Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the offline mode is playable I'd think by definitation the game is playable. Sure go ahead and criticize these devs for a online mode that isn't working I get it but saying the entire game is unplayable seems dishonest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

well this is certainly going to have a massive impact on the longevity of this game. Most hype is vanishing due to the game being unplayable. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Then how are people playing the game? How are streamers with tens of thousands of viewers playing the game in front of a live audience who are also either playing along or interested in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's just melee is satisfying. But magic is satisfying too, I was trying it out in offline and it actually made me want to make a full on magic caster (I was a half melee/magic build in trying it out).

It's cool because I originally want to go melee for online (want to play tankiest tank tank ever) but there's abilities in the big poe style tree that basically can make you tanky as a caster too, I am going to try that next after I finish up my work for the day
    I'm interested in the game and would like to play a caster, but with all the online issues I am pretty much holding off on buying. What is there to do at end game? It's like D3 Rifts?

I've been looking for a Diablo like game to play. Lost Ark is probably never coming to NA and PoE doesn't really capture my interest.
    Last edited by OBM; 2020-02-15 at 09:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    I'm interested in the game and would like to play a caster, but with all the online issues I am pretty much holding off on buying. What is there to do at end game? It's like D3 Rifts?

I've been looking for a Diablo like game to play. Lost Ark is probably never coming to NA and PoE doesn't really capture my interest.
    At endgame there's this city management mini-game where it unlocks better access to gear and things and then I think they have a D3 Rift like system. You can enter harder and harder dungeons (choose your difficulty and there's many levels) which award better loot/rewards is that like D3 Rifts?

I feel like this game is closer to Diablo than PoE, it just merely includes the PoE skill tree and well the skills themselves have more customization options choose-able. People even rag on the UI looking very much like D3 lol.

This feels like the ARPG that will tide me over until D4 pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If the offline mode is playable I'd think by definitation the game is playable. Sure go ahead and criticize these devs for a online mode that isn't working I get it but saying the entire game is unplayable seems dishonest.
    Yeah that's my hangup with some of the complainers. Criticizing fucked up online mode is a-ok and makes sense for a paid product. But acting as if game is literally unplayable is very dishonest and misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this game is only similar to PoE in the passive tree design (except for genre defining elements. Even then, the passive tree is close to Grim Dawn

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So this is a D3-clone (like 90% clone) with the PoE skill tree and some city management system. Not sure it really worth the price if you already own D3 or play PoE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yeah that's my hangup with some of the complainers. Criticizing fucked up online mode is a-ok and makes sense for a paid product. But acting as if game is literally unplayable is very dishonest and misleading.
    Sorry, but what about people who chose to play online? I have a level 28 working through act two, and it’s literally unplayable. It’s an easy argument for people playing offline, but look from other people’s perspective. You suggest they are dishonest, because they have a choice to literally start the game over from scratch, play through the same levels and story for the second time and work towards.... what, exactly? Might as well delete that character after the servers start working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    So this is a D3-clone (like 90% clone) with the PoE skill tree and some city management system. Not sure it really worth the price if you already own D3 or play PoE.....
    This is not even close to Poe skill tree freedom or complexity. It’s a sort of a similar game, with a few other gimmicks on the side. Not a bad alternative for Poe end of season drought. Maybe not worth the full price atm.
    Last edited by Tang0; 2020-02-15 at 10:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Sorry, but what about people who chose to play online? I have a level 28 working through act two, and it’s literally unplayable. It’s an easy argument for people playing offline, but look from other people’s perspective. You suggest they are dishonest, because they have a choice to literally start the game over from scratch, play through the same levels and story for the second time and work towards.... what, exactly? Might as well delete that character after the servers start working again.
    Again, online issue woes are justifiable but to say "game is literally unplayable" is in fact dishonest.

There's a difference between "game is unplayable" and "game the way I want to play it is unplayable".

Now understand the context, people are leaving reviews saying "game is unplayable" who are these reviews for? People that are looking to play the game.

There's, again, a huge difference between "game is unplayable" and "game's online mode not playable, but you can play in offline mode".

For the people who are looking to ONLY play online they can avoid it, but it at the same time allows people that just want to play the game to y'know—actually play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically the way people are acting are as if WoW released a patch where the raid is somehow massively broken and people aren't allowed in it, yet every other function of the game works. Then going around saying "the new WoW patch makes the game unplayable."

