Thread: Weapon Tuning

Weapon Tuning

Interesting new concept coming to SWTOR.
    Could have some interesting affects to weapons.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20160420

If you want to equip a Weapon Tuning the first thing you’ll need is a weapon with an available Tuning Slot. Weapons that have a Tuning Slot come from many different sources including the Cartel Market, PvP, Operations, Reputation Vendors, Flashpoints, Heroics Missions, and Crafting Recipes. Be sure to check if your Weapon has a Tuning Slot!

Next, you’ll need a Weapon Tuning. They are currently only found in Cartel Market Packs. The first Weapon Tuning, Lightning, is available in the Plunderer Pack which launches alongside Chapter XIII: Profit and Plunder.

Once you’ve got a weapon with an open Tuning Slot and a Weapon Tuning, combining the two is as simple as making any other modification to your weapon. First, CTRL+Right-click the item to open up the Field Modification window. You can also take it to an Item Modification Station. Then simply drag the Weapon Tuning into the open Tuning Slot and hit “Apply”. Your Weapon will automatically begin using the effect created by the Mod!

Weapon Tunings work like any other Weapon Modification – once you have placed one in a weapon, you will need to pay a fee to extract it. Placing one into a weapon will bind it to your character, and Weapon Tunings are not a part of the Collections Interface.

I hatre that it's only available on the cartel

Quote Originally Posted by yolin16 View Post
    I hatre that it's only available on the cartel
    Agreed. Checked the GTN for one, because my main has like 5 million credits and I thought I could get one for a few hundred thousand maybe 1 mil or so...

They're going for ~10 million on Begeren Colony. Fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed. Checked the GTN for one, because my main has like 5 million credits and I thought I could get one for a few hundred thousand maybe 1 mil or so...

They're going for ~10 million on Begeren Colony. Fucking retarded.
    Yea its a bit disappointing.

IT was hyped as this great new thing coming to SWTOR and sure it was but it's so limited it's either too expensive for most to get off the GTN or there don't see spending CC on a very low chance to get on from teh pack.

It turns out their just to rare and then the weapons are limited to certain ones that have a tuning slot. Most wont use it even if you had one.

Add in you can't add it to collections and it gets even worse. Some classes would have to spend double the money for MH / OH to get the look.

The concept was good but the implementation just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

The concept was good but the implementation just sucks.
    Perfect summation of the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Perfect summation of the entire game.
    I wouldn't go that far. The game is good, IMO. The engine is lacking in several areas, but it's functional for the most part. It just doesn't have the staying power of really good MMOs because there's practically nothing to do at end game that means anything. Once you're done with the story, which is basically just a single player experience, there's not much more to it.

That said, the stories range from totally lackluster to phenomenal and I still haven't found a game that has a class game play as fun to play as a DPS Juggernaut/ Guardian. I've leveled at least 2 of each just because the game play is so fun and the conversation options and story difference from light and dark perspectives are cool to see.

I wouldn't go that far. The game is good, IMO.

That said, the stories range from totally lackluster to phenomenal and I still haven't found a game that has a class game play as fun to play as a DPS Juggernaut/ Guardian. I've leveled at least 2 of each just because the game play is so fun and the conversation options and story difference from light and dark perspectives are cool to see.
    I don't know, I don't think it's too far honestly. Like KotFE for example... the story itself is mostly solid, but the way it plays is just terrible. Run down long hallway and fight 2-3 sets of 3 adds that couldn't possibly kill you and really only serve to say "hey look there are things to stab." You run through the whole chapter in an hour then wait another 30 days for the next section. Most of the companions I really care about still aren't back. I was glad to see Vette, but 90% of the rest... meh. You have all these companions and one you romance, but nothing really happens with any of the relationships because each new chapter has a new companion(s) they want to introduce, so its not like you're really getting story time with the ones you do like. I don't even need class stories, I just wish they had recorded some dialogue for each companion in response to your choices in the main story.

They had a big post from a producer talking about how support for the game is strong from EA/Lucas/Disney. Okay... where is it then? You have a game with a very slow content cycle that releases some of the smallest patches in any mmo I've ever played. What are they all doing? They certainly aren't doing QA, because the game is still loaded with bugs and glitches. They make a big show of these weapon tunings to have the only one be released in a cartel pack and then sell for 15+ million credits. I can afford that, but your average player isn't going to be able/willing to do so. I'm also not sure a little tiny bit of lightning is all that exciting, but I guess we will see what future ones look like.

