Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Is there a caster who can perform well vs both: melee and ranged in 1vs1 fights?
    Affliction Warlock is very powerful vs ranged but sucks vs melees, while frost Mage is great vs melees and not that great vs casters and Hunters.
    Do you think Moonkin or Fire Mage would be the best option? What about Demonology Warlock?
    shadow priest.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I'm a little surprised people answered anything BUT boomkin..
    Mages are pretty sick for duels, especially fire.

Deleted
    I'd say Frost Mage, but I don't really know that much about 1v1s.
    Other than that, Boomkin.

Deleted
    How are WW Monks? I heard people say, that they were the best for 1on1 in MoP. What happened to them?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    How are WW Monks? I heard people say, that they were the best for 1on1 in MoP. What happened to them?
    A new expansion happened.

They're still decent, far from the best.

Fire mage, boom boom 300k pyro outta nowhere boom boom.

Like most ppl say, boomkin affliction. Shadows are decent IF they are AS instead of CoP. More dmg on the run, better selfheal due to orbs on crits, and of course if you stack crit this also means you get more heals from flashheals aswell, if you can pop some off incase you get a breather. CoP simply does not have this, due to stacking mastery and that leaves alot of the strength of their general spells untouched. As long as you play AS with close to 50% crit and you know how to play defensive, its possible to do very well in almost any situation.

Shadow Priest... I rarely lose to anyone

Deleted
    Destro Lock with Charred Remains. I run with two stamina trinkets, PVP ilevel like 733 and got over 800k HP. It's ridiculous.

Deleted
    I see the word "best" is used loosely in this thread.

Shadow priest? Hahaha, really? If you beat any dk, rogue, ww monk or affliction lock, those guys must be retarded or undergeared.
    Boomkin? Goodluck with rogues, ferals and aff locks.
    Destro lock? You may not go down easily, but you won't beat any melee with functional brain and gear.

Right now the best caster for 1v1 is survival/BM hunter but only if you have los. While a hunter shouldn't have major problems facing any melee, hunters fall short when fighting other ranged simply because they can't kite other ranged classes and their burst and survivability is inferior to most other ranged specs save mage.

As a hunter there is no way in hell you can ever beat a boomkin or affliction lock, you are basically hard countered by these guys and even los will not help you. In open ground you can't beat any other ranged class except mage BUT if you have access to los (pillars, buildings, hills, anything) you can easily beat them by putting your dots/pet on them and losing as they slowly rot. If nothing works...well...you can always run away, something which other ranged specs can't do.

I find warlocks to be very frustrating to play in bgs as you basically have no way to get away if you somehow find yourself in the front line or you are jumped by multiple melee, which tends to happen quite a lot in bgs.
    Last edited by mmoc1ccafd3aee; 2016-04-30 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Right now the best caster for 1v1 is survival/BM hunter
    Hunter =/= Caster.

Boomkin? Goodluck with rogues, ferals and aff locks.
    Boomkins should have zero issues with Affliction Locks as they can actually heal. Druids as a class basically hardcounter Rogues as well (FF needs to be removed, still) -- Not sure how Feral fares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Boomkins should have zero issues with Affliction Locks as they can actually heal. Druids as a class basically hardcounter Rogues as well (FF needs to be removed, still) -- Not sure how Feral fares.
    Affliction locks specced heavily into drain life (talents and glyphs) are unkilllable 1v1 vs. any ranged class. Once they put their dots up, they spam drain life and heal like bitches, you can only kill them with heavy interrupts and big burst, things are usually only doable by melee, as they can just spam fear and drain life when fighting ranged specs.

That's why affliction lock is the best ranged spec for fighting other ranged specs in 1v1, but sadly it falls short when fighting melee.

Affliction locks specced heavily into drain life (talents and glyphs) are unkilllable 1v1 vs. any ranged class. Once they put their dots up, they spam drain life and heal like bitches, you can only kill them with heavy interrupts and big burst, things are usually only doable by melee, as they can just spam fear and drain life when fighting ranged specs.

That's why affliction lock is the best ranged spec for fighting other ranged specs in 1v1, but sadly it falls short when fighting melee.
    Boomkin has pretty insane burst and a shit-load of heals, they also have a silence albiet not great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    I'd say Frost Mage, but I don't really know that much about 1v1s.
    Other than that, Boomkins are pretty broken.
    fixed for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Boomkin has pretty insane burst and a shit-load of heals, they also have a silence albiet not great.
    Burst which is easily countered by fear and/or sac shield or their other cd that also also make them immune to interrupts. The boomkin can only burst if he put the lock in roots+beam, otherwise the lock will fear and bb burst, and if the lock is good, he will keep trinket for roots+beam. Also, if the boomkin heals, he's not damaging the lock and the lock is just draining back to full while the druid heal himself.

No, it doesn't work, I played affliction lock at max level and gear for a couple of months, I'm telling you that in 1v1 against other ranged specs, I was invincible. I only dumped the lock because it was shit vs. melee, and there are tons of melee this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stealth out, Starsurge, Starsurge, bear bash > trinket > cyclone, starsurge, starsurge, dead.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure it again all comes down to your knowledge on how to counter each classes with your caster. I Cant really point out a specific class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Stealth out, Starsurge, Starsurge, bear bash > trinket > cyclone, starsurge, starsurge, dead.
    Lol, that's how you do it if the lock has no cds whatsoever and is also undergeared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Fire mage, boom boom 300k pyro outta nowhere boom boom.
    I saw some Hansol duels and this guy is like unbeatable with his Fire Mage ... He can kill every class/spec in the game and barely loose to anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I saw some Hansol duels and this guy is like unbeatable with his Fire Mage ... He can kill every class/spec in the game and barely loose to anyone.
    Yeah, keyboard athlete vs. average-good players. Gee, anyone could probably do it.