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    well this is certainly going to have a massive impact on the longevity of this game. Most hype is vanishing due to the game being unplayable. RIP.
    Game is totally playable. Just finished Act 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Literally every product on earth has issues with first releases. Only idiots think otherwise.
    I buy cars, that i have no complaints of when they come out. I eat food when they are new in shops and places, and i have bought many games which i did not have any issue with at launch, when it comes to bugs/gameplay problems.

Besides, it does not matter if every thing has issues on launch, you as a producer, are responsible for what you produce. Saying that "It will get better with time" is not an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Classic WoW was a massive mess as well, something a AAA company had time and resources to prep. Wolven devs are few and apparently the game peaked above 60k. This is a kids lemonade stand that suddenly attracted the entire neighborhood so I won't fault them for launch day stability.
    Its rare i have a problem with launch day load problems, but if it persists, then maybe you should not have launched to a big market as the first thing. Again, no matter how big or small of a company you are, you are still responsible for delivering a complete and non-problematic product, as you promise on purchase.

Should we then take out those companies and shoot them in the street because of it? Ofcourse not. But it will be something that can take a 10/10 experience down to an 9 or 8, if your first 2 days of having the game is spent getting disconnected all the time, especially in a game with hardcore(One death = Game over).
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I buy cars, that i have no complaints of when they come out. I eat food when they are new in shops and places, and i have bought many games which i did not have any issue with at launch, when it comes to bugs/gameplay problems.

Besides, it does not matter if every thing has issues on launch, you as a producer, are responsible for what you produce. Saying that "It will get better with time" is not an excuse.
    You are comparing things that can literally kill a person or more if they are not in working order (malfunctioning car/safely prepared food) to a videogame without a functioning online component. Please elaborate how that analogy works as a comparison?

People need to tone down some of hate (as in death threats and insults of wishing abortion on someone). Some people act as if they got their hand chopped off or something because of no online atm.

Since I play ARPGs mostly solo, playing offline was just fine.
    Combat wise, not as smooth as D3 (that is D3s main strength) but smoother than Grim Dawn for me. (playing melee).
    Visually it looks ace, and the passive skill wheel is good, I enjoy it quite a bit.

Big thumbs up from me. Although I have been playing casually, only just started Act 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    'heavily inspired'
    Hahahaha. Yeah, and Paladins is "heavily inspired" by Overwatch, and this (https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/...?itok=pGsOfGHo) car is "heavily inspired" by a Range Rover.. I get it, you're okay with stealing other people's copyrighted material as long as it's "fun". You've likely never created a single thing in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. Yeah, and Paladins is "heavily inspired" by Overwatch, and this (https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/...?itok=pGsOfGHo) car is "heavily inspired" by a Range Rover.. I get it, you're okay with stealing other people's copyrighted material as long as it's "fun". You've likely never created a single thing in your life.
    Dude... both paladins AND overwatch were "heavily inspired" by TF2.

Paladins and overwatch actually play quite a bit different than each other, just like Wolcen plays quite a bit different than Diablo.

Diablo doesn't have a copyright on "dark"

Rough start, but I've enjoyed what little I've played. Just no real interest in playing an offline character and it looks will servers "should" be up tomorrow, so looking forward to diving in.

I've been playing offline to learn the game better and test out builds. It's been fantastic, though the online issues are an inconvenience. They will get this resolved and hopefully, all the people whining will give it an actual chance rather than judging a game on the server issues. The game itself is good, the server stability currently is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I've been playing offline to learn the game better and test out builds. It's been fantastic, though the online issues are an inconvenience. They will get this resolved and hopefully, all the people whining will give it an actual chance rather than judging a game on the server issues. The game itself is good, the server stability currently is not.
    It's definitely not without issues though... there's an EXTREMELY annoying issues with the mouse for me... I can click directly on an item on the ground sometimes and it acts like I want to move to a completely different spot and not pick up the item, I have to spam like 20 times to get it to pick up. It's keeping me from enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's definitely not without issues though... there's an EXTREMELY annoying issues with the mouse for me... I can click directly on an item on the ground sometimes and it acts like I want to move to a completely different spot and not pick up the item, I have to spam like 20 times to get it to pick up. It's keeping me from enjoying the game.
    YES. picking up items in this game is honestly terrible. Ive seen a lot of streamers struggling with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    YES. picking up items in this game is honestly terrible. Ive seen a lot of streamers struggling with it too.
    I've had the game for like a year, and I really don't remember it being this bad in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've had the game for like a year, and I really don't remember it being this bad in beta.
    I didnt have early access so i wouldnt know, but, its pretty annoying. it doesnt "ruin" the game, but every few seconds having something that clunky happen certainly takes you out of the zone.