Brewmaster miniHUD + some help needed with WeakAuras

Hey brewmasters, tanks, and gamers alike!

I've finally talked myself into developing a little UI kit for my monk (which seems more valuable now that we've learned it will last at least 3 months with the Legion date). This little set of frames, made with WeakAuras, is supposed to be a tool that displays most pertinent information near the center of your screen. I can't post pics, but it is the first picture in this album:

http://imgur.com/a/0qtYB
    (don't worry, the other pictures are relevant as well)

I'm pretty proud of this kit, and I obviously borrowed some code and ideas and settings from other miscellaneous sources. I'd be more than happy to share the import code with anyone who'd like it, or go into more depth explaining any of the elements.

However, the reason for this post is to ask for a bit of help with the health bar. I'm a huge fan of how Heroes of the Storm health bars work regarding absorbs, and I'd like to incorporate this concept and design into this kit. The remaining 4 pictures in the album posted above show off this concept pretty well. I'd love some feedback or import code to get my WeakAuras health bar to do the same.

Thanks for reading, even more thanks to those giving feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Deleted
    First of all i'm sorry if my gramma is not correct (english isn't my native language), but i hope you unterstood the description.

HP Bar with Absorb
    You need 4 identical Progressbars, but all of them with diffent functions.

The 1st Bar is the Border and Background bar. This bar is shown all time and get frame strata "Background".
    If you want to see a aura every time make a custom trigger with Status > Check on...: Every frame
    Trigger:
    Code:
    function()

return true;
    end
    Set BarColor Alpha to 100 (Scrollbar on bottom ), Select your Background Color and set Background Alpha to 0 (Scrollbar on top).
    To Add a border check "Border".
    Border Style: None
    Backdrop Style: Solide
    Border Offset: 13
    Border Size: 8
    Border Inset: 10
    BorderColor and Backdrop Color: Black and Alpha 0

Our 2nd bar is the HP-Bar. As soon as you have finished the 1st bar, right click on the Aura and duplicate them.
    Disable "Border", set frame strata to "Medium", change BarColor Alpha to 0 (select your favourit HP-Color as well) and BackgroundColor Alpha to 100.
    The trigger remains unchanged, but you have to add a custom Duration Info.
    Duration Info:
    Code:
    function()
        return UnitHealth("player"),UnitHealthMax("player"),true;
    end

The 3rd bar is much like the 2nd one, so duplicate them. Frame Strata "Low" and select your absorb Color at "Bar Color".
    Trigger again remains unchanged, you only have to add the amount of absorb in the Duration Info:
    Duration Info
    Code:
    function()
        return UnitHealth("player")+UnitGetTotalAbsorbs("player"),UnitHealthMax("player"),true;
    end

For the 4th bar you duplicate the 2nd one again. Frame Strata "High", Orientation "Left to Right".
    Select the same BarColor as for the 3rd one.
    Trigger:
    Code:
    function()    
        local isDisplay = false;

if UnitHealth("player")+UnitGetTotalAbsorbs("player") > UnitHealthMax("player") then
            isDisplay = true;
        else
            isDisplay = false;
        end

return isDisplay;
    end
    Duration Info:
    Code:
    function()
        return UnitGetTotalAbsorbs("player"),UnitHealthMax("player"),true;
    end
    If you done this your custom HP Bar like the HotS one is done!

While writing the description i've created this aura by myself, PasteBin-Link (cannot post links until now...So just create the link with this )
    pastebin(.)com/HMzPcL4q

And again...Sorry for the bad english
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-04-19 at 12:31 AM.

This is excellent! It's very well made and works great. I really appreciate it!

Hi Akyev,

Well done on the UI, it looks very clean, unobtrusive, but full of information that is vital.

If you do not mind I would love to import the package and play around with it as I get back into BM tanking.

Appreciate it!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll post some pastebins with the export code. It comes in 4 separate pieces, and includes the healthbar that NirmalaZdC helped build. I'm not sure if import/export retains screen position, but the healthbar is made to fit 15 units above the energy bar.

Brewmaster miniHUD:
    http://pastebin.com/UbUd3ZbU

Health bar (with absorbs):
    http://pastebin.com/dJuWsZDu

Chi (with Ascension):
    http://pastebin.com/ZPVaVD4v

Chi (without Ascension):
    http://pastebin.com/xw6hAi6E

The Chi groups will automatically activate/deactivate on their own. Just position them in the same place and it'll be all good. I hope you enjoy!

Deleted
    Hey. This seems awesome. I added the Guard as a value over the Guard icon.

My question is, could it be possible to actually get the right lick menu from normal target portrait to work for the HP bar? With little tweaks here and there for my taste this could easily be my new portrait frame.

Thanksf or this awesome WA

Deleted
    First: Thanks for the compliments and i'm happy that you like the WA!

My question is, could it be possible to actually get the right lick menu from normal target portrait to work for the HP bar? With little tweaks here and there for my taste this could easily be my new portrait frame.
    Not impossible but this requires a lot of code (witch uses a Library as well) and can cause a lot of (more or less critical) errors.
    A lot easier way is to simply adjust height/length and play around with the frame strata so the custom Bar overlays the original Bar i guess.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-04-20 at 03:52 PM.