Starting to look like the true end of the Vita

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/110291/so...nederland.html

The above article is in Dutch, but the gist of it is, people have been asking stores in the Netherlands about the Vita due to low stock, and they have said there isn't any stock and won't be anymore, with the country's biggest online retailer Bol.com has only two units left and is saying it's at the end of its life.

Vita is alive and well in Japan and will continue to get localized Japanese games in the west for another 2 years probably as well. Not sure how the netherlands is proof of anything, it's like saying the Xbox One is dead because it's non existent in Japan. Vita was obviously a failure for Sony, but Japanese 3rd parties are definitely keeping it alive for quite a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sony ever completely dropped support for manufacturing the system and truly had no plans for a successor anytime soon, it would be pretty awesome if they handed over the manufacturing of the system to another 3rd party company to keep it alive and still get a cut of the profits from it, kind of like what Sega did with the Game Gear in the late 90s, but odds of that happening are pretty nilche.

Target in Australia is currently selling any Vita's that are in store (so probably the very regional stores) for a buck.

So, not looking great.

It's sad, because it's pretty much my favorite piece of handheld hardware. I've already got a nice library for mine, hopefully it doesn't die anytime soon.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://tweakers.net/nieuws/110291/so...nederland.html

The above article is in Dutch, but the gist of it is, people have been asking stores in the Netherlands about the Vita due to low stock, and they have said there isn't any stock and won't be anymore, with the country's biggest online retailer Bol.com has only two units left and is saying it's at the end of its life.
    I own a Vita myself and I I always buy the games digital these day or i get them from Play asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo's next handheld will most likely kill it tbh since Sony has no retort this time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!