Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This looks like an absolute disaster of a game.

    1. Small indie company
    2. No value add
    3. Focus on single player
    4. Garrisons?!?!

    I love arpgs but there is no way im playing this. This looks like the typical title that introverts on the internet heaps loads of praise upon, then absolutely no one plays and it dies quietly.

    You cant build a game around spinning some rings on talent trees.
    How to spot someone who has no clue about the subject they are talking about 101.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Mainly 3 ways.

    Damage scales overall with main stats. Each stats gives you a flat dmg% to everything, and it all depends on which one are you stacking the most. Secondary effects are equally good for spells and attacks (example ferocity increases crit chance overall).

    Other way is via passive nodes - there are plenty that increase spell or attack damage but most of them are specific for one skill type. Generally red sections have attack damage and blue have spell damage nodes (with green working on "projectiles" that are present as mechanic for both spells and attacks).

    3rd way is obviously with gear affixes. There are spell, attack and generic dmg. You can also find flat "X-Y dmg type added to spells/attacks" that are basically damage increases but they are more useful for the ailments and that would require another explanation.

    P.S: beware that ailment damage and spell damage are not the same. The first increases the power of the added effects the various dmg types have, the second is flat out "strike" damage. You can do a full ailment (=dot) dmg build or a standard caster one.
    The problem is that Warrior skills get all of those AND then get weapon damage scaling on top of it.

    Currently using a mix of Bleeding Edge, Flying Hammer and Kratos chains and even with no gear on and a basic dagger and catalyst they do ~200 damage while Infinity Blades does... 23. With 58% increased attack/melee damage from the passive tree (I know Infinity Blades doesn't scale with that, just added it to show it doesn't explain the difference with the Warrior skills)
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-02-14 at 01:18 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Sounds like modifier thing? I have to press button A to and then click to move to force move? That sounds bad. Even, if I could possibly like this game, I wouldn't be able to play it. At least not comfortably.
    Mah, never used a dedicated force to move button in any game excluding PoE. Never had issues with it and i don't have with this one, but can see why it's annoying or even unplayable for other people.

    If you have any random customizable keyboard or mouse i suppose you could use a simple macro but again, it's something that you shouldn't need to do.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  4. #124
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,818
    I have been wanting to buy Wolcen for ages, but I don't much buy EA games. So now that it is released, I will most definitely get it, but I got a question, how buggy are the later acts? Rhykker mentioned nothing about bugs, so I guess the stories about buggy content are exaggerated?

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I have been wanting to buy Wolcen for ages, but I don't much buy EA games. So now that it is released, I will most definitely get it, but I got a question, how buggy are the later acts? Rhykker mentioned nothing about bugs, so I guess the stories about buggy content are exaggerated?
    I wouldnt buy it yet, give it 2 months.

    As a long time gamer/beta tester for multiple games, and getting lucky to alpha test some games, i dont trust a game that releases 20 abilities and 10 other major things at the same time, while not releasing anything in their "Beta test" which they call "Demo" for ...ever?

    Its bound to be buggy as fuck in this time and age.

    Its why i havent bought it yet , bought Last Epoch 2 months ago, i prefer their update approach of 2-3 major things and massives updates every 2-3 weeks, makes for a more stable (delayed release) release eventually.

  6. #126
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I wouldnt buy it yet, give it 2 months.

    As a long time gamer/beta tester for multiple games, and getting lucky to alpha test some games, i dont trust a game that releases 20 abilities and 10 other major things at the same time, while not releasing anything in their "Beta test" which they call "Demo" for ...ever?

    Its bound to be buggy as fuck in this time and age.

    Its why i havent bought it yet , bought Last Epoch 2 months ago, i prefer their update approach of 2-3 major things and massives updates every 2-3 weeks, makes for a more stable (delayed release) release eventually.
    Yea, I see your point. That sounds like a bad idea to me as well. I've been waiting for Wolcen to get out EA for a long time already, waiting a few months more surely won't be a problem.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem is that Warrior skills get all of those AND then get weapon damage scaling on top of it.

