Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I'm already royally fucked. Haven't burshed my teeth in like 10 years, haven't been to a dentist in about 12, and I can already feel the cracks and missing pieces of my molars with my tongue. Food gets stuck in there like wool clothes on a barbed wire.

7+ Year Old Account
    My teeth are not perfect, but despite my somewhat unadvised brushing habits, (MAJOR clean every few days, including thorough brushing, flossing, and mouth wash) my dentist thinks I am very good at keeping my teeth clean.

They think I do all that every day, little do they know >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Brushing and flossing won't help you with the wisdom teeth. For that you'd need an improved set of jaws.
    Well thats true, but there was other stuff going on that regular maintenance would help with.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    I brush at least twice a day, and use Listerine. I've never been able to get the hang of flossing, and I just said f it. haven't tried in years. I haven't been to a dentist in about 18 years.

As for my wisdom teeth:

Upper left: part of it cut through the gum years ago, and stopped. no change for at least a decade.

Upper right: same as upper left, except that part ended up breaking off and hurting like a b-tch. doused it in clove oil for a few days, stopped hurting. i religiously brush the dent where it was. same as above this happened years ago and no change since then.

bottom right: fully emerged slightly at an angle towards the tooth in front of it, most of it poking well above that tooth, no change in years

bottom left: This was the fcking doozy. emerged at a greater angle than the lower right one, putting pressure on the tooth in front of it. Special attention to them when brushing, as well as liberal does of clove oil took care of the pain. Woke up one morning and found them both on my bed. Apparently during the night, they BOTH broke off even with the gum line. I pay special attention to that area when brushing ever since. No change in 7 years.

Clove oil is the sh-t for tooth pain. Google it, trust me.

I'm not suggesting anyone do what I did. I'm just saying it's possible to avoid going to dentists. if you're willing to take care of things yourself.

Plus, the teeth being in the back, the various changes to them haven't altered my appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    it's been 38 years now since I've seen a dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I brush at least twice a day, and use Listerine. I've never been able to get the hang of flossing, and I just said f it. haven't tried in years. I haven't been to a dentist in about 18 years.

As for my wisdom teeth:

Upper left: part of it cut through the gum years ago, and stopped. no change for at least a decade.

Upper right: same as upper left, except that part ended up breaking off and hurting like a b-tch. doused it in clove oil for a few days, stopped hurting. i religiously brush the dent where it was. same as above this happened years ago and no change since then.

bottom right: fully emerged slightly at an angle towards the tooth in front of it, most of it poking well above that tooth, no change in years

bottom left: This was the fcking doozy. emerged at a greater angle than the lower right one, putting pressure on the tooth in front of it. Special attention to them when brushing, as well as liberal does of clove oil took care of the pain. Woke up one morning and found them both on my bed. Apparently during the night, they BOTH broke off even with the gum line. I pay special attention to that area when brushing ever since. No change in 7 years.

Clove oil is the sh-t for tooth pain. Google it, trust me.

I'm not suggesting anyone do what I did. I'm just saying it's possible to avoid going to dentists. if you're willing to take care of things yourself.

Plus, the teeth being in the back, the various changes to them haven't altered my appearance.
    I like to use the little flosser sticks, I find them to much easier to use than the string. Oral-B Glide is my preferred brand.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Just got back from the dentist. Had 3 extractions, to 2 wisdom teeth, and partial molar. I havent been to the dentist in about 10 years.

So, kids, brush and floss and go to your annual cleanings, cause this BE LOWSSSS
    Brushing and flossing doesn't really do much for wisdom teeth but you should of course do it.

Apparently since they don't cause me pain, I don't need my wisdom teeth really yanked out, at least not right now. Teeth are screwed up anyway though so that's probably why there's room for them to pop out without pain.

Otherwise, just went for two fillings recently, still not pleasant at all. It's the worst feeling ever having people drill at your tooth for filaments/tooth dust to be flying all around your mouth. Hweugh.

Started using Listerine though at least, since they really insisted this time I should. Apparently I need to stop biting my cheeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Brushing and flossing doesn't really do much for wisdom teeth but you should of course do it.
    Yeh, for sure, I was there for 3 extractions, top 2 wisdoms, and then an old root canal tooth whose crown had fallen off and the base had rotted away. Thats the brush and floss message, and go to your annuals, so you dont have 4 visits worth or dental surgery to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Apparently since they don't cause me pain, I don't need my wisdom teeth really yanked out, at least not right now. Teeth are screwed up anyway though so that's probably why there's room for them to pop out without pain.
    My tops came in years ago with no pain or discomfort, the issue was that as they are harder to reach and brush well they are more prone to decay, that coupled with 10 years of no dentist visits adds up to bad teeth in the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Too late for me. 30k spent on my mouth...

Only good thing is I never had wisdom teeth. Probably related to the fact I was born without my back molars too
    Wisdom teeth can start growing in your 30s or beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Wisdom teeth can start growing in your 30s or beyond.
    well that would be interesting for wisdom teeth to suddenly develop but my back molars never did. Every dentist Ive seen has basically said that my wisdom teeth just dont exist.

But even if it was to happen, Ive got enough room due to said missing molars anyways.