Looking for Brewmaster tips for HFC mythic

Is there around here some short guide for monk tanks in HFC that isn't 400 pages of discussion?

I have a 13/13 mythic Hunter and Prot Pala and I was looking for something like Azortharion pdf for Hunters or threads like this for Paladin tank: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thic-HFC-Guide

Don't know if something like this exist for Monk so I can quickly adapt to playing another class?

Brewmaster is my alt that I play in guild alt runs and now that we started taking them a bit more seriously I thought I need to start taking my monk more seriously too instead of going with generic talents and such.

I remember some thread with specific tips but can't remember where did I see it anymore, and can't remember most tips except things like "use diffuse magic on council to cheese mark", I'm looking for things like these. Sometimes I find a cool tip like recently about using statue to pick add on Gorefiend but these things are scattered around specific threads.

The "simple questions simple answers" thread seems to be dead? Last post was from previous year... Otherwise I would post there.

Recently I started wondering for example:

1. where can I even use Zen Meditation? Since it breaks from melee so in most tanking scenarios it'll break

2. where I should be using diffuse magic over dampen harm (since dampen harm supposedly works on magic damage too?), for example which one for xul green add tanking?

3. which is my off tier BIS piece? I currently use gorefiend chest but that's because I don't own the tier chest

4. is it worth using loom trinket on any boss? I have mythic anzu, hc killrogg, normal blademaster (I used it on assault and iskar only, should I use it anywhere else?) and hc class trinket but it didn't seem amazing to me (I tried to use it in mythic dungeon expecting a lot of dps and it didn't deliver)

5. does xuen taunt adds? for example can I use him on killrogg add tanking or will it turn the add around and savage strike the whole melee team?

Deleted
    1. where can I even use Zen Meditation? Since it breaks from melee so in most tanking scenarios it'll break
    Iron Reaver, Kormrok (if you have to soak runes), Gorefiend after the tankadd died, you have stacks and not tanking the boss, Anzu if targeted by chakram, Socrethar to soak a 6 stack Blow, Zakuun for soaking waves, Xhul'horac for a Blast, Mannoroth's Massive Blast, Archimonde's initial hit from a deathcaller and a few seconds of the dot and to reduce damage of Source of Chaos/Movement Pattern.

2. where I should be using diffuse magic over dampen harm (since dampen harm supposedly works on magic damage too?), for example which one for xul green add tanking?
    The only boss i use Dampen Harn is Velhari, maybe Zakuun if you are undergeared. At all other bosses DM is way stronger.

3. which is my off tier BIS piece? I currently use gorefiend chest but that's because I don't own the tier chest
    If you play on massive survivability you take Reaver leggins. The better your gear (and the better you play) you go more and more on crit.
    As soon as you go crit you either take Xhul'horac head or Mannoroth legs, whatever have more iLv relative to the setpiece.

4. is it worth using loom trinket on any boss? I have mythic anzu, hc killrogg, normal blademaster (I used it on assault and iskar only, should I use it anywhere else?) and hc class trinket but it didn't seem amazing to me
    Velhari/Mannoroth/Xhul'horac are great bosses for heirloom because they are either demons or have a demonic add that deals a huge amount of damage.
    E.g. at Mannoroth you don't need any Guard/External for your Glaive > Blast comb with BoA trinket.
    Anzu mythic is a great trinket for survival and damage. The only bosses i used it Kil'rogg was Velhari, Xhul'horac, Mannoroth and Archimnonde (it completely negates the Deathcaller) during progression.
    I guess Iskar M is a bit better then Blademaster NH DPS wise on ST...But you should sim that.
    Survival wise it's allways Iskar > Blade.

I tried to use it in mythic dungeon expecting a lot of dps and it didn't deliver
    Classtrinket is only worth in 745+ with a huge amount of gear and a lot of crit.

5. does xuen taunt adds? for example can I use him on killrogg add tanking or will it turn the add around and savage strike the whole melee team?
    Gosh, no. They fixed that a long time ago.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-04-28 at 02:36 PM.

Misume's guide has boss guides. Keep in mind that it was written before valor upgrades.

Zen Med can be used in lots of places. Artillery on Reaver. While sitting in a crushing hand on Kormrok. For riding out the fire dot after spirit dies on Gorefiend. Void/Fel strikes on Xhul. Massive Blast on Mannoroth. Initial hit of Death Brand, and soaking fire if for some reason you're still doing that job on Archi. The key comes down to timing it properly.

Diffuse is great on several fights. On Council it can completely remove Mark without it bouncing. Fire dot from spirit on Gorefiend. Excellent for Void/Gaze overlap on Xhul. Great if you take a Massive Blast to lightning pillar on Manno, if you don't Dampen works well too. Excellent for Death Brand. I think most of the other fights I take Dampen Harm.

Archi Gloves are the "best" offpiece.

Heirloom trinket can be handy for things like taking a full combo from Mannoroth etc. I've never found a need to use it though. Anzu + Kilrogg are your 2 basic defensives, Anzu + Mirror is a pretty safe defense/offense combo for pretty much every fight. Your normal Mirror will be fine, the spinners don't scale between versions and are based on your stats alone. Even on single target it's going to be comparable to something like Soul Cap. Soul cap can RNG higher, but it can also RNG lower. Class trinket is iffy, even with a Mythic one, and requires some management to get the most out of it.

Turn Xuen taunt off and forget that he even has it. It's a DPS cooldown, using him to tank berserkers will just get him killed before he's done anything.
    Last edited by Evolved; 2016-04-28 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Archi Gloves are the "best" offpiece.
    I have to contradict you. The gloves are just better if they have a socket/are wf. In other cases Xhul Head/Manno Legs are better especially if you're running a crit build. But the differences are really, really small.

It's more about the fact that the Tier gloves are tied with the shoulders for worst piece for survivability and Archi gloves are higher item level than any alternative shoulders you can get. No sense reinventing the BiS list.

The reality is that it's not going to make much difference. Some of us don't wear any of the tier.

Deleted
    It's more about the fact that the Tier gloves are tied with the shoulders for worst piece for survivability and Archi gloves are higher item level than any alternative shoulders you can get. No sense reinventing the BiS list.
    Survivability wise, yes, but who's playing complete defensive with 740+ make some things wrong.

Some of us don't wear any of the tier.
    Pretty much this.

Thanks guys for fast replies.

And I had no idea diffuse is that much better than dampen harm...