Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why does blizzard make items/mounts and not put them ingame

Any idea why blizzard is doing this at all?
    They make recolors and items of things but never place them in the game for some reason.
    Is it really that hard to find a thing in this game to gate one of these rewards behind?
    We got an achievement system with not alot of rewards, a battlepet system with a few rewards, we got collection tab with a few rewards, we had 2 worldbosses in WoD without a mount drop what makes then abandoned, so why not use them.
    We get a transmog system in Legion and all i saw was a title reward for it nothing of recolor tier sets even when they are alrdy made and ready to go?

So any idea what makes them think we got these rewards made, you know what? we dont use them.

wth is that first one!! its like some weird fel steed imbued with pally holy light! /take my money blizz

Some of those sets are meh, but damn that blue pally set! why, why is it not in /cry

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called concepts, something thrown on the board to be used, saved or scrapped. Things doesn't always get added, many times because a lot of other things in the same category has been added.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, would like the Blue Warrior Bucket set, and the Storm Crow, amazed that you didn't link the most awesome, non-added mount ever..

The Sky Claw..

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because they can

A lot of times, they seem to make a model and a bunch of recolors all at once and then only release one. They usually eventually release the others, but sometimes, like with the golden dreadsteed, they never do (and considering it's been in the game files since classic, I doubt they ever will).

They even do it for armor sets as well. The blue Firelands tier set that Maladaar wears is a good example of "WHY DID YOU NOT LET US OBTAIN THAT SEVERAL YEARS AGO", not to mention the recolors of the challenge mode sets that were mysteriously unused. The icons of the paladin CM armor is actually the red/black recolor, implying they might've intended it to be that version until a last-second reconsider to the gold/blue variant.

Having a picture of it or a few frames is not the same as making it. They end up having to spend hundreds of man hours on each mount to capture all the pixels moving and from each angle to cut on clipping and other issue. They released a video showing what went into making the sky golem mount. The first mount looks unfinished even for it just being a 2d picture. The 2nd one is very close to the rare spawn mount in WoD and the other is just like the rune saber.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Having a picture of it or a few frames is not the same as making it. They end up having to spend hundreds of man hours on each mount to capture all the pixels moving and from each angle to cut on clipping and other issue. They released a video showing what went into making the sky golem mount. The first mount looks unfinished even for it just being a 2d picture. The 2nd one is very close to the rare spawn mount in WoD and the other is just like the rune saber.
    Completely wrong.
    The reason these pictures even exist is because they are already in the game and were datamined from the game files.

Also for 99.99% of mounts, they re-use the skeleton of another mount, which means all they have to do is add a skin to it. The sky golem is in that 0.01% because it has animations that weren't previously used in other mount skeletons.
    Last edited by barial; 2016-04-23 at 08:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Stormcrow was added as the reward for getting 600 pets, although I kinda hope it'll be added as a mount in some capacity. Maybe a Shaman-type mount?
    The ones from http://www.warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php that I'd like to see added are the Green Flametalon and the Chimaera mount. The flametalon would surely make sense to be added in Legion, what with the Fel theme coming back to assault our senses.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The Stormcrow was added as the reward for getting 600 pets, although I kinda hope it'll be added as a mount in some capacity. Maybe a Shaman-type mount?
    The ones from http://www.warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php that I'd like to see added are the Green Flametalon and the Chimaera mount. The flametalon would surely make sense to be added in Legion, what with the Fel theme coming back to assault our senses.
    Stormwing is the pet, Stormcrow is the mount that they added to the game but never gave us a way to obtain it.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Stormwing is the pet, Stormcrow is the mount that they added to the game but never gave us a way to obtain it.
    Ah yeah. I like the look, but we need it as a mount!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Completely wrong.
    The reason these pictures even exist is because they are already in the game and were datamined from the game files.

Also for 99.99% of mounts, they re-use the skeleton of another mount, which means all they have to do is add a skin to it. The sky golem is in that 0.01% because it has animations that weren't previously used in other mount skeletons.
    That is not completely true. Some of the stuff we get is from data mining some is just the picture we see. To think or act like it can only be fully completely stuff is insane. Even if it was all data mined from ptr or beta servers that content is also not completed yet. Even if and when they do use skeletons from other mounts or creatures as a template they have to finish the product so it doesn't clip or spell effects work at all angles. As for the armor it is as simple as just changing the color scheme most times. Make all the red # 18 blue # 21. That isn't the case for the mounts though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I still pine for the pink and purple hippogryph they added for the Cenarion Expedition way back in BC but never made its way into player hands.

Deleted
    Oh yes, I'd love to see some of the not (yet) implemented Sets/Mounts. Like the MoP CM Sets which had at least 2-3 Variations for every Set. Some of them even looked really really fancy.

Recolors are one thing, tey might be just too boring and not different enough from the version already in the game. But when Blizzard just doesn't implement original and unique models, it's strange. Maybe in Legion, with Wardrobe function, they'll get around and start doing something cool with it with new rewards like these:

I kind of wish they added reskins but meh its sort of whatever.

Reminds me of something somebody said in an interview about character creation in Overwatch. They said some were based on ideas about specific people, others were based on needed skill sets and then there was a third one. (the one that's pertinent to this conversation)

The third option was that the graphical artist made the assets first and then the rest of the team came up with the rest. My guess is something similar happens with the WoW art team making a whole lot of general assets for the rest of the team to work with. (and they just don't use everything)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Reminds me of something somebody said in an interview about character creation in Overwatch. They said some were based on ideas about specific people, others were based on needed skill sets and then there was a third one. (the one that's pertinent to this conversation)

The third option was that the graphical artist made the assets first and then the rest of the team came up with the rest. My guess is something similar happens with the WoW art team making a whole lot of general assets for the rest of the team to work with. (and they just don't use everything)
    But then they have used the same one model for multiple items. Such as ulduar swords all had one model while in the files, also can be found on the web now, there were unused looks they could've simply given to those swords. Its ludacris to not use them even in a quest reward if they're there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odelius View Post
    Its ludacris to not use them even in a quest reward if they're there.
    Idd, i also find it a waist of dev time.
    Ok sometimes blizzard makes choises what they find the best fitting in color for a raid or patch.
    But when we now get a transmog system where we will go back in masses to collect old tier sets/ and weapons i find it only logical to reward transmog collectors with transmog items.

But currently on the alpha i the transmog system working, they add a title for those that collect 25 of each itemslot and done.(you will get that most likely by questing rewards not even effort takes it)
    I always thought when they get it in they do it right with thing of collect full tier1 set (expamle mage: you will see on a vendor recolor of that set ect)

But also we got like 3 recolors of the skeletal raptors, we got nothing for archaeology in WoD and i still wonder why they did not even use 1 of them like they did for fishing.

I just hope blizzard will look into a few aspacts of this game and just gate a reward behind it even when its a old model never used.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-04-24 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Concepts that are in the code of the game but not implemented gameplay wise I guess.