Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    nvm i should not post when i've just woken up :P
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2016-05-07 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For BoS uptime i would vote for this. BoS will be putting more value on haste so picking haste synergistic talents is also important.

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ght/frost/MQDz

Disregarded Frozen Pulse beacuse of clunky nature of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I dislike BoS currently and dread that it made it to Legion. Especially as Frost. Hope the spell is garbage so that I don't need to be bothered with it.
    Blizzard will absolutely ensure that it is the highest output talent. They love this spell. The only hope is that it isn't so far ahead of the other options that choosing anything else is "wrong".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    Blizzard will absolutely ensure that it is the highest output talent. They love this spell. The only hope is that it isn't so far ahead of the other options that choosing anything else is "wrong".
    The fact that you 'need' to choose certain talents to support it makes it kinda fine to be best at patchwerk ST. GA is a pretty strong burst cleave/aoe which differs from BoS's intended use. That Obliteration though, just completely, absolutely, 100% pure rubbish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking the WoWhead, Crystalline swords no longer appear and periodically pierce enemies but now periodically triggered by auto attacks and pierce. A QoL improvement, better clarity in terms of how ability works but this does not change it from being hypekiller imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Build 21691

Pillar of Frost now increases Frost dmg by %6 instead of affecting attackers with chains of Ice.

I am sad with this change. We lost another interesting utility, for a flat damage increase. This change has no impact on play, but has a striking balance concern:

Hungering Rune Weapon

Talent sits in the same row with PoF talents and other's have a distinct synergy with the new trait. This pushes Hungering Rune Weapon deeper into BoS specific talent but trait has a strong synergy with BoS therefore creates Higher advantage for Icecap/Avahlance.

I really like this trait rework "Your Pillar of Frost also increases Frost damage dealt by 6%." hated the old trait, and we had way too many defensive traits.

It pales a bit in comparison to "cold as ice" that increases all frost damage by 3/6/10 % though.
    Last edited by Troejg; 2016-05-10 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Another "flat increase damage" trait... ¬¬

Looks like devs have no idea of what to do with this spec. Almost all we have are all passive, RNG or "smash AOE" talents and traits, and the same doubt about if we finally will scale well or not (reasonable doubt, the core system of the spec is the same).

Poor work, in my modest opinion, what is made to our spec so far. It's hard to understand that so much work in revamp Unholy (a spec who has pretty good and stable perfomance in wod, and options to be easy with NP and engaging with BoS) and this forsake and abandonment that Frost is being receiving.

Despite the final numbers (I do not expect much) Frost has, in this moment, the same interest as a doc about the social behavior of an amoeba.
    Last edited by mmoc0f00c6a0c1; 2016-05-11 at 10:36 AM.

Most depressing thing?

Due to artifact power requirement i probably wont even level as frost. Because from the looks of it Unholy works better for the fights available for the First Tier AND looks to have better functioning mechanics.

Hopefully this changes for Frost, but it sucks that I wont even atleast be able to enjoy lvling as my prefered spec.

Its blatantly obvious that they want frost to be the PVP spec and don't intent to put much effort into making it a decent PVE spec. The sad part is that since unholy is their focus, it will likely be better in PVP too. In Blizzard's eyes, Death Knight = UNHOLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    Its blatantly obvious that they want frost to be the PVP spec and don't intent to put much effort into making it a decent PVE spec. The sad part is that since unholy is their focus, it will likely be better in PVP too. In Blizzard's eyes, Death Knight = UNHOLY.
    lets be honest here, there is very little theme left in frost that correlates to the traditional ideology of a Death Knight.

If Death Coil Did cleave dmg (aka Howling blast) would there even be a reason to have frost around?

Unholy having Corpse Sheild (Burst counter/recover)
    Abomination Chain Grip
    necrotic Wound
    Asphyxiate

make it the obvious choice for PvP, while Frost will probably have enough front loaded dmg to make it the BG spec (not RBG but "BG") ya know the place where you can top dmg/healing easily as a DK and 1 v 3 people, the place were 3-4 DPS cant kill a single healer, this is the atmosphere for which Frost will/can shine.
    Frost has front loaded dmg and seven different ways to snare someone perfect for killing plebs.

