibly like this game, I wouldn't be able to play it. At least not comfortably.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •