10+ Year Old Account

[PvP]Boomchicken What the hell am I doing wrong?

So Pretty much every class I fight annihilates me 1v1, And I don't know why. Even with CD's pop'd and following a pvp "rotation" I sill get my ass poped. heres my bnet link its embarssing but maybe you guys could point a few things out. Pluto. Also how the hell do you successfully play boomy when melee beat your face in in .2 seconds?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

I'm by no means a good PvP player specially Arena is something I hate to play as boomy as long as stunlocks are as easy to hit as they are now.

So just a few things that I noticed .. you have the same trinket twice meaning you dont get the Set bonus of the PvP trinkets I think its like 15% less dmg from Players atm?
    Choice of talents might be something. (Should be get approval of a better PvP player tho) But I like to have Force of Nature for PvP because of the instant roots and synergy with the PvP set. Also I like Typhoon over FS to get rid of bugs.. erm i mean rogues. Aand maybe also Renewal instead of YG to have the life boost. But take those with a grain of salt like I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    I'm by no means a good PvP player specially Arena is something I hate to play as boomy as long as stunlocks are as easy to hit as they are now.

So just a few things that I noticed .. you have the same trinket twice meaning you dont get the Set bonus of the PvP trinkets I think its like 15% less dmg from Players atm?
    Choice of talents might be something. (Should be get approval of a better PvP player tho) But I like to have Force of Nature for PvP because of the instant roots and synergy with the PvP set. Also I like Typhoon over FS to get rid of bugs.. erm i mean rogues. Aand maybe also Renewal instead of YG to have the life boost. But take those with a grain of salt like I said.
    It says in game I still get the 15% reduction. I tried rolling around with double stam trinkets and I hung in the fight a little longer. Im not sure about FoN. I think damage breaks the root, ill have to look into that one.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    why the hell would you play with 2 insignias

that's stupid

either get the proc trinket or the on use versatility thing

Take the time to read your talents and abilities. You have many tools to keep yourself alive. Don't underestimate your self healing and damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a big weak aura for owlkin frenzy. Melee auto attack you? Here have a free instant starfire.

People underestimate positioning in pvp. stay at max range from the guy you're DPSing, don't wait for them to be sat on your face before you think about moving away.

1v1 isn't really a boomkins strength. That said with CDs we have amazing burst. (Triple instant SS) but in BGs most of your damage will come from DOTs and starfall. Using pvp set bonus, and casting roots on melee gives you alot of starsurge charges allowing you to keep really high starfall uptime.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Practise makes perfect, do more PvP's/BG's/Arenas, learn from your mistakes, dudubombom mabe is not a good choice to go face to face, but still it can rape someones ass. Despite all that you need to know what other classes can do agains you, so you could counter them. If enemy is glue'd to you, make some distance, roots/cyclone/slow/dispace beast, rejuvenation must be rolling all the time if you taking damage. Dont forget that you are a dot time class, your dots must be roling all the time on enemy, and spam your starsurge on main target, dont waste time on starfire or sunfire unles you have free space and no one is killing you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what it sounds like, you're expecting to just pop cooldowns, triple starsurge and one shot someone.

First of all, you have 2 insignias. One is even a crit one, which is one of your worst stats. Having 2 insignias is awful, especially when one is crit. Your itemization isn't very good, either. Look on the ladder for the pieces you should have.

Replace the Moonwarding glyph for Entangling Roots cast reduction. You're enchanting haste, so you should be getting A LOT of CC off, especially with that root glyph. Use your cc wisely, for example use root on a feral when they've incarned and you've got their kick then instantly cast clone (they'll powershift the root, which means they can't use the GCD to stun your clone). The CC is your strong point here. If you really can't root people for whatever reason, try force of nature, but you really need to learn how to root, as it'll also give you more procs from the set bonus. You should also try running bash, too, for 1v1s. Faerie swarm is also REALLY useful when dueling melee. Melee don't "kill you in 0.2 seconds" at all if you know how to use your abilities.

From what you said, it does really sound like you do expect to just do a "rotation" and kill people. That's not how it works, especially as a caster. You need to make the most out of your kit. There's probably a lot you're doing wrong, just look on YouTube or something to see how people duel as it.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-18 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    From what it sounds like, you're expecting to just pop cooldowns, triple starsurge and one shot someone.

First of all, you have 2 insignias. One is even a crit one, which is one of your worst stats. Having 2 insignias is awful, especially when one is crit. Your itemization isn't very good, either. Look on the ladder for the pieces you should have.

Replace the Moonwarding glyph for Entangling Roots cast reduction. You're enchanting haste, so you should be getting A LOT of CC off, especially with that root glyph. Use your cc wisely, for example use root on a feral then instantly cast clone (they'll powershift the root, which means they can't use the GCD to kick your clone). The CC is your strong point here. If you really can't root people for whatever reason, try force of nature, but you really need to learn how to root, as it'll also give you more procs from the set bonus. You should also try running bash, too, for 1v1s. Faerie swarm is also REALLY useful when dueling melee. Melee don't "kill you in 0.2 seconds" at all if you know how to use your abilities.

From what you said, it does really sound like you do expect to just do a "rotation" and kill people. That's not how it works, especially as a caster. You need to make the most out of your kit. There's probably a lot you're doing wrong, just look on YouTube or something to see how people duel as it.
    Crit being one of the worst stats for a boomkin? wauw?

But as he says, get rid of that spirit insignia, replace it with trinkets which got vers on use and macro it in with ur CD's.

What krassz says about root is correct, rooting melees is really a pain in the ass for them, but what he says about a feral druid powershifting and being unable to skull bash u is false. A feral druid u will try to root from a long distance and the throw a clone. Really try use ur roots and clones when the opponent is using their CD's.

For glyphs I suggest Cyclone, Entangling roots and barkskin.
    and switch ur talents depending on what u are fighting. if u are up against a rogue, go for improved FF. But bash in 1v1 and 2s are often very strong unless u are in 2s and ur partner also got alot of hard stuns. against a caster I will suggest instant root, and combine it with solarbeam.

If u come from pve as boomkin and think, pff vers is a shitty stat, then forget about that. Vers is really strong for a boomkin in pvp, så try get some gear with it.

Keep reju up on urself at all times, it is a strong self heal over time. in 1v1 I pref go with renewel talent, but in most cases I go with Cenarion Ward.

Natur's Vigil. Use that shit, and use it with CD's. U will more or less become unkillable while it is up with ur CD's.

When in a fight and u feel like u have to cast cyclone asap, try make ur opponent interrupt a starfire, so u know their interrupt is on CD, then u can free cast cyclone, or get out of melee range and root, then clone.

And what they say about boomkins not being good in 1v1? Their are really wrong. Boomkins are strong in 1v1, they are a little harder to play if they survive ur burst, but all the utility and CC u have and self heals make u really strong in 1v1 if done correct, but it is easy to fuck up!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    Crit being one of the worst stats for a boomkin? wauw?

But as he says, get rid of that spirit insignia, replace it with trinkets which got vers on use and macro it in with ur CD's.

What krassz says about root is correct, rooting melees is really a pain in the ass for them, but what he says about a feral druid powershifting and being unable to skull bash u is false. A feral druid u will try to root from a long distance and the throw a clone. Really try use ur roots and clones when the opponent is using their CD's.

For glyphs I suggest Cyclone, Entangling roots and barkskin.
    and switch ur talents depending on what u are fighting. if u are up against a rogue, go for improved FF. But bash in 1v1 and 2s are often very strong unless u are in 2s and ur partner also got alot of hard stuns. against a caster I will suggest instant root, and combine it with solarbeam.

If u come from pve as boomkin and think, pff vers is a shitty stat, then forget about that. Vers is really strong for a boomkin in pvp, så try get some gear with it.

Keep reju up on urself at all times, it is a strong self heal over time. in 1v1 I pref go with renewel talent, but in most cases I go with Cenarion Ward.

Natur's Vigil. Use that shit, and use it with CD's. U will more or less become unkillable while it is up with ur CD's.

When in a fight and u feel like u have to cast cyclone asap, try make ur opponent interrupt a starfire, so u know their interrupt is on CD, then u can free cast cyclone, or get out of melee range and root, then clone.

And what they say about boomkins not being good in 1v1? Their are really wrong. Boomkins are strong in 1v1, they are a little harder to play if they survive ur burst, but all the utility and CC u have and self heals make u really strong in 1v1 if done correct, but it is easy to fuck up!
    I meant stun, not kick. My bad. It was meant towards getting a clone off against a feral with incarn up once you get their kick, you can take advantage of that GCD to get a clone off so you don't get hit by the retarded incarn rake.

Crit is awful. Besides the fact you don't only proc starsurges off of crits anymore, they also nerfed crit damage in PvP. Haste/Mastery are your top 2 options, then vers. Maybe higher prio for vers/haste if you're just dueling.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-18 at 12:26 PM.

Shooting Stars
    Requires Druid (Balance)
    Requires level 26
    You have a 5% chance when your most recent Moonfire or Sunfire deals damage over time to trigger Shooting Stars. Chance doubled on critical strikes.

Shooting Stars restores 1 charge of Starsurge and Starfall.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Shooting Stars
    Requires Druid (Balance)
    Requires level 26
    You have a 5% chance when your most recent Moonfire or Sunfire deals damage over time to trigger Shooting Stars. Chance doubled on critical strikes.

Shooting Stars restores 1 charge of Starsurge and Starfall.
    That was my point. You proc off ticks and a double chance on crits. You also get procs from people getting out of your roots with 2-set PvP. You no longer rely on crit.

In PvP the crit is never worth it. Crit damage is nerfed in PvP, haste will give you faster CC casts as well as GCD reduction and more dot ticks (more procs) so it vastly outweighs the crit. Once you optimize your gear for haste with root glyph you can get roots cast to under 1 second, and Cyclone to about 1.35 seconds.

In PvP you either go mastery/haste, then vers is the next useful. So yes, crit is a bad stat. I know it's not the case with PvE but this is regarding PvP.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-18 at 12:50 PM.

I'm just starting to pvp as Boom and struggled a bit at first because I was playing how I play my warlock, which is far tankier and has fear bombs and different outs than Druids do. Starting to get the handle of it, still struggling because my gear isn't so great but getting there.

I'm stacking Vers a little bit more by design because I think it'll help smooth out the learning curve for me as I gear and get more used to the tricks and techniques of Boom pvp. Those offset 740 Mast/Vers pieces and the Insignia with Vers have me at almost 12% Vers with lots more upgrades to get so it'll be interesting to see how it goes though I'm a little concerned that things might play different between a heavy Vers gearset and a heavy Haste one, auto including Mastery as being stacked with either of those other two stats.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.