Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    In America these rental laws work quite well, as it prevents or cuts down abuse by the landlord, and also prevents and cuts down on people suddenly being homeless.

Obviously there will be occurrences where the landlord gets the shaft, but it is a net gain for the entire property rental and housing community.
    Hmmm...I can see the good side, but somehow it looks to me it provides too much ground for abusal.
    Tricky situation.

But I would tend to be on landlords side in general.
    Ofc, not if he's an asshole and abuses.

But I guess that's humans for you.
    They will abuse even the most perfect rules there are :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How the fuck is that territorial or greedy?
    Because reasons, that's why. Got to remember that reasoning and an instinct for self-preservation are totally overrated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes some people might be crazy, most probably aren't but to say there is no risk is asinine. Living with a stranger and dealing with strangers are very 2 different things, I am surprised you couldn't figure that out. You never know what people are capable of. Out of high-school I was roommates with a friend from school, one day he pawned all my stuff while I was at work and took off, never thought he would be capable of such a thing. That was the last time I ever had a roommate, id rather live in the slums alone than in a nicer place with a roommate.

Even if the person you take in is a good person, that doesn't mean they are easy to live with, it's a huge commitment.
    I've lived with fucking terrible people in the past. I've also lived with fucking awesome people. That's how life works. But people who say "I'm never ever sharing with someone, just incase they suck" are being pretty lame. If your room mate sucks, throw them out. If you don't own the property, move out yourself. If a situation like that is too terrifying to face then you really need to learn to expand your horizons a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Wow. Calling not wanting someone's sister to get raped "greedy" and "territorial". Not sure if you're drunk dude. I swear I've seen you think more clearly than this.
    It was a bit trolly to be fair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I've lived with fucking terrible people in the past. I've also lived with fucking awesome people. That's how life works. But people who say "I'm never ever sharing with someone, just incase they suck" are being pretty lame. If your room mate sucks, throw them out. If you don't own the property, move out yourself. If a situation like that is too terrifying to face then you really need to learn to expand your horizons a little.
    You're aware that it's not easy to throw people out in some countries, right? From the point you want to evict someone here, it takes 3 months until you actually get rid of them. Try living for 3 months with someone you have a conflict with and who knows you're going to throw them out in 3 months.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I will have a Lebanese girl staying at mine this weekend, does that count?

She is not technically a refugee though.
    I don't know if this is thumps up or thumbs down.

Does she look like Mia Khalifa?

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Hmmm...I can see the good side, but somehow it looks to me it provides too much ground for abusal.
    Tricky situation.

But I would tend to be on landlords side in general.
    Ofc, not if he's an asshole and abuses.

But I guess that's humans for you.
    They will abuse even the most perfect rules there are :/
    Just to add, the process is easy once the tenant doesn't pay rent. You simply just need to wait 30 days or so, post an eviction notice of 30 days, and the person can then be removed, in most cases.

People just can't squat indefinitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.refugees-welcome.net/

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea. I'd like to think that if we're ever put into the fucking unimaginably horrible position that the Syrians are in presently, that we'd be treated with a similar level of humanity.
    Obviously it's going to be impossible to provide every single refugee with this type of solution, but if everyone with a spare room was willing to make it available to causes such as these, it'd be bloody lovely.

I'd rather not get stabbed.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Territorial, are you? Or just greedy?
    The left today is now okay with rape, really we shouldn't be so greedy with our vagina's.... After all those poor refugees.... Like war and stuff man.

/s

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-20 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Mia Khalifa's over-rated. I never got the fascination with her. Maybe because she looks middle eastern?

Why should anyone need to "expand their horizons"? In fact, I'd argue, that you should expand your horizons and go on your lonesome to offer aid in Syria. Go and really make a difference in the world! ...I mean come on, you're willing to take them into your home. How bad could it be?

Territorial, are you? Or just greedy?
    Coke just came out of my nose. Like literal bubbles.

I grew up with my parents using the bungalow out the back to temporarily house children and teenagers displaced from their homes (from within Australia, not refugees at the time). Probably had 30 stayers over the course of 10 years or so for varying reasons and lengths of time. Almost universally, they were happy to have a supportive place to live. Out of the 30, 2 were problematic, but only in that they caused headaches for my parents by disappearing and so on.

Number of times I was murdered: 0.

