Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    disappointing to hear, I thought the trailer was good, but might have shown that one and only chase scene in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I look forward to disneys next minority character.

A gender neutral alien called Z
    Nonsense, Disney would never do political pandering!

Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Oh...
    Yeah its like they want to turn every film into a cultural phenomenon that breaks barriers! And makes 2 billion dollars instead of 1 billion.

its gross, just focus on telling good stories. If you want a gay character, ask yourself why is he gay? Does it help the story im trying to tell? Or do I want SJW brownie points?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaom View Post
    She was good in Terminator Genysis
    You're kidding right? They canned the films because they were so poorly received. She helped make a terminator film not successful, thats impressive.

Yeah its like they want to turn every film into a cultural phenomenon that breaks barriers! And makes 2 billion dollars instead of 1 billion.

its gross, just focus on telling good stories. If you want a gay character, ask yourself why is he gay? Does it help the story im trying to tell? Or do I want SJW brownie points?

- - - Updated - - -

You're kidding right? They canned the films because they were so poorly received. She helped make a terminator film not successful, thats impressive.
    They canned the monster movies because the mummy flopped(I thought it was good). Does that make Tom cruise and Russell Crowe bad actors all of a sudden?

They canned the monster movies because the mummy flopped(I thought it was good). Does that make Tom cruise and Russell Crowe bad actors all of a sudden?
    Well Tom cruise did help it flop by insisting that he got writing credits for the film before accepting the role. Funny we got a lot of scenes with him in it and not much of the actual mummy.

But yes I agree with your point that its not just up to actors to carry a movie, the directing and writing is far more important.

But come on man, she was stiff in that film.

She had a better performance in Me before you. Shes better playing a charming goofy, eye brow raising mess. Rather than a bad ass who can hold a grown man over a bridge.

7+ Year Old Account
    First star wars movie I am not seeing in theater. episode 7 was fine for me. rogue one was eehhhhh, and episode 8 was an atrocity.

I only hope episode 9 can redeem the brand.

Ever since disney took over, it hasn't looked good. And full of horribly inserted SJW things.

Oh fair play, I thought they really were like that. Most youtubers are so over the top theres no line anymore.
    I came at it from the opposite angle. I never knew people actually acted like that... some of the stuff they parodied was just about beat for beat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    First star wars movie I am not seeing in theater. episode 7 was fine for me. rogue one was eehhhhh, and episode 8 was an atrocity.

I only hope episode 9 can redeem the brand.

Ever since disney took over, it hasn't looked good. And full of horribly inserted SJW things.
    Rogue One was good, could have been better but was alright for a stand-alone movie. The huge battle at the end was superb n darth vader owning everyone..K2S0 is my favorite android of all time on screen (but that's only because Chopper has given so little screen-time..)
    I see movie now n then, I can't force myself to see ep 7-8...they are too cringy

Ep.9 has director Jar Jar Abrams returning so I wouldn't hold up hope...

Maybe, just maybe Obi-Wan Kenobi can be good...but that hinges on if people respond negatively to Solo n choose not to go to the cinema.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-05-20 at 05:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Rogue One was good, could have been better but was alright for a stand-alone movie. The huge battle at the end was superb n darth vader owning everyone..K2S0 is my favorite android of all time on screen (but that's only because Chopper has given so little screen-time..)
    I see movie now n then, I can't force myself to see ep 7-8...they are too cringy

Ep.9 has director Jar Jar Abrams returning so I wouldn't hold up hope...

Maybe, just maybe Obi-Wan Kenobi can be good...but that hinges on if people respond negatively to Solo n choose not to go to the cinema.
    Rogue one end battle was decent, and I did like Vadar.

But the main cast was forgettable and boring. Plus the end scene could have been done extremely better instead of the stupid save by the guy who should have died then a romantic view next to the sunset...of the planet blowing up.

As for JJ Abrams, despite 7's faults, it still felt like a Star Wars movie. It just was extremely safe. If anything, I saw it as Disney going "Hey, we can do Star Wars." It had a good mix of humor, action, and some sad / drama.

