Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've played many many MANY F2P games over the years and Poe is one of the least worrying when it comes to the shop. Most sell power (God some are so bad about it). Only one I can think of off the top of my head that was decent was wildstars shop, and look how that turned out

But that's probably enough of that, we'll never see eye to eye, you value cosmetics more than me
    But shops that sell power are wildly unpopular... I feel like you continue to not understand whats being said.

PoE's shop has every bullshit tactic people complain about short of buying power... for insane prices... and people are not only ok with it... they defend it.

THAT is why its worrying, because they've found a way to make their players happy to be milked for insane amounts of money... and other companies will use that as an example for their games.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You're ignoring that while others charge for content, PoE doesn't require a dime to play any update they make to the game. Sorry but I have to disagree that PoE implements one of the best F2P models that exist. My only complaint is that the game is somewhat "unplayable" without select stashes that do cost money, I feel the game makes enough on the cosmetics alone but this is only a logical hunch.

Outside of that it only sucks hard if you truly care about how you look instead of the high progression depth the game has. The fact that the game you set as an example has a cash shop speaks volumes that MTX are here to stay for just about every online game that exists. The only games that don't include MTXs to my memory are single player story/rpg games like Witcher and Obsidian games.

D4 will come with MTX, it's already confirmed. What maybe deserves more criticism is that D4 is not F2P but I frankly don't care about anything outside of power being sold for real money.

- - - Updated - - -

Set the same budget for cosmetics then. F2P without purchasable power is like a "pay what you want" model. You could pay a flat zero or $40 for something you do want. Those with less spending money can enjoy it as much as those that spend shit tons on entertainment.
    Did you see what those things cost? They are overpriced as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    But shops that sell power are wildly unpopular... I feel like you continue to not understand whats being said.

PoE's shop has every bullshit tactic people complain about short of buying power... for insane prices... and people are not only ok with it... they defend it.

THAT is why its worrying, because they've found a way to make their players happy to be milked for insane amounts of money... and other companies will use that as an example for their games.
    Wild unpopular but still incredibly common.

PoE is one of the few F2P games that doesn't sell power that i've played in a while.

Also, barely anything in PoE goes away, just the supporter packs which few people buy (who's actually going to spend the max of 480, very few people. 480 btw, not 900 or whatever you said)

The loot boxes that you brought up? just wait for it, everything will be put into the regular shop anyway. Like I said, I'd rather spend 60 bucks voluntarily then be forced to spend 60 bucks.

Visual progression is important in RPG. Locking all of it behind super expensive MTXs is kind of a dick move.

Wild unpopular but still incredibly common.

PoE is one of the few F2P games that doesn't sell power that i've played in a while.
    Are you ok? I'm speaking plain English and you're responses make it sound like you don't understand the point being made.

Also, barely anything in PoE goes away, just the supporter packs which few people buy (who's actually going to spend the max of 480, very few people. 480 btw, not 900 or whatever you said)
    Its 480$ for the yearly supporter pack, then its another 120 per league and there's 4 leagues a year which is an additional 480$... for a total of 960$ a year if you don't want to get fucked out of any cosmetics.

Please pay attention to what the shop is doing before you defend it...

The loot boxes that you brought up? just wait for it, everything will be put into the regular shop anyway. Like I said, I'd rather spend 60 bucks voluntarily then be forced to spend 60 bucks.
    There shouldn't be lootboxes in the first place. "Just don't engage with it" doesn't make it ok that its there in the first place.

They have so much egregious nonsense in their shop, there's absolutely no reason they need to do every single bad practice.

Are you ok? I'm speaking plain English and you're responses make it sound like you don't understand the point being made.

Its 480$ for the yearly supporter pack, then its another 120 per league and there's 4 leagues a year which is an additional 480$... for a total of 960$ a year if you don't want to get fucked out of any cosmetics.

Please pay attention to what the shop is doing before you defend it...

There shouldn't be lootboxes in the first place. "Just don't engage with it" doesn't make it ok that its there in the first place.

They have so much egregious nonsense in their shop, there's absolutely no reason they need to do every single bad practice.
    We get it, you hate their store.

It's optional, i don't need to pay for any of it. it's mostly cosmetic. The game itself is 100% playable free and a damn good game to boot.

I already said we should drop this as I will never agree with you.

We get it, you hate their store.

It's optional, i don't need to pay for any of it. it's mostly cosmetic. The game itself is 100% playable free and a damn good game to boot.

I already said we should drop this as I will never agree with you.
    Yeah that wasn't the point being made but... clearly you're right this is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Visual progression is important in RPG. Locking all of it behind super expensive MTXs is kind of a dick move.
    In your opinion. I'd rather only have to make purchases if I WANT something and play the game for free otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that wasn't the point being made but... clearly you're right this is a waste of time.
    It's the only point, it's optional MTX, you don't have to pay for it. It doesn't matter if its 10 dollars or 1000 dollars (which they have sold things for). It's not going to ruin your experience playing the game unless you're petty and only care about how "cool" you look and feel like you HAVE to have everything.