    Currently using a mix of Bleeding Edge, Flying Hammer and Kratos chains and even with no gear on and a basic dagger and catalyst they do ~200 damage while Infinity Blades does... 23. With 58% increased attack/melee damage from the passive tree.
    Exactly. Infinity Blades is not an attack, it's a spell. Attack/melee damage doesn't do anything from it. Until i remember it wrong so this doesn't apply.

    IIRC Blades are just a skill needed for staff users so they can make a caster/melee hybrid - since you cannot use attacks with a staff and it's a 2h weapon, with IB you can use it to enable melee attacks for a short time despite the weapon. I don't think they're meant to be a full fledged dmg source.

    Also spells can cause much stronger ailments and have higher base damage compared to attacks. Having played with everything in beta, i had no issues with either of the skill types. Tear of whatever (the ice meteor) was doing like 9-10k crits at level 20.

    Again, it may be a bug or just bad balance. We will see later on how the thing goes. Meanwhile i cannot wait for the poison death ray to unlock
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  8. #128
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    499
    so my pure dps bow build is 100% unable to defeat the final boss in a1, i can get him to the whirlwind phase (4?) - but thats where i am pretty much unable to even attack him as im either out of revives or down to my last one..

    I think tonight, if i get on - im going to try and use pistol/shield .. i spent 10k gold redoing my attributions to add some toughness, might have to also redo my skill points if the pistol/shield doenst work..

    hope everyone who was able to get on had lots of fun
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its why i havent bought it yet , bought Last Epoch 2 months ago, i prefer their update approach of 2-3 major things and massives updates every 2-3 weeks, makes for a more stable (delayed release) release eventually.
    OT but, how's that game going? It was another i had my eyes on and was impressed by the choices made there.

    All in all, both of these games finally show how changing things and introducing actual depth in the systems makes for a completely better experience.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    so my pure dps bow build is 100% unable to defeat the final boss in a1, i can get him to the whirlwind phase (4?) - but thats where i am pretty much unable to even attack him as im either out of revives or down to my last one..

    I think tonight, if i get on - im going to try and use pistol/shield .. i spent 10k gold redoing my attributions to add some toughness, might have to also redo my skill points if the pistol/shield doenst work..

    hope everyone who was able to get on had lots of fun
    You cannot skip defenses. There's quite a leap from everything in act 1 and the last boss - in beta it was just brutal, then they nerfed to a point it was too simple and now i have yet to try it. Anyway, most of the fight is learning the patterns and basically surviving. You cannot really facetank it, it won't explode, it's a long fight. As long you don't get oneshot by pesky stuff, avoid anything red and chip his life away.

    And save dodges in phase 3. You know what i mean. EDIT: in beta i was using a cold spells/melee hybrid, so never used a shield.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  10. #130
    This netcode is killing me. Even if I manage to connect to Frankfurt with it’s allegedly 42ms, it feels like 200-300 in any other game. Close to 1 sec delays on ui clicks and the like are starting to take it’s toll.

    Tried us servers with 100 - 3 sec delays and floating rag dolls all around

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Exactly. Infinity Blades is not an attack, it's a spell. Attack/melee damage doesn't do anything from it. Until i remember it wrong so this doesn't apply.

    IIRC Blades are just a skill needed for staff users so they can make a caster/melee hybrid - since you cannot use attacks with a staff and it's a 2h weapon, with IB you can use it to enable melee attacks for a short time despite the weapon. I don't think they're meant to be a full fledged dmg source.

    Also spells can cause much stronger ailments and have higher base damage compared to attacks. Having played with everything in beta, i had no issues with either of the skill types. Tear of whatever (the ice meteor) was doing like 9-10k crits at level 20.

    Again, it may be a bug or just bad balance. We will see later on how the thing goes. Meanwhile i cannot wait for the poison death ray to unlock
    Yeah, I get attack damage won't work on it, I added it to show that it shouldn't be why my attacks skills do so much more damage, should have made that more clear .

