View Poll Results: What do you think

Voters
324. This poll is closed
  • Sounds like a cool Idea

110 33.95%
  • Nope, gotta play the Elves, stick with lore.

171 52.78%
  • Nope, but if Blizzard considers new races for the Demon hunters, It will be Draenei and orcs.

43 13.27%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Orcs and Draenei Demon hunters

So, Orcs and Draenei are about the only races that has any chance to become demon hunters lore wise if Blizzard ever decides to do so, What is your thoughts?

Orc Demon hunters:

Lore: "Under Kargaths rule, the fel orcs quickly proved themselves to be capable warriors, but capable enough? A group of fel orcs were subjugated to become a part of a new Illidari project. A project that involved the possibiltiy of creating demon hunters that we're not of Elven ancestry. As it turns out, these orcs had an even lower successrate of transforming than any other, yet those who made it were proven to be incredibly Strong.

Largok Felheart, was one of the first Fel orcs to get trough the transition, and he was known as the Destroyer, and for good reason. So incredibly determined and powerful, he could single handedly fend of ambushes of the strongest sort, pain only proved to make him even stronger and best of all, unlimited Strength. Largok had the Ability to turn into a Rage like state where Anger and Hate completely took control over him and made him horiffically dangerous. He was among the highest ranking members of the Illidari and was slain when the Illidari blew up the Nathrezim homeworld. All orcs after that, that were going trough the transition remembered him as an Idol. All orcs wanted to become as powerful as him. Since then, Orcs were never allowed to be seen with the Elves. They were to be kept a secret to see if they were fit for the task. When the Siege of the Black temple arrived, Illidan sent Orcs, Draenei, Blood elves and Night elves to a Legion planet."

Motivations for becoming a Demon hunter:
    • Hatred for the Legion more than anyone else
    • Their homeworld was ruined and they were forced to murder millions.
    • Became puppets of the legion.

Dissabilities:
    • More muscles than brains
    • Not the same kind of Determination Elves have
    • Lower lifespan than Elves and Draenei.

Draenei Demon hunters:

Lore: "The Ashtongue was not an order of just broken Draenei. Some Draenei remained on Outland after all the blood that had been spilled previously. These were lead by Akama himself. Though akama wasnt the most loyal of persons, his Draenei followers were. They saw everyone else as too incompotent of doing anything, and that the Naruu had forsaken them.

Akama did not support this, however, Illidan convinced him to let their hatred grow deeper. He saw them as worthy candidates for the Illidari army that was to destroy the burning legion. Curious of seeing how well Draenei would fare in Demon hunter training, Akama was tasked with sending his most capable students into the training fields. Suprisingly, the Draenei had over a 90% successrate of becoming a demon hunter. but they were so few in numbers, so the numbers were just about even with the other races of the Illidari. Their sheer determination and Willpower alone made them on of the most capable demon hunters around, and they were selected to become the majority of the troops that Invaded the Nathrezim homeworld of Nathreza."

Motivations for becoming a Demon hunter:
    • Being hunted for thousands of years, their blood is probably boiling with hate
    • They are capable fighters
    • They have a life span of 25000 years, longer than any known race.

Dissabilities:
    • Draenei usually stick to the light
    • There were no Draenei under the Illidari, only broken. Maybe some of the Ashtongue were full Draenei?

Elves are pretty cool and all, but not everyone wants to play an elf. I for one cannot stand them side from the little fact that the males are somewhat eye candy on both sides. But aside from that, I'd rather play a non elf. Draenei and Orcs makes more sense as demon hunters than any of the other races if you ask me, and they could be implemented from the start.
    An'u belore delen'na

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be on board for this. They both look really cool as DHs.

I'm all for even races that wouldn't make canonical sense as Demon Hunters being Demon Hunters, once Blizzard has the time to make art assets.
    These would be the best place to start though. Illidan did canonically employ Fel Orcs and Broken, though Draenei and Broken aren't quite the same thing.