When me and my sister grew up and moved out, Mum then moved on to start housing refugees in the bungalow, and occasionally in the spare rooms in the house. Mostly Rohingans, but from other places as well.

Number of times Mum was murdered: 0.

She doesn't do it anymore because she is getting older and has grandkids from my sister that take up most of her time, but I am on a list and occasionally short-stay refugees in my house till more permanant locations can be found. Been listed for about 4 or 5 years now, been called on about 10 times in total for 2-3 weeks at a time.

Number of times I've been murdered: 0.

Besides those two bad kids earlier on, I've never had a bad experience. There are difficulties in communicating and its heartbreaking to hear what some people have gone through in their lives, but I've never had anything stolen, and when they accidentally break stuff they are supremely apologetic. My dogs never get more attention and my chook eggs don't go to waste.

Then I turn on my TV or go on the internet and you lovely people are here to remind me I need to be frightened! Lucky you are here!

It was a bit trolly to be fair
    Yeah... your every post in this thread is fairly similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Just to add, the process is easy once the tenant doesn't pay rent. You simply just need to wait 30 days or so, post an eviction notice of 30 days, and the person can then be removed, in most cases.

People just can't squat indefinitely.
    I would think that's fair. You don't pay, you must go. logic, no xD

I believe here, if you rent, you just need to give long enough notice that you need the rentie (is that even a word? >_>) to leave.
    I think most problems like that here are due to the fact that a LOT of renting isn't reported to the city, to the state or to whoever.

Hell, look at airbnb page. It's about renting.

I bet NOONE that does that here, actually makes a contract and has everything legal. But, that's Croatia for you xD

- - - Updated - - -

Mia Khalifa's over-rated. I never got the fascination with her. Maybe because she looks middle eastern?
    I would agree with over rated.
    Something like Scarlet Johannson, I never knew why others thing she's a bomb.

But, to each of his own, np.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

This raises a great question, can you ask that the "refugee" be a certain gender, age, and have certain physical measurements?

Can you ask this organization to send over only "refugees" that are female, between the ages of 18-22, skinny and with perky boobs?

I would sign up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Then I turn on my TV or go on the internet and you lovely people are here to remind me I need to be frightened! Lucky you are here!
    This just in: your personal anecdotes mean shit in comparison to population statistics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Why should anyone need to "expand their horizons"? In fact, I'd argue, that you should expand your horizons and go on your lonesome to offer aid in Syria. Go and really make a difference in the world! ...I mean come on, you're willing to take them into your home. How bad could it be?
    If I was renting out a room, I'd be just as open to taking a Syrian refugee as some bloke who saw my advert on Spareroom.com
    I'd meet the person first and decide whether they were a good fit or not. I wouldn't 'vet' them any more than I'd vet someone else. Being a refugee might make me more likely to offer them the room as it'd be a fantastic opportunity for cultural exchange and I'm sure I could learn a lot from someone with a background such as that.
    You know, there was a time in the 40's when lots of British children were moved off to live with strangers in other countries. They were called Evacuees instead of Refugees, but it's exactly the same thing besides the terminology. I hear it was pretty successful.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    She is sexy and got her start on reddit..... also ISIS wants her dead.

There are hotter and I've heard on good authority she is a cunt to be around. So for Kalis' sake if he is banging Mia Khalifa, he is only banging her. If so, good on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Being a refugee might make me more likely to offer them the room as it'd be a fantastic opportunity for cultural exchange and I'm sure I could learn a lot from someone with a background such as that.
    Just lol. Go travel to other countries if you want cultural exchange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much.
    10 char.

If I was renting out a room, I'd be just as open to taking a Syrian refugee as some bloke who saw my advert on Spareroom.com
    I'd meet the person first and decide whether they were a good fit or not. I wouldn't 'vet' them any more than I'd vet someone else. Being a refugee might make me more likely to offer them the room as it'd be a fantastic opportunity for cultural exchange and I'm sure I could learn a lot from someone with a background such as that.
    You know, there was a time in the 40's when lots of British children were moved off to live with strangers in other countries. They were called Evacuees instead of Refugees, but it's exactly the same thing besides the terminology. I hear it was pretty successful.
    Yes, they were British children, from Britain.

...Not a backwater shithole that places about as much value on human life as we put on cockroach life. I don't care to exchange culture, I want nothing to do with it.