    Respecing the passive tree is a bit expensive, guess I'll just ignore it for now and see if other people make it work as well.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    OT but, how's that game going? It was another i had my eyes on and was impressed by the choices made there.

    All in all, both of these games finally show how changing things and introducing actual depth in the systems makes for a completely better experience.
    I think its going really well tbh, they are adding and fixing things a lot.

    I think they are focusing on some sort of extra depth in mechanics, trying to reach Path of Exile or something from the get-go.

    Basically the amount of customization is getting higher and higher with each patch, and for people like you as i recall with a more casual approach and self-builds its probably gonna be awesome.

    What i mean is, as example its 1 class, 3 archetypes, you can focus 1 archetype and unlock the bigger ability, or simply do a mix of things and stuff like that.

    Over that, you pick and focus to level 5? or 6 abilities, which you can customize a lot..

    I mean you can have as example Beastmaster with 6-7 pets, all doing physical crit damage, or a bleed build, or a lightning build, or all cold pets, or thorn pets you get the point.

    Basically when Diablo 4 got announced with at least 50% of the mechanics of the game stolen from Last Epoch, i knew they were doing something right.

    My only actual problem with the game is:

    1)Same problem as Path of Exile, character models were created first so they look REALLY REALLY SHIT.

    2)They had most video options open and you could tweak around and play with some stability and with high FPS and decent graphics, now they kinda forced some things to make the game always looks pretty and requires a slightly stronger PC (Because i dislike watching my FPS dip to 30s during lots of pew pew around for others it might not be a problem.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-02-14 at 01:24 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    -snip-
    Sounds good, too bad i can focus on a single game at a time. Worth checking definitely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah, I get attack damage won't work on it, I added it to show that it shouldn't be why my attacks skills do so much more damage, should have made that more clear .

    Respecing the passive tree is a bit expensive, guess I'll just ignore it for now and see if other people make it work as well.
    It is now, won't be this much later on (though with the changes definitely not "doable inifnite times" as it was in beta). I suppose they could add degrees of reset like - full tree/single section/single point with the according costs. More choices are welcomed.

    IB is a skill i wanted to try, so i can just roll a character and roll with them and share my experience. Because why not.

    EDIT: checked skill base damage and runes. Yeah, it seems something you would use with high spell damage baseline to enable hybrid builds that focus mostly on spells though. Like, a melee mage with no use for rage whatsoever.
    If there isn't one already, a good idea for a unique item would be a staff that makes the skill scale off attack dmg aswell to enable the "melee arcane master" thing i suppose you were aiming for.

    but you can definitely make them work. You need to invest in spells as if you were a mage for damage and defensive nodes in the red sections as needed. Though you could also go full energy shield and full caster armor aswell. I see multiple viable options.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-02-14 at 02:06 PM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    This netcode is killing me. Even if I manage to connect to Frankfurt with it’s allegedly 42ms, it feels like 200-300 in any other game. Close to 1 sec delays on ui clicks and the like are starting to take it’s toll.

    Tried us servers with 100 - 3 sec delays and floating rag dolls all around
    It seems like there is some weird mismatch on x,y mousepos from <your screen mousepos> to the game mousepos, I can't explain it but it's like the game doesn't register that you right clicked when vendoring some items. There's also an issue where you open your inventory, you have to LEFT click the inventory to be able to interact with the inventory, which is crap tbh. Otherwise, it's a solid game with a few issues leftover from beta/alpha. May I ask what hz ur running on your main monitor?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    It seems like there is some weird mismatch on x,y mousepos from <your screen mousepos> to the game mousepos, I can't explain it but it's like the game doesn't register that you right clicked when vendoring some items. There's also an issue where you open your inventory, you have to LEFT click the inventory to be able to interact with the inventory, which is crap tbh. Otherwise, it's a solid game with a few issues leftover from beta/alpha. May I ask what hz ur running on your main monitor?
    60. Yeah, the clunkyness of ui is there, but there’s also some delays for me, which makes it even more obvious. Maybe it’s release issues, we’ll see. Maybe should go and try offline mode for comparison, that one’s supposed to be running 0 latency, since i’m Hosting it.

