Poll: Who do you side with

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    In the movie and within a comic book super hero context, I sided with Cap. In real life though I would want accountability on these people and only have them acting when sanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Winter Soldier, buddy. Not civil war, he was already a violent criminal. When you kill people or insight massive violence and destruction, people become less interested why it happened just that it did happen
    I must have missed the court scene where he was put on trial. Plus at the time wasn't he working for shield, you know the governing body that would oversee the avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    In the movie and within a comic book super hero context, I sided with Cap. In real life though I would want accountability on these people and only have them acting when sanctioned.
    The shield carrier operation in Winter Soldier was a sanctioned move by multiply nations....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The shield carrier operation in Winter Soldier was a sanctioned move by multiply nations....

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I must have missed the court scene where he was put on trial.
    Ah so if you aren't put on trial and keep running from the law and killing people nobody can do anything to you. That must be his real super power .
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Captain America was right, I don't see how anyone can think its a good idea to hand control over to a government agency when the council (some sort of government) tried nuking NYC, and we already saw how easily HYDRA infiltrated everything. It's just a disaster waiting to happen between poor decision making and bad guys trying to do bad things having a big target.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I said within the context of the super hero setting I agreed with cap. The hellicarrier scenario falls into that. It's not realistic. I'm saying that in the real world I wouldn't want these people to be able to just do whatever they want with no oversight. But these comic book scenarios don't apply to the real world.

Ah so if you aren't put on trial and keep running from the law and killing people nobody can do anything to you. That must be his real super power .
    What would he be running from the law for? He was working for the same people that would oversee the avengers.

He sure wasn't. Maybe you need to watch the movies.

He sure wasn't. Maybe you need to watch the movies.
    Isn't Hydra controlled by SHIELD? The mission Bucky went missing on was the same one where they captured Arnim Zola and he developed and conducted the Winter Soldier's brain washing while in SHIELD. Did you miss the part in the Winter Soldier where they revealed SHIELD is HYDRA? Who was that guy ordering the Winter Soldier around in said movie? Was it not one of the heads of SHIELD?

Isn't Hydra controlled by SHIELD? The mission Bucky went missing on was the same one where they captured Arnim Zola and he developed and conducted the Winter Soldier's brain washing while in SHIELD. Did you miss the part in the Winter Soldier where they revealed SHIELD is HYDRA? Who was that guy ordering the Winter Soldier around in said movie? Was it not one of the heads of SHIELD?
    No it isn't. They didn't reveal SHIELD is Hydra, they revealed that Hydra had snuck into different posistions at SHIELD. None of that matters. Bucky doesn't get a pass on what he did based on who is bosses were or who told him to do what he did. You are clearly mixing things up at this point or so badly want Bucky to be the hero and victim at the same time that you will spin anything to support your fantasy.

No it isn't. They didn't reveal SHIELD is Hydra, they revealed that Hydra had snuck into different posistions at SHIELD. None of that matters. Bucky doesn't get a pass on what he did based on who is bosses were or who told him to do what he did. You are clearly mixing things up at this point or so badly want Bucky to be the hero and victim at the same time that you will spin anything to support your fantasy.
    I think you might be the one clearly mixing things up here.

No sure if anyone has pointed it out yet but in the meeting with Ross when the Accords are first presented, the video footage of the events of the first and second Avengers movies actually have a fatality count on the screens, and if I recall correctly deaths number between 200-300. That's far, far less than a Nuke being launched at NY which would have been the authorities solution to just ONE of the battles.

Its also worth noting that if the Avengers HADN'T been present in NY doing their frickin' job those numbers would have been far far higher, regardless of the Nuke option.

Cap all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I said within the context of the super hero setting I agreed with cap. The hellicarrier scenario falls into that. It's not realistic. I'm saying that in the real world I wouldn't want these people to be able to just do whatever they want with no oversight. But these comic book scenarios don't apply to the real world.
    And I'm saying that in the real world a decision or a oversight comity by nations that all have their self interest isn't really working either.

We have the UN security council for example, the permanent members have a free pass in whatever evil thing they do and nobody is able to stop them.

I think you might be the one clearly mixing things up here.
    You have flipped who is who and what is what. Good news if you keep spinning it more you will get it right sooner or later.

You have flipped who is who and what is what. Good news if you keep spinning it more you will get it right sooner or later.
    Maybe you should go back and watch the movies because you've provided nothing to back up your claims.

Maybe you should go back and watch the movies because you've provided nothing to back up your claims.
    Besides pointing out that you were mistaken multiple time only to have you come back over the top with more incorrect nonsense. You not knowing who was SHIELD and who was Hydra was a nice cherry on top though. Maybe the plot lines of the movies are just too complicated for you. It's okay the movie is geared towards children and can get pretty tricky with all the bright colors and explosions. Having you spew nonsense has been fun, but it is a waste of time, enjoy circling the drain.