In your opinion. I'd rather only have to make purchases if I WANT something and play the game for free otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the only point, it's optional MTX, you don't have to pay for it. It doesn't matter if its 10 dollars or 1000 dollars (which they have sold things for). It's not going to ruin your experience playing the game unless you're petty and only care about how "cool" you look and feel like you HAVE to have everything.
    Wtf 1000$!?

Wtf 1000$!?
    It was a short lived promotion back in beta and maybe a little into early launch to get a Unique you designed in the game. It's how oni goroshi came to be

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in a F2P game 1k for any kind of transaction seems absurd even if it didn't end up happening.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Even in a F2P game 1k for any kind of transaction seems absurd even if it didn't end up happening.
    At least one person thought it was worth it, I personally never would have, but it IS pretty cool to have an item you created permanently in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    PoE's system is a bit exploitive, as they dont have anything in game that looks good that's free as well as overpricing their stuff. With Wolcen, their transmog system is already damned good so MTX wont feel as necessary, although I still hope they add some minor improvements to the free stuff like spell effect looks on weapons.

Oh, and please no lootbox. Lootbox is bad because it basically triggers gambling brian issues. Buying what you want directly is always better.

With how often ARPGs need new content / seasons, Id rather they fund it through MTX than pay 15$ every time. Makes it available to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    PoE's system is a bit exploitive, as they dont have anything in game that looks good that's free as well as overpricing their stuff. With Wolcen, their transmog system is already damned good so MTX wont feel as necessary, although I still hope they add some minor improvements to the free stuff like spell effect looks on weapons.

Oh, and please no lootbox. Lootbox is bad because it basically triggers gambling brian issues. Buying what you want directly is always better.

With how often ARPGs need new content / seasons, Id rather they fund it through MTX than pay 15$ every time. Makes it available to more people.
    I'm weird, I actually LIKE loot boxes. I don't spend money on them, but I like getting random shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Did you see what those things cost? They are overpriced as fuck.
    Then don't buy some overpriced wings. Don't buy sets or effects directly if cost is an issue. Those league supporter packs give you almost the same value of in-game currency as it's price so you get a full set for effectively free. That is the only way I spent money on PoE.

I find it hard to complain about a cosmetic shop when they regularly provide free leagues, game changing expansions and soon to be an entirely new game for zero cost. When 3.0 released, it blew me away the rework they did for the game without a paywall while D3 wants $10 to play a new class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

The biggest issue with PoE's lootboxes are duplicates and it would be nice if we can mulch them for the shop coins.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well, a conclusion can be drawn, that people who think Wolcen is worth “7 or 8” out of ten have a very peculiar mindset. The one, that keeps them in denial that Poe is an objectively better game. Well, to be fair even diablo is an objectively better game.

RPGs live and die tied to the amount of content they offer. Desire to look pretty is not bad, but your Barbie simulators are a bit of a different genre.

So Wolcen is a bit of miss of an rpg currently, outside it’s 3 acts and a couple hours of fresh gear loop getting to lvl 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Well, a conclusion can be drawn, that people who think Wolcen is worth “7 or 8” out of ten have a very peculiar mindset. The one, that keeps them in denial that Poe is an objectively better game. Well, to be fair even diablo is an objectively better game.

RPGs live and die tied to the amount of content they offer. Desire to look pretty is not bad, but your Barbie simulators are a bit of a different genre.

So Wolcen is a bit of miss of an rpg currently, outside it’s 3 acts and a couple hours of fresh gear loop getting to lvl 60.
    I'm confused. Is this the norm now? Do people really expect and want the "perpetual" content design? I want or expect about 20 hours of real solid content from any game at this point. Double that if you're completionist. It's a good day when I get a game that has content on the level of something like mass effect, dragon age, skyrim, fallout 4, witcher 3, etc. Those games are obvious gold standards, but I'd rather have a game with more enjoyable content that wraps up in even 10 hours than some game that drones on with "repetitive' autogenerated garbage for 100.

That's my least favorite part about PoE. The combat is lacking for <reasons> compared to so many other games, so the only thing LEFT is to grind maps or delve in search of that 0.5% meaningless increase in damage.

Cosmetics is tied to progression. Imagine if you can play WoW for free but you don't get any of the cool armors/weapons looks and shiny mounts by playing the game. Each of them then is sold seperately for 40$+. I would take the current WoW over that shit.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-02-24 at 10:02 AM.

Cosmetics is tied to progression. Imagine if you can play WoW for free but you don't get any of the cool armors/weapons looks and shiny mounts by playing the game. Each of them than is sold seperately for 40+$. I would take the current WoW over that shit.
    I would prefer it the other way around.
    It would save me a lot of money, Blizzard would start to design good looking armor and if there is one I could buy it for 40€ and still save 100€ over the rest of the year.

I'm using the same 3 transmogs since forever, Legion changed the weapon slot due to the artifact weapons
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-24 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I would prefer it the other way around.
    It would save me a lot of money, Blizzard would start to design good looking armor and if there is one I could buy it for 40€ and still save 100€ over the rest of the year.

I'm using the same 3 transmogs since forever, Legion changed the weapon slot due to the artifact weapons
    You are fucked if you get bored of that set though.