Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Spring (2016) Quarterly Update

Really liking these changes so far. Love the free shared slot too!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...rterly-update/

Here are the patch notes...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-April-19-2016
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2016-04-19 at 05:06 PM.

I don't understand why all that exp and reward changes took half a year to get into the game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Everything I've read in previews makes me happy. I may fall back in love with the game, and even get some serious WvW action going on, if it plays out how it looks like it will.

I feel like some of these changes were "quick fixes" that they held back to pad their "quarterly update"

I completely forgot this game even existed...

oh they are changing fractal boss fights one at a time? Oh you mean like the dungeon reworks you all promised and only did 1 and that was it?

Yea ok Anet... I gotchu

Also, they added a customizable DPS testing zone in the Raid waiting area...

It's in the new Lion's Arch Aerodrome, northeast portal.

Looking at the balance changes Anet continues to fail at them. You going to still ignore guardians useless spirit weapons? Really? And you only changed mesmers scepter... again? ugh

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Looking at the balance changes Anet continues to fail at them. You going to still ignore guardians useless spirit weapons? Really? And you only changed mesmers scepter... again? ugh
    why change the rest of mesmers' weapons when they're already strong

the only weak one is scepter
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Pastebin mirror of the patch notes for the firewall-impaired.

I've barely been able to start picking through all this stuff. I'll log in to use the level 80 boost at the very least.

Full breakdown video of the boost.

At least waypoints aren't always contested, forcing you to spend ten minutes hiking across and up the jungle to get to an event.

Seems like they are on the road to fixing dungeons.

Finally got that much needed boost in the game; the game's using of traditional leveling zones really counter intuitive; now with the boost the game is pretty much an open-world adventure park. Play around in the old gaining hero points and unlocking skills, or go to the new world to grind out the latest gear and elite professions, and whichever one you choose you'll still earn mastery point and level up. I can now recommend the game to my friends!

10+ Year Old Account
    The 80 boost came unexpected to me. I'm struggling currently which class will get my love and this helps alot. Having thief, necro, warrior on 80 but nothing seems fun to me.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Man, everything in this update is what we had been asking for, stuff that should have been in HoT since launch....

Still waiting on Living World Season 3 though

I'm still waiting for ventari to not be ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The 80 boost came unexpected to me. I'm struggling currently which class will get my love and this helps alot. Having thief, necro, warrior on 80 but nothing seems fun to me.
    I've got 2+ of everything but Warrior, Thief, Engineer. I may make another warrior, but I dunno.

I love that they added more variety to the dailies, but why the hell they kept it at 4 options, ugh. It's just silly.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

It's literally stupid, half a year for the balance patch and revenants barely get any changes, ventari is still not good (why do 3x the work for half the potency of a druid or harold?) and mesmers changes are unneeded scepter buffs.

Anet is literally the worst at balancing.

Deleted
    I'm actually wanting to go check out Wvwvw after this patch :P
    However, haven't got much time atm.. enjoying Wildstar, playing Paladins on side and Overwatch incoming.
    Perhaps I check it out in the summer, will be interesting how the change to not getting XP works, if leveling in wvwvw will be possible or if it takes a really long time. If the change makes it take longer (because they want to sell boosts) I don't think it's worth it to return :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my first legendary and it's Ad Infinitum, fucking amazing backpiece and glider!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Fantastic changes to PvP; you now get awarded for niche accomplishments such as conditions removed from allies and healing your group, so I now have a damn good reason to actually play my healer build rather than the old "so you can have a chance of winning" cliche.