8 felt like a goofy marvel movie. I don't hate marvel, but I was expecting 8 to be gritty and perhaps dark, due to the trailers being set up in a very misleading way. I couldn't take 8 seriously because every scene had some stupid punch line.
    Last edited by BuckSparkles; 2018-05-20 at 06:31 AM.

I'd rather stick a rusty nail through my genitals than give Di$ney any more of my money for their SJW dribble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Rogue one end battle was decent
    decent? None better, played like a pacific-space war movie. No other star wars movie comes close to how much action was in it. Space battle, ground war and how they both connected.

But the main cast was forgettable and boring. Plus the end scene could have been done extremely better instead of the stupid save by the guy who should have died then a romantic view next to the sunset...of the planet blowing up.
    Like I said, it could have been better with more back-story on jyn erso and especially saw gerrera that needed a lot more screen time

Nothing wrong with the end, we knew they were going to die going in, so what's wrong with them finding something of worth at the end of their lives? U got Vader kicking ass, so it should be illegal to complain about end of the movie

As for JJ Abrams, despite 7's faults, it still felt like a Star Wars movie. It just was extremely safe. If anything, I saw it as Disney going "Hey, we can do Star Wars." It had a good mix of humor, action, and some sad / drama.
    jj got the part, again, because previous director quit and nobody wanted to take on the mess after ep8...which felt like an end to trilogy..jj will just do return of the jedi again but with mary sue instead...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-05-20 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Being pansexual seems quite in character for Lando, he probably had sex with Millenium Falcon.
    Come on we all know what this movie's Lando was based on.

Ripping off a rip off that's ripped off your series.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh...
    Thats not Disney though. Thats literally the galaxy that Lucas created and how its been even before Disney took over the canon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thats not Disney though. Thats literally the galaxy that Lucas created and how its been even before Disney took over the canon.
    But Disney is clearly using that galaxy to drive their political agenda.

She was good in Terminator Genysis
    I must've seen a different movie then...

This is the first star war movies i aint going to (and no its got nothing to with Lando wanting to fuck whatever) its the sheer fact i honestly dont care and i know the consequences of the movie is meaningless cause i know how it ends.

I honestly think this will be the first splutter in the Star Wars machine and its because the movie has no real consequence to the star wars story.

I know people at work who have no interest in seeing it and i even made a joke to my dad when i saw the trailer how Han Solo doesnt die in the end.

Infinity war and Deadpool 2 is now still in the cinema and it will be interesting to see how this will stack up against those 2 though i wouldnt be surprised if kids buy tickets for Solo just so they can sneak into Deadpool 2!!

Deleted

Oh...
    Okay,

Then why is the only 'diversity' in this vast galaxy found in the human characters?

Why are all the Wookies and droids male?

Why is every lead a white human female and not Twi'lek?

Why isn't there a movie with a transgender droid in the lead?

I'll always delight in the irony of applying identity and gender politics to fictional universes that have sentient beings besides humans, and then fail to show diversity in said non-human groups.
    They're so full of shit.

Edit: he forgot lesbian, bi and trans,
    noob.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-05-20 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Okay,

Then why is the only 'diversity' in this vast galaxy found in the human characters?

Why are all the Wookies and droids male?

Why is every lead a white human female and not Twi'lek?

Why isn't there a movie with a transgender droid in the lead?

I'll always delight in the irony of applying identity and gender politics to fictional universes that have sentient beings besides humans, and then fail to show diversity in said non-human groups.
    They're so full of shit.

Edit: he forgot lesbian, bi and trans,
    noob.
    Yeah like how they removed finn the black character from the posters for the force awakens for marketing in China.

Pandering's ok, as long as it doesnt cost you money then sorry minority groups you are out of luck.

Why even care about minor side characters?

Good question is: Will Disney make main character not "normie"? No, they won't for reasons quite obvious.

So all this "this character is black and this character is gay" is just a way to cash in on said minorities not to make a stand for something important (as they like to portray them self).

It's all just huge hypocrisy.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Why even care about minor side characters?
    Because we don't care about fake-Han?