Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    The Jurassic Park movie universe seems very constrained to environmentalists, big game hunters, and corporate exploitation. Modern technology would drive the dinosaurs to extinction in an unrestrained fight which is boring. If you go post-apocalyptic to try to level the playing field, you start covering territory far too familiar with audiences as works like the Walking Dead or Planet of the Apes have covered it extensively so it would feel boring.

The only thing I can think of that might be interesting and cover new ground would be to reboot the entire thing and set it on an alternate Earth where Europeans sail to the New World and discover dinosaurs instead of native americans. Then you could do a series of films where the Europeans attempt to colonize and settle a savage land. The appeal there is that while humans have a civilization and level of technology its not really good enough to overwhelm dinosaurs. So how would the colonists approach the problem?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Jurassic Park movie universe seems very constrained to environmentalists, big game hunters, and corporate exploitation. Modern technology would drive the dinosaurs to extinction in an unrestrained fight which is boring. If you go post-apocalyptic to try to level the playing field, you start covering territory far too familiar with audiences as works like the Walking Dead or Planet of the Apes have covered it extensively so it would feel boring.

The only thing I can think of that might be interesting and cover new ground would be to reboot the entire thing and set it on an alternate Earth where Europeans sail to the New World and discover dinosaurs instead of native americans. Then you could do a series of films where the Europeans attempt to colonize and settle a savage land. The appeal there is that while humans have a civilization and level of technology its not really good enough to overwhelm dinosaurs. So how would the colonists approach the problem?
    Why reboot a saga about genetically engineered theme park monsters into an alternate history one? Dinosaurs may not be as popular nowadays as they were in the 90s, but there could be other movies and franchises with concepts like that.

As for fixing Jurassic Park, I think Bayona, being a horror director, had some good ideas, but they weren't properly executed, and I'm sure the studio didn't help.

A movie like Alien would work in my opinion. Small spaces, an unstoppable creature and a few people who try to survive by outsmarting it. It's not original, but there isn't a whole lot you can do with what are essentially animals. And turning them into literal monsters (I-Rex, Indoraptor...) doesn't seem like an improvement

Alternatively, you can go The Walking Dead route, and focus on the humans, keeping the dinosaurs as a background element that keeps the characters moving. But that would require good writing and acting, instead of relying on the pretty effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Why reboot a saga about genetically engineered theme park monsters into an alternate history one? Dinosaurs may not be as popular nowadays as they were in the 90s, but there could be other movies and franchises with concepts like that.

As for fixing Jurassic Park, I think Bayona, being a horror director, had some good ideas, but they weren't properly executed, and I'm sure the studio didn't help.

A movie like Alien would work in my opinion. Small spaces, an unstoppable creature and a few people who try to survive by outsmarting it. It's not original, but there isn't a whole lot you can do with what are essentially animals. And turning them into literal monsters (I-Rex, Indoraptor...) doesn't seem like an improvement

Alternatively, you can go The Walking Dead route, and focus on the humans, keeping the dinosaurs as a background element that keeps the characters moving. But that would require good writing and acting, instead of relying on the pretty effects.
    But we've already done Alien and the Walking Dead. its not new ground. I'd reboot it because an alternate history Earth with European colonists encountering dinosaurs would be new ground.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-07-11 at 09:06 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

But we've already done Alien and the Walking Dead. its not new ground. I'd reboot it because an alternate history Earth with European colonists encountering dinosaurs would be new ground.
    Well, yes, but it wouldn't be Jurassic Park. Which is why I said that could be its own movie.

An Alien/TWD like movie with dinosaurs could fit in the Jurassic Park franchise, and be good/fun enough to justify its existence.

Ideally, they wouldn't make any more of these movies unless they got a writer/director with an amazing idea, but we know they are going to keep releasing them every 2/3 years, so an unoriginal idea is better than a bad one.

Deleted
    What about FLESH?

Flesh was one of the early stories written for 2000 AD by Pat Mills, and was pretty shamelessly ripped off from Mills' earlier work for Action, Hookjaw — although not to the extent of a follow-up story called Shako.
    Flesh was a pretty simple story; greedy ranchers from the far future use a time machine to travel back to the Cretaceous period, where they farm dinosaurs for their meat. Eventually, the dinosaurs overpower the time-travelers and kill them all, predominantly a malevolent female tyrannosaur named Old One Eye.
    https://marswillsendnomore.files.wor...-flesh-4-1.jpg
    https://marswillsendnomore.files.wor...aperback-6.jpg

Doing large house cleaning n came across a dino comic book, entirely in pictures, no words, no humans. Done by Ricardo Delgado, it's beautiful and brutal af
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/44-6...al-Warfare-TPB
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-07-14 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, yes, but it wouldn't be Jurassic Park. Which is why I said that could be its own movie.

An Alien/TWD like movie with dinosaurs could fit in the Jurassic Park franchise, and be good/fun enough to justify its existence.

Ideally, they wouldn't make any more of these movies unless they got a writer/director with an amazing idea, but we know they are going to keep releasing them every 2/3 years, so an unoriginal idea is better than a bad one.
    I don't think it would because Alien / TWD is too ubiquitous in the culture. Its too familiar.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's called Terra Nova but they could definitely pull it off if they wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I dunno, just something else other than greed being the primary motivation for the villain. Maybe the villain wanted to release the dinos in to the wild to instill a bit of anarchy to see if humans would survive? Like I said, I just want a Dino movie. Not some philosophical-but not really philosophical movie about Greed being bad. I mean, that's alright for the first two films. But every film? BAAAAAH, do something new (for the franchise)!
    But the underlying thing they stress every movie is the hubris from the pride of being able to recreate the dinos in the first place. Capitalist greed just runs the show for profit as usual and only asking the hard questions when the situation is fubar. The wrath you want is an option we've only seen in a few select scenes outside the dinos. Still good but I don't think one is better than the other. It depends entirely on the setup and story being developed and unfolded for a movie - deciding whether or not it's actually good.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom || Movie Review.

RedLeaderOne
    Jul 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmzu6conyk

Deleted
    From his twitter

JA Bayona
    ‏@FilmBayona

I’ve been just told that #JurassicWorldFallenKingdom just crossed the $1.3 billion mark at the box office. We couldn’t be more happy!! Thanks to everyone that has made this possible.
    and it's still out in cinemas...

JW 3 is a go now fer sure I guess.

Suck it, solo!
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-09-03 at 05:49 AM.

meanwhile bladerunner 2049 bombs because its "slow"

This is why we cant have nice things.

Deleted
    Omg, I died!

The movie came out on blu ray today in the US? Europe still has to wait..

How Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Should Have Ended.

How It Should Have Ended
    Sep 18, 2018

Just me or did that Bracchisaurus sound like a certain comedian?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMqakE7noE
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-09-18 at 04:12 PM.