Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Just finished my first legendary and it's Ad Infinitum, fucking amazing backpiece and glider!
    Congrats. That is one sexy backpiece. I never do fractals but I'm still happy that people who do a lot of them at high levels get a nice reward for doing them. It's one of the few skill based special items in the game (the other I can think of off the top of my head is Mini Liadri the Concealing Dark). It's also far better than the PVP backpiece.

Also, I've finally starting doing Dragon Stand. What a great meta chain and fight. Very fun and rewarding.

Been playing more over the weekend and man...I still strongly dislike the design of the new zones. I get what they were aiming for with it, and they likely achieved it, but man do I loathe the design. Feels like a chore getting anywhere and makes me not want to explore for fear that I end up in some fuckey place either needing to spend a ton of time backtracking or losing a ton of time porting elsewhere. I still plan on trying to work my way through at least the main story so that I can be caught up for S3.

But damn man, the maps are a nightmare. If they were kept to at least 2 levels and spaced out the new zones would feel much bigger. As it stands, they feel pretty small and obnoxious to me : /

There's also the problem that the Masteries in many cases feel almost required rather than a nice bonus. Most of the gliding stuff at least.

It's also a little disappointing that they didn't add any more Mastery Points for the core world, I don't feel like doing Season2 achievements.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Masteries are almost required, there are some work around for certain classes like mesmer portals and chronomancers f5, they were designed to make you feel like you are progressing. "oh I can do this stuff now I couldn't do before hand" sort of thing. They aren't really a reward, it's just a gating mechanic.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I've avoided tangled depths ever since I first set foot in that map months ago. But I need HoT map completion for nevermore, as well as over 800 of the map currency...
    I hate that map so much.

at least the heroic tokens from WvW help me complete the heropoints ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I've avoided tangled depths ever since I first set foot in that map months ago. But I need HoT map completion for nevermore, as well as over 800 of the map currency...
    I hate that map so much.

at least the heroic tokens from WvW help me complete the heropoints ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's one of the absolute worst maps in the entire expansion, if not the absolute worst map in the entire game. I had to farm it for currency as well (near HoT's launch), and I can tell you that I don't know a single person who doesn't loathe that map.

And yeah, I pretty much just farm WvW for the tokens, because the hero points for the most part are annoying as well.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Idk, I did hate Tangeled Depths at first but after spending some more time there and exploring some I'm getting a much better feel for it. Though having Nuhoch Wallows makes a huge difference.

Nuhock is almost required, yeah. They did tweak things recently so currency flows like rivers from events. The meta event was the worst of any of them for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    It's one of the absolute worst maps in the entire expansion, if not the absolute worst map in the entire game. I had to farm it for currency as well (near HoT's launch), and I can tell you that I don't know a single person who doesn't loathe that map.

And yeah, I pretty much just farm WvW for the tokens, because the hero points for the most part are annoying as well.
    Well you know of 1 now, because I like it. It's probably my favourite zone out of the HoT zones and the one I've spent the most time in. I like how varied it is and the nice scenery.
    The trick to navigating TD is to not look at the map, because the map is fairly pointless as it can't accurately portray the 3-4 levels that exist in the zone.
    Once you've spent some time in the zone you learn the layout and won't have any problems getting around.

I have been playing quite a bit more of late. I still don't like the new zones but they are at least bearable at the moment. I have been doing a few of the Tequati and Three Worm events of late. Got myself a nice ascended armor box, unfortunately with Knights gear in it. If you taxi into an organized map (look at the group finder for the taxis) then they normally do very well.

Logged in yesterday to verify I did get the level 80 boost thing. I have no idea what I would use it on, though, since I've had all classes at 80 since HoT came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Logged in yesterday to verify I did get the level 80 boost thing. I have no idea what I would use it on, though, since I've had all classes at 80 since HoT came out.
    You also get the shared slot which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You also get the shared slot which is nice.
    So that slot is permanent? I was thinking it was temporary. I had picked up one of those slots a couple months ago (whenever the copper fed salv kit went on sale).

I didn't see/read any note stating the slot and the boost would only show there for a limited time, though, so I guess if I do start playing this game full tilt again, I can decide on what to use it on at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    So that slot is permanent? I was thinking it was temporary. I had picked up one of those slots a couple months ago (whenever the copper fed salv kit went on sale).

I didn't see/read any note stating the slot and the boost would only show there for a limited time, though, so I guess if I do start playing this game full tilt again, I can decide on what to use it on at that point.
    The slot is perm, and you can use the boost on an already-80 and get the exotic gear, though the gear is nothing to chase after anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Got myself a nice ascended armor box, unfortunately with Knights gear in it.
    You can use the mystic forge to change the stats on ascended armor and weapons. It's slightly costly but no where near as costly as crafting ascended armor/weapons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You can use the mystic forge to change the stats on ascended armor and weapons. It's slightly costly but no where near as costly as crafting ascended armor/weapons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment
    I did this with a dagger I had obtained from Teq like a year ago with some derpy stats. I recall it was much cheaper than making a new dagger from scratch, though.

Yeah the game is definitely going in a better direction now that MO is at the head. Still a little slow but looking forward to the future and next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaywoth View Post
    Yeah the game is definitely going in a better direction now that MO is at the head. Still a little slow but looking forward to the future and next expansion.
    First off MO was always at the head of the game, Colin was the public face and one of the top people but MO was always the top guy. Secondly, pretty much everything you have seen since Colin left was in the works before he left. It's sheer lunacy to think all of this stuff was started and delivered since Colin left.

Deleted
    yeah, the only thing right now we could see as mo's work is the scrapping of future legendaries.