Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Idk we got Deep Blue Sea 2 coming out soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF465jHpqXk

this is just sad... so sad...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    This just made me remember that last good movie with sharks was released in 1999, are you kidding me. No love for sharks. :/

edit: maybe open water / the reef, but it's not really about sharks, just floating in water
    If you love sharks, you really don't want them to make boogeyman scary movies about them since they traditionally have a pretty terrible effect on shark conservation efforts.

OT: Never read or heard of the books. Any good?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    OT: Never read or heard of the books. Any good?
    In the first post of thread, 2nd youtube vid, someone reads the book out loud

Don't know anything about the other books..

Deleted
    Reminder it's almost March 15, if u want to be sure to get the hard-cover book.

Was hoping someone posted a trailer for Meg :\

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Was hoping someone posted a trailer for Meg :\
    Author doesn't know yet, sorri for getting ur hopes up, just wanted to remind folks about the book..

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT #2: MARCH = MEG TRAILERS!

Two movie trailers are being released in theatres and on the Internet by Warner Bros. I do not yet know the dates, but I will send you a special newsletter and links when they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Author doesn't know yet, sorri for getting ur hopes up, just wanted to remind folks about the book..
    Hoping/willing to bet one will come with Pacific Rim 2 this week. Fingers crossed!

Deleted
    Sorry.

More book info (extended time to order hard cover until April 22...and a still from the movie as apology for updating this..

Imminent Meg Trailers Are “Excellent” And Worth The Wait, According To Author Steve Alten.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/m...e-steve-alten/
    By Michael Briers 4 days ago

It’s been a long time coming – too long, perhaps – but the big-screen rendition of Steve Alten’s Meg is now so close we can practically see its enormous dorsal fin protruding out of the murky blue water.

Yes, Warner Bros. and Jon Turteltaub’s giant shark movie is fast approaching its August 2018 release date, leaving many to wonder why we haven’t seen any footage. Fear not, though, as Alten has taken to Facebook (h/t Bloody Disgusting) to share a status report on Meg‘s “excellent” trailers, which are expected to arrive sometime this month.

One glance at Warner’s calendar tells us that Meg‘s first-look teaser will be attached to Rampage – fitting, really, given audiences flocking to see a colossal monster movie will likely be interested in a film about the megalodon, a species of shark long thought to be extinct…until now.

Here’s that status report from Alten:

By now, I expected the MEG movie trailers to be out and going viral with millions of views. I’ve actually seen the two trailers and they are excellent. The powers-that-be decided it would be best to delay their launch from late March until April. The reason has to do with analytics and if the viewing audience sees a trailer too early and then the movie comes out much later, they are left with a false impression that the movie had already been out. (Personally, I never expected to see a trailer until June, but with huge movies like MEG the studios like to get the juices flowing early).
    I´ll add the whole newsletter when I get back home tomorrow...

EXCLUSIVE - Jason Statham went swimming with real sharks to prepare for The Meg.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/06/the-...m-with-sharks/
    CLARK COLLIS April 06, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EDT

In The Meg, Jason Statham plays a diver tasked with rescuing the crew of a deep-sea submersible after it has been attacked by the titular creature, a 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon. So, did the Fast and Furious franchise star actually go swimming with sharks prior to shooting director Jon Turtletaub’s movie? Of course he did. He’s Jason bloody Statham!!!

“On the early stages of the prep, we took a trip to Fiji, and we went diving with some bull sharks,” says the British actor. “They hand-feed them and it’s a spectacular thing to see. These things are three meters in length, huge big things. There were 20 or 30 of these things, and they were hand-feeding [them] big tuna heads, and we got very, very close, and it was a spectacular moment. To swim in close proximity to a big, three-meter shark, is to be recommended to all and everyone.”

And he wasn’t scared at all?

“You know, it’s funny, because you get anxiety when you’re on the boat,” says Statham. “But once you get in the ocean, things take a very different turn. You get very relaxed, and when you’re in their environment, it’s quite a tranquil sort of thing, the anxiety goes away completely. It’s remarkable to experience. All of the fear — or the perceived fear — is done in your own head before you get down there with them. Once you’re swimming down there with all the other divers, it’s phenomenal. It’s one of the greatest experiences you could have, for me anyway. I’m a big SCUBA diver fanatic. Wherever I am in the world, if I get a chance to get in the ocean, I do.”

The Meg costars Winston Chao, Li Bingbing, Rainn Wilson, Ruby Rose, Page Kennedy, Jessica McNamee, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Robert Taylor, Cliff Curtis, Shuya Sophia Cai, and Masi Oka.

The Meg is in theaters Aug. 10. See an exclusive still from the film, below.