Remember when they said Soul Reaper was added in to compensate for the execute talents DKs lost (which was only available to frost DKs) but then soul reaper only did shadow dmg and FDKs complained for an entire Expac before it was changed to Shadowfrost in WoD. Yeah... its those situations that let you know which specs have a special place in blizzards heart and which specs kinda just get enough to not starve.

Damn im bitter lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Damn im bitter lol
    I believe every FDK is a little bitter, as long as pve is concerned...If you take a look at what we endured in WoD, and how 90% of atenttion has gotten into unholy, again, itsnt hard imagine we gonna take the backseat again...

Quote Originally Posted by Troejg View Post
    I really like this trait rework "Your Pillar of Frost also increases Frost damage dealt by 6%." hated the old trait, and we had way too many defensive traits.

It pales a bit in comparison to "cold as ice" that increases all frost damage by 3/6/10 % though.
    Agree, I'll take a flat damage increase over the old trait. At the same though I get the slight disappointment for its another boring "take this and you will do more damage!" .

Would have prefered if "frozen Core" simply did the old SoO 4 pc bonus.

while Pillar of Frost is active all your special abilities will impale targets for 15-20% of atk pwr as frost dmg.

dont like so many boring increase dmg by x-y% traits (theres more interesting ways to give those bonuses without it being bland).

even then Crytsalline swords trait would have been better if it was just : Summons the enraged Spirit of Frostmourne to fight beside you for 10 seconds copying your attacks at 50% of normal dmg (yes i know DRW clone but COME ON!)

In regards to to Shattering Strikes, does the frost strike get the bonus from razorice debuff and the 50% bonus, or is it just the 50%? Wording on the talent seems a bit vague. Also does the 'Bad to the Bone' trait effect both the weapon damage and the debuff or just the debuff.
    Last edited by Gathed; 2016-05-11 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have prefered if "frozen Core" simply did the old SoO 4 pc bonus.

while Pillar of Frost is active all your special abilities will impale targets for 15-20% of atk pwr as frost dmg.

dont like so many boring increase dmg by x-y% traits (theres more interesting ways to give those bonuses without it being bland).

even then Crytsalline swords trait would have been better if it was just : Summons the enraged Spirit of Frostmourne to fight beside you for 10 seconds copying your attacks at 50% of normal dmg (yes i know DRW clone but COME ON!)
    Ironic that Dancing Rune Weapon was the ability that cringed me most and in an Expansion that I decided to go Frost they implemented a similar version to Frost

We have a soul trait, soulbiter, yet no soul related abilities.

Deleted
    Any idea about Crystaline Swords will be better than the current one...

Here comes another:

Merge both weapons into a virtual Frostmourne for about 8-10 seconds letting us swing with it and transform Obliterate into a real obliterating hability while letting the rest of stuff as they are.

Frostmourne Obliteration: something like this (Main hand Obl dmg + Off hand Obl dmg) * some XX% and be Frost dmg all joint in the same big hit.

Would be a bit more dynamic way to increase our dps, a single target oriented hability (we have too much AOE), a way to scale better and a nice blink for all those 2 hander lovers.

Just an idea, and easy to implement (Frostmourne model is already done, just add a "frosty" shinning effect).
    Last edited by mmoc0f00c6a0c1; 2016-05-11 at 11:05 AM.

I would settle for a cosmetic glyph that simply gave me a high-res 2hnd Frostmourne model whenever i used pillar of Frost (along with subsequent 2h weapon animations copy warriors idc).

From what ive seen i dont even intend to play Frost at all other than collect the the artifact skins "just cause"

The Legion preview thread needs to be changed to Unholy talk. Blood and Frost suck so much they aren't worth talking about. Perhaps the folks in this thread actually play the damn spec. Tired of hearing about Unholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholyunholy sans 1 or 2 posts per page for blood or frost.

I would settle for a cosmetic glyph that simply gave me a high-res 2hnd Frostmourne model whenever i used pillar of Frost (along with subsequent 2h weapon animations copy warriors idc).

From what ive seen i dont even intend to play Frost at all other than collect the the artifact skins "just cause"
    That is not a bad idea, something to appease the 2H frost crowd,something purely cosmetic.