10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.

Sell Transmog Now or At Legion Launch?

Would it be a good idea to sell all my transmog greens now or during Legion Launch?
    I'm unsure, but I think I'll get a lot more revenue (and can bump up the prices due to demand) at Legion Launch / prepatch because of the new Transmog collection UI.

More demand I feel yes, but the supply may well increase hugely too.
    I would try to sell them very early on, unless it is a rarer item which could hold value.
    It is my belief that the auction house is going to get flooded with random greens and well any colour for that matter as a result of the feature.
    Particularly with appearances which players are getting from quest rewards.

Perhaps try to sell sets of items through trade to increase their desirability.
    Or at least complimentary items.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-12 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think that demand will skyrocket. Look at pets: before the introduction of unified pet interface, they were popular only within the small circle of collectors. Now it's a huge market. Probably, tho, it will shift prices. I suspect non-valuable and very cheap will rise in price, mid-level will drop and rare will rise. But I wouldn't bet my gold on it Just my speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Thanks, yeah. It's what I mostly thought. I didn't think about how they'll be flooded though. That just means a lot more competition maybe. Maybe the prices will go down. I have literally two guild banks full of expensive greens I've collected and have been selling during WoD.

I think the addition of the feature plus addons will make demand skyrocket.

Check out Legion Wardrobe a few threads down, when everyone in the game has this or the Blizz implementation of wardrobe, where you can see exactly what you have , what you don't have, and where to find what you don't have, everyone will be buying, IMO.

A time consuming process, but I would check as many of those items as you can on wowhead.
    Currently many items are sellable only because quest rewards with a similar look have since been discarded/destroyed.
    With the wardrobe feature, many items since lost will be contributing towards the collection.
    Such items which do share appearances with quest rewards should be sold off now, rather than later when their value is going to tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Reasonable odds that the wardrobe will be part of the pre-patch, so the market will probably shift then and again at launch (assuming that more people will be playing at launch than at pre-patch.