    Also having issues with whirlwind, it has super inconsistent spin times. The description with initial cost and sustain per sec cost kinda eludes to the skull being click and hold to spin, which seems to not be working for me. So I have to start it over and over, paying the start cost o again and again. I thought it could be longer spins if you target it towards further spots on the ground, but that is also extremely inconsistent for me.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    60. Yeah, the clunkyness of ui is there, but there’s also some delays for me, which makes it even more obvious. Maybe it’s release issues, we’ll see. Maybe should go and try offline mode for comparison, that one’s supposed to be running 0 latency, since i’m Hosting it.

    Also having issues with whirlwind, it has super inconsistent spin times. The description with initial cost and sustain per sec cost kinda eludes to the skull being click and hold to spin, which seems to not be working for me. So I have to start it over and over, paying the start cost o again and again. I thought it could be longer spins if you target it towards further spots on the ground, but that is also extremely inconsistent for me.
    Have you checked the lvl 17 skill modifier on Bladestorm?
    "Can be held to prolong the duration of the skill".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    60. Yeah, the clunkyness of ui is there, but there’s also some delays for me, which makes it even more obvious. Maybe it’s release issues, we’ll see. Maybe should go and try offline mode for comparison, that one’s supposed to be running 0 latency, since i’m Hosting it.

    Also having issues with whirlwind, it has super inconsistent spin times. The description with initial cost and sustain per sec cost kinda eludes to the skull being click and hold to spin, which seems to not be working for me. So I have to start it over and over, paying the start cost o again and again. I thought it could be longer spins if you target it towards further spots on the ground, but that is also extremely inconsistent for me.
    If it's worth anything, i am playing offline mode and i don't have any of these issues apart the bugs like the untargetable bat monsters. I remember when playing beta that when there were server issues or stress tests that i was having a lot of similar stuff happening, while offline was obviously "clean".

    Anyway, if you look at the skill it works exactly like you said, it's not a bug. There's a rune that activates the "hold to spin" thing. I agree it's counterintuitive though - mostly because how we are used to play WW skills in basically any other ARPG. But the skill itself is "click on screen and go there spinning", not like Diablo Barb WW. The lvl 17 rune makes it work that way.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Which will never happen in EU/NA, is pay2win in RU and it's just a pain and requires paying a PVN to play. So, hard pass for me (though i'd like to play it).

    Also, they're two "different genres" with LAO going towards an MMO.

    -> Source for P2W?


    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly. You want an MMO and Wolcen is not one. Reason why i like it, couldn't care less about online/group play. To each his own. The fact they are isometric and have action combat doesn't mean they're really comparable imho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I used to have fun playing soloplayer games in 90s. Like Sacred. But why would you not prefer to share your Char/Exp?

    //It is not so hard to connect to it. Once this is set up, you don't need to spend a lot of time reconfiguring it. For Korea i recommend Exitlagg. It is crazy, you literally play with no delay. Since i don't have any information for russian server (from first hand) i can't tell if exitlagg is needed. I say it is not. Ping should be arround 40ms (connectin from eu)


    *edit // Well, open beta in russia started last year Q4 and everybody can participate. All you need is a russian email and a program that sets your ip to russian one. And to clearify this. It is not P2W. All things from the shop are cosmetics or char. boosts. Pay to pleasure, but not pay 2 win.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-02-14 at 04:10 PM.

  19. #139
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,083
    How deep is the gearing system in this game.

    Im looking for > Diablo 3, but < PoE. Im looking for a middle ground ARPG.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    How deep is the gearing system in this game.

    Im looking for > Diablo 3, but < PoE. Im looking for a middle ground ARPG.
    It's a good game. The Alpha/Beta weren't enough of gear indication, but it's more D2 than D3 or POE. The gem system is interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •