Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fyy0r View Post
    You preface the poll with Blizzards response to vanilla servers and the Nostalrius issue, and then you offer the poll asking people to vote for whether or not they want Pristine servers. I can't help but think you might have confused people who just skimmed over the blue post. I think many people might be voting thinking "pristine" servers = vanilla servers, when thats not the case. Might have been better to re-word the poll.
    Not getting the results you expected? Must change the poll!

You missed your calling... you should go into law.

Completely ignoring the legacy servers are notihng like pristine servers thing.

I think a better poll would be yes pristine as they describe, yes pristine with many more modifications (with a thread to post your thoughts in), and no pristine.

Currently, the suggestion seems to be in a very early brainstorm stage, and honestly their suggestion seems stupid when you consider how much of the game is built around the systems and the fact that just cutting them out doesn't make the server any more hardcore. They'd need to redo a lot of the game and it's scaling in my opinion for me to play said servers. I'm sure many others would agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how the poll is phrased, it is not going to be able to overcome the problem of people who don't want to read things.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No matter how the poll is phrased, it is not going to be able to overcome the problem of people who don't want to read things.
    Exactly. Hardly MMO-Champs fault if people are too lazy - or unable - to read through a bit of text.

Quote Originally Posted by tasuyoshi View Post
    I read it and to be honest it's better than nothing right.
    Not really, removing a stack of features you don't have to use anyway (Pristine) <> Questing and levelling in the original world (Vanilla).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Indeed, however it is common expectation that a poll presented with an article relates to the article. In this case they do not relate entirely.

I would have made the poll include three options for Vanilla, Pristine and Neither or something along those lines. That would have served two purposes, got a feel for Pristine vs vanilla and clarified that Vanilla and Pristine are distinctly different choices.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fyy0r View Post
    You preface the poll with Blizzards response to vanilla servers and the Nostalrius issue, and then you offer the poll asking people to vote for whether or not they want Pristine servers. I can't help but think you might have confused people who just skimmed over the blue post. I think many people might be voting thinking "pristine" servers = vanilla servers, when thats not the case. Might have been better to re-word the poll.
    Uhm, no? I actually read the post.. and still voted for the Pristine server..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mine is better:

"Would you play on an official legacy server or pristine realm?"

"1) I would play on a legacy server"
    "2) I would play on a pristine realm"
    "3) I would play on both"
    "4) I am not interested in either one"

Took 2 mins, much better and would give more accurate results with no confusion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So many fresh accounts whining about vanilla servers and taking the piss on solutions offered by Blizz these days. Sad yet at the same time ...bittersweetly... funny.