I also love Jugg... Veng is fantastic. Playstyle is highly subjective, and Veng is definitely one of my top 2-3 favorite specs in all mmos, but I honestly prefer 3.0 dragoon in FF14 more. I also really like Legion's take on windwalker Monk about the same.

The game is pretty much Star Wars and class stories... everything else is pretty underwhelming. If you still really enjoy it more power to you... I wish I still did.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    I don't know, I don't think it's too far honestly. Like KotFE for example... the story itself is mostly solid, but the way it plays is just terrible. Run down long hallway and fight 2-3 sets of 3 adds that couldn't possibly kill you and really only serve to say "hey look there are things to stab." You run through the whole chapter in an hour then wait another 30 days for the next section. Most of the companions I really care about still aren't back. I was glad to see Vette, but 90% of the rest... meh. You have all these companions and one you romance, but nothing really happens with any of the relationships because each new chapter has a new companion(s) they want to introduce, so its not like you're really getting story time with the ones you do like. I don't even need class stories, I just wish they had recorded some dialogue for each companion in response to your choices in the main story.

They had a big post from a producer talking about how support for the game is strong from EA/Lucas/Disney. Okay... where is it then? You have a game with a very slow content cycle that releases some of the smallest patches in any mmo I've ever played. What are they all doing? They certainly aren't doing QA, because the game is still loaded with bugs and glitches. They make a big show of these weapon tunings to have the only one be released in a cartel pack and then sell for 15+ million credits. I can afford that, but your average player isn't going to be able/willing to do so. I'm also not sure a little tiny bit of lightning is all that exciting, but I guess we will see what future ones look like.

I also love Jugg... Veng is fantastic. Playstyle is highly subjective, and Veng is definitely one of my top 2-3 favorite specs in all mmos, but I honestly prefer 3.0 dragoon in FF14 more. I also really like Legion's take on windwalker Monk about the same.

The game is pretty much Star Wars and class stories... everything else is pretty underwhelming. If you still really enjoy it more power to you... I wish I still did.
    Sounds like you simply dislike the direction the game has taken and are disappointed in how it's turned out. I think that's fair. I am too. I just enjoy the game play and story enough to look passed some of the shortcomings. I only resubbed this month because I had all of the "new" chapters released since KotFE was first out to catch up on and wanted something to do. I've already cancelled, and won't be back for a few more months.

I enjoy it, it's definitely worth $14.99 every couple of months to see the new story stuff and play my Rage and Vengeance Juggernauts.... (yeah have 2, lol), but there are other games I like more.

Sounds like you simply dislike the direction the game has taken and are disappointed in how it's turned out. I think that's fair. I am too. I just enjoy the game play and story enough to look passed some of the shortcomings. I only resubbed this month because I had all of the "new" chapters released since KotFE was first out to catch up on and wanted something to do. I've already cancelled, and won't be back for a few more months.

I enjoy it, it's definitely worth $14.99 every couple of months to see the new story stuff and play my Rage and Vengeance Juggernauts.... (yeah have 2, lol), but there are other games I like more.
    I like the direction, just not the implementation. You're right that I'm disappointed in the way the content has turned out. The first chapters they released where pretty interesting imo. I enjoyed the new raid finder, the star fortresses and most of the way the game changed in 4.0. They just haven't really done much else. The chapters are short with minimal game play and the only new thing we've really gotten, aside from cartel packs, is the EC. It's not as important to the game overall, but I'm extremely disappointed in the way companions are working out.

There needs to be more to do in the game than level a new character or play through the same story on another character. If it continues this way I'll probably only sub 1-2 months out of the year to get the new chapters. I'll play through them and look around again, but most likely end up quitting in under a month. I can't imagine that's really how they want their game to be played. They put in a sub-reward program specifically to encourage people to stay subbed. I'd argue that's another example of good idea, but bad implementation.

Not a fan of the cool stuff like this being tied to the cartel market at all. Right now I'm subbed to just get the mount at the start of the month them im going to cancel the sub til who knows when. Maybe one day there will be some new raid that will make me want to resub and play again. With the daily/weekly quests being done into the ground and of the OLD raid content still being the only raid content the games stale for me. Too stale.