If they took the time to allow you to play as Broken that would be even better... but it's not going to happen :P

Deleted
    You picked precisely the two alien races that Illidan doesn't really care about. He only cares about Azeroth, so easier he would accept anyone but the orcs and the Broken. Heck, he had the chance for it for several years.

i think it should stay elf only.

and i think there should be more classes made this way, with only certain races having access.

Deleted
    why would Illidan turn orcs or draenei into DHs? So no, after reading the Illidan book elfs (ne or be) is the only viable choice...

Hell I'm currently making my draenie DK more of an anti-demon warrior, with my mog and faction reps.....if those fucking shoulders from Hydro would drop.......

So, im down, after Legion with an altered intro zone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Would like to make a Troll DH, but i guess the lore is not supporting it atleast with the hole Illidan training the playable DH's.
    On Azeroth we also had other DH's that worked together with the Horde in vanilla when Illidan was in Outland but the starting zone will not support this as playable DH races.

They're the only ones that could feasibly work with all demon hunters being Illidari, but Illidan only trained elves.

This kind of thing would only work if they have a completely different and seperate starting zone experience that takes place a great deal after the events of Legion. Thats what I think anyway.

rather have undead demon hunters than orc demon hunters

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think it should stay elf only.

and i think there should be more classes made this way, with only certain races having access.
    Like tinkerers being exclusive for gnomes and goblins perhaps.

Seriously though, I don't see why people are so upset over DH being elf only to the point where they refuse to play the class. It's almost as if they don't like being immersive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Like tinkerers being exclusive for gnomes and goblins perhaps.
    Why do people always suggest this? Gnomes and goblins are not the only races with technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why do people always suggest this? Gnomes and goblins are not the only races with technology.
    They're the most advanced playable races and the whole mecha torso on the back would look a bit silly on any race aside from gnomes and goblins. Plus there's that whole technological rivalry that they have which only adds to the whole "gnomes/goblins only" thing.
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I find it weird that people would hate elves but somehow like DH. The class itself has its identity rooted in the elven races especially Night Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

They're the most advanced playable races and the whole mecha torso on the back would look a bit silly on any race aside from gnomes and goblins. Plus there's that whole technological rivalry that they have which only adds to the whole "gnomes/goblins only" thing.
    Human,Dwarf and Draenei fit naturally for the tinkerer class.

Since Draenei would never be Warlocks, I think DH would be a fantastic way for them to grasp Fel magic without evil intent. Being radical outcast fighters, they could freely use Fel magic without characteristically being out of place in Draenei culture, and they already have such a strong history with Demons that I could see them doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post

Human,Dwarf and Draenei fit naturally for the tinkerer class.
    Human is really reaching, while Dwarves and Draenei are a bit more ideal. However when I think tinkerer I see a small person with robotic arms strapped to their backs or inside a shredder. Maybe if they somehow made the abilities/"gear" look unique to the race like goblins being more radical, Draenei being crystal based, etc I could get on board with tinkerers being more than just gnomes/goblins.

Draenei and dwarves are pretty advanced.

Since Draenei would never be Warlocks, I think DH would be a fantastic way for them to grasp Fel magic without evil intent. Being radical outcast fighters, they could freely use Fel magic without characteristically being out of place in Draenei culture, and they already have such a strong history with Demons that I could see them doing it
    If they ever did draenei demon hunters I would want them to be Ashtongue that were returned to their original form by fel magic similar to what happened with Iskar in HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Draenei and dwarves are pretty advanced.
    The chronicle book explains that Gnomes were the smart ones and taught the dwarves a lot while the dwarves gave stone working and mining skills to gnomes so they could make Gnomeregan. Taking that I would say Gnomes have the natural talent to invent technology where as humans and dwarves simply know how to apply it to things they use. Dreanei I think of them more of magic based than technology.

They could unlock different DH races after you make an elf one, using the boost to 100 method of dropping you at lvl 100 on a different scenario to get used to your abilities, they could have another demon hunter training new ones at the beginning of Legion (To avoid the lore inconsistencies of adding more races given the timeline of the DH training in Marduun)