Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I only report bots and afk'ers

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they're finally going to be a lot more active, as of 6 hours ago, about policing the game more.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20758356169

Remains to be seen of course, but hey, hoping it stems the tide of douchebaggery all around.

If Blizzard hasn't almost 100% automated the report function I'll eat my hat.

Report every time anyone does the slightest shitty thing, it takes probably less than a second; certainly no more than 5. Once they have the requisite number of flags they'll get muted or suspended.

Its just too easy to not
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I spit blood and gore if there is a dps only laning or a healer dpsing... never got a ban for it. Think sometimes this behaviour is acceptable... if someone willingly throws the game every f.. suits perfectly.

The system does not work imho... silence ok. Does not help much. We need bans... bans for afk... bans for kill feeding... bans for picking a class everybody was against.

System does not work at all imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Looks like they're finally going to be a lot more active, as of 6 hours ago, about policing the game more.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20758356169

Remains to be seen of course, but hey, hoping it stems the tide of douchebaggery all around.
    But this is only for Overwatch, this don't affect HOTS ya know?

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a really disgusting display of asinine behavior to get me to report someone. I'm not talking about bad plays, or feeding, or any of that shit. I'm talking about the way people talk to each other. That is always worth reporting. And I only report AFK when the person is going out of their way to not participate; something like "just let them win" comes to mind.

Because, even if you don't personally see the penalty happen, it adds up. If one person per game reports them, twenty games later they'll have twenty reports.

Yeah it works, I got banned many times myself (my last ban was 1 month long). I also had 3 silences reverted after contacting blizzard, because the mute thing happens automatically on the basis on the amount of reports.

Blizzard is also very harsh on what they deem "abusive chat". When they ban you they send you this email that basically says that if you get reported a lot you deserve the ban, because in the end it's players who decide what is abusive and what is not. When I appealed my last silence, blizzard quoted some really mild stuff I said like "omg, why you did that", "wow that was bad", etc. and said he can't cancel my silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    But this is only for Overwatch, this don't affect HOTS ya know?
    DOooooooooooh, wrong forum. :P

But hey, maybe it could always extend to there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    - Thought that Nova + Abathur is a cool idea.
    That really isn't Cool .. 2 less bodies , 3v5 confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

Last night I was playing a game with this Diamond Players (Scums)
    I was playing Illidan (In QM ofc) I told the team not to engage directly , Then we have Garrosh going in 1v5 And at the end all of this Diamond idiots say "Nice damage Illidan" , Damage was : 85k Siege damage (Most siege damage) , 26k Hero damage + Highest exp soaked
    Point is : The Higher the Rank , The more the Salt

10+ Year Old Account
    I use report only to block people, since blocklist is too short.

Deleted
    Considering I play very toxic if my team dies +5 times within 3 minute mark, no it doesn't work. I think I get reported 15-20 times on average every day and I've yet to be silenced or banned since beta. If my team doesn't bother to play I won't either and I click enemy core while I'm watching Netflix. If they go out of their way to ruin my game I'll do the same for them.

I'm just gold 1 or something, so no need to point out I'm shit player...I know I'm mediocre at best skillwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If Blizzard hasn't almost 100% automated the report function I'll eat my hat.

Report every time anyone does the slightest shitty thing, it takes probably less than a second; certainly no more than 5. Once they have the requisite number of flags they'll get muted or suspended.

Its just too easy to not
    You are free to keep reporting, but as I said...but I start feeding, I state in chat that I will start feeding and that every single person is free to report me (I even advice them to take a screenshot if they want to take it that far). Not once have I been silenced or suspended.

I think the only time I hear people are being suspended is when they are racist or abusive in chat. Don't use bad words in chat and your free to be as toxic as you like.

They've done two ban waves in the past two weeks, so it seems they're stepping it up.