Right now I'm raiding in EQ 2 again (lol right?) and I'm having fun with the new stuff they added. Waiting til that other game releases its xpack at the end of August to get the grind going there again. Kinda sucks though as I loved raiding in SWTOR but after bitching about doing the same raid in WoD for over a year, I cant see me doing the same ones in this game for over what 4 or 5 years now? I forget when it was released lol but its been a while and EV and KP has been done waaay too much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is EA we're talking about, the greedy overlords have to squeeze every penny they can out of someone.

Deleted
    Interesting new concept coming to SWTOR.
    I do honestly not care much for this update.
    Chances of actually have a weapon where it would make sense to use a special effect are scarce, only an handful of sabers (the ones with unstable crystals) and of guns (only when they're beam weapons or similar, surely no blasters). Aesthetic mods that I can't use in roleplaying have no value to me.

Implementing a saberpike or a third PVP faction (Zakuul) would have been a lot more useful.
    Last edited by mmoc99b90f755f; 2016-05-24 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    Chances of actually have a weapon where it would make sense to use a special effect are scarce, only an handful of sabers (the ones with unstable crystals) and of guns (only when they're beam weapons or similar, surely no blasters). Aesthetic mods that I can't use in roleplaying have no value to me.

Implementing a saberpike or a third PVP faction (Zakuul) would have been a lot more useful.
    Sadly, what looked like an interesting update turned out really lackluster when it comes to weapon tuning.

Their very scarce, expensive if you are interested in one (be it GTN or CC) and not all the weapons have a turning slot. MH only wepaon users have it a bit easier should they seek to get a weapn turning while MH/OH users have to buy two because the turnings will NOT open in collections.

The whole concept was hyped in a marketing spin but once again, BW's implementation made a possible interesting feature barely worth talking about other than your dislike of it.

A sabre pike will never happen and IIRC they said as much. Something about having to rework entire combat animations.

a third faction might be OK but what point would it really serve? What would be the goal of having it. Simply because you don't want to be sith or jedi?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post

I don't know how a new weapon that half or more of the classes can't even use would add much, and personally I'd think a new class would add more to the game than a new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't know how a new weapon that half or more of the classes can't even use would add much, and personally I'd think a new class would add more to the game than a new faction.
    I'd resub immediately if a new class was introduced. Played the hell out of the 8 they already have and honestly enjoy all of them, to varying degrees. Wouldn't even have to like it that much, I'd just be interested in trying it out and seeing the story...if it had one.

I'd resub immediately if a new class was introduced. Played the hell out of the 8 they already have and honestly enjoy all of them, to varying degrees. Wouldn't even have to like it that much, I'd just be interested in trying it out and seeing the story...if it had one.
    Same here. The individual stories for the classes are by far some of the best gaming expereinces out there.

I'd be all over a new class with the stipulation that it had a new class story to go along with it. Just starting it as the over all story for everyone like Makeb wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Just starting it as the over all story for everyone like Makeb wouldn't be nearly as interesting.
    Judging by the last 2 expansions though, that's as much as you will get unfortunately, if they ever do introduce another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Judging by the last 2 expansions though, that's as much as you will get unfortunately, if they ever do introduce another class.
    I'd be fine with a generic story, so long as it was a new one. Some of the stories in SW:ToR may not be spectacular, but their presentation is great and none of them are bad, IMO.

I'd be fine with a generic story, so long as it was a new one. Some of the stories in SW:ToR may not be spectacular, but their presentation is great and none of them are bad, IMO.
    I am not fine if this game is purely sold on that nowadays (really, what other selling point there is for this expansion other than story?), but that's me and I can perfectly accept others being fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    I am not fine if this game is purely sold on that nowadays (really, what other selling point there is for this expansion other than story?), but that's me and I can perfectly accept others being fine with it.
    I enjoy the game and the game world immensely, so having any kind of excuse to go and be in it...that doesn't include mindless grinding or nauseatingly repeating 3+ year old content... I'm all for. I'm a very story-centric kind of gamer, but the game play has to be solid, and IMO SW:ToR has solid enough game play (despite it's sub optimal engine) and great story. The MMO aspects of this game have never been it's strong suite so I am OK with BioWare focusing on what they're good at (story experiences and single player games) while leaving enough social aspects to be fun to play with friends.