Big mistake to cosplay as donuts! [Edit: apparently people decided to call it froot loops]

edit:...just after I wrote teh above n googled the keywords for fun, yeah, somone just had to made shark donuts..

https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/ima...lideshow_l.jpg

More shark humor

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yy73W7itvd...Shark+Cage.PNG
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-05-31 at 04:51 PM.

Im so hyped to see this, i wish the trailer would hurry up.

Hell fucking yeah!

Now that's what im talking about.

Deleted
    This could actually turn out to be a great movie. I am looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    Trailer:
    Oh god - the China audience pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Oh god - the China audience pandering.
    Yeah, China is a big market. To be fair though, several major characters from the book, including the one who convinced the main guy to go on the expedition that ended up being responsible for the Meg coming to the surface, were Japanese, so having Asians in the cast isn't technically pandering. Sure, for book authenticity they should have been Japanese, but Statham's character in the book wasn't a Brit either, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks so bad I cannot, not watch it. I am getting in there first to see this lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

A movie about Meg?

I remember buying and reading this book back in Junior High, and even back then on the cover it proudly flaunted the fact that there was a movie deal in the works for it...So this has been like in the works for over 20 years. The book wasn't anything special, but it was a fun action read. They've significantly altered the ties to the Asian market from Japan to China, so that's interesting.

I've been waiting to see this ever since I read it, so hell yeah, I'm in, even though I know going in it's going to be a big, dumb, loud action romp.

Meg, a Jason Statham movie about a giant shark has 10 million youtube views

Solo, a Disney Star Wars franchise movie has 10 million youtube views.

hahahaha I'm going to laugh myself sick if Meg out performs Solo at the box office.

Deleted
    There were 2 trailers released, here's teh international trailer, the more standard trailer type..

seems most didn't understand that in the US trailer the music was from Finding Nemo..oh, well..

THE MEG Trailer EXTENDED (2018) Shark Movie HD.

ONE Media
    Apr 10, 2018

THE MEG Trailer EXTENDED (2018) Jason Statham, Shark Movie HD

Large poster picture, I'm def buying one
    http://www.joblo.com/posters/images/...meg-poster.jpg

Deleted
    There's a new TV spot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVd_aVcCIA&t=1s

No poster...
    June Newsletter
    To my readers:

Happy Memorial Day... and a heartfelt THANK YOU to all our veterans and men and women who wear the uniform.

Back on Feb. 1st when I officially started pre-selling the sixth and anticipated FINAL chapter in the MEG series, I calculated finishing the novel in time to ship in late May. That was a guesstimate only. As I worked on the book, my imagination sparked an amazing alternative ending that will lead to a 7th novel called MEG: PURGATORY. This pushed back the delivery date of the MEG: GEN's manuscript to my team of editors to just last week. Was the delay worth it? Hell, yes! Simply put, GENERATIONS is the BEST MEG novel to date.

In addition, our creative team at A&M Publishing wanted to do add some really unique and special extras to the finished book. You will get your money's worth - and beyond. And the hardbacks, as promised, will be the rarest of the rare - only 3,000 will be printed. And NO HARDBACKS will be sold in stores or on Amazon. If someone wants a copy, they'll have to contact you (I'd start with Alton Reece, who bought about 50 copies).

Now, because we didn't come close to the goals of 5,000 (signed copies) or 10,000 (free posters) which would have given A&M Publishing a price break on printing, we'll be launching the MEG: GENERATIONS ebook around June 1st. To those who purchased hardbacks, that may seem unfair. To make it up to you (drum roll please) I'll be signing EVERY BOOK... That's right, all 3,000 will bear my sloppy PD affected signature.

To do this without keeping me locked in a warehouse for 3 days, which plays havoc with my Parkinson's Disease, A&M Publishing has designed a special autograph page which the printer will print separately, then send all 3,000 inserts to my home for signing. I'll sign and send them back and they'll be inserted into the novel's binding. This costs a lot more money to do...but you are worth it. This will also increase the value of your books, allowing those of you who want to sell your extra copies to sell at a higher price. (Don't settle for less than $50.00 a book... as time passes and the movie is a runaway hit, there will be collectors who will want what you have, and frustrated new readers who will have to come to you to purchase a copy.)

The pre-sale ends on May 31st, 2018 at midnight EST. Any books purchased today will buy you a chance to win a signed MEG MOVIE POSTER and a Meg tooth fragment from a real Megalodon tooth.

Expect your copies of MEG: Generation delivered in early July; we'll post updates as we get them.

The new movie covers or the MEG 20th anniversary will be delivered in June, unless you wanted to save a few bucks on postage and have us deliver it with GENERATIONS.

With love and appreciation,

Steve Alten