1. #2141
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Have you ever tracked someone?
    Irrelevant. We're not talking bent twigs or footprints. (Something you can't do on horseback)
    We're talking fabricated nonsense meant to diminish a character that was an experienced tracker for decades for as long as he's been fighting the Shadow. And why on earth would you imagine that Lan, who has been Moiraine's warder for years wouldn't know how to track her? Especially after she just simply told him where she was going to begin with?

    Why the hell are you defending such utter stupidity of a script?

    It seems that Rafe is likely realizing the poor logic and writing and is doing damage control.
    That the next season leans more on Moiraine means he wants Rosamund Pike's name front and center. I'm guessing name recognition counts more to him than the books. But the utter stupidity of his writing choices can't be overlooked. Rafe's lack of experience has proven itself. It needs no more reinforcement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    But what do we know! Its just likes the books! Link. Mech Sedai! Grow! Boom Bam!The end. Ty mam! I think Show will end in next season when All Aes Sedai will link to create a Mecha Sedai that will nuke universe!
    Hmm..if Nynaeve finds the access key to the female Choedan Kal...it'll be your fault!


  2. #2142
    Stood in the Fire Mazza's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    the land of beer, chocolate and waffles
    Posts
    456
    After finishing season 1:

    If I forget this is supposed to be an adaptation of WoT: 5 out of 10 maybe 6 if I am being really generous. It's brain dead entertainment.

    If I remember this is supposed to be an adaptation? Giving a positive number would be overdoing it. Rafe Judkins did NOT understand the assignment and should not be let near any popular IP ever again.

  3. #2143
    It's not like he had a stellar resume to begin with.
    At this point I'd wonder how he convinced Amazon he could do the job...

  4. #2144
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    At this point I'd wonder how he convinced Amazon he could do the job...
    "I've got three words for you: Game. Of. Thrones."

  5. #2145
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "I've got three words for you: Game. Of. Thrones."
    I see where that goes but it just doesn't work for me.

  6. #2146
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I see where that goes but it just doesn't work for me.
    You really don't think he used GoT's success to hang his WoT pitch on? I mean, we'll likely never know for sure, but it seems a SUPER likely scenario to me.

  7. #2147
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You really don't think he used GoT's success to hang his WoT pitch on? I mean, we'll likely never know for sure, but it seems a SUPER likely scenario to me.
    I think its more of a question "Why did they think Rafe could deliver on that?"

    Amazon (Bezos) wants his own version of Game of Thrones. That is not in dispute. Why they thought Rafe could deliver that. I would have thought with the kind of money Amazon can throw around they would have hired someone with at least a few wins under their belt. Rafe has basically nothing. He worked on a few shows, none of them particularly good or strong. No hits among them.

    Why give him this show? Your guess is as good as mine.



    Though checking his imdb, it does reinforce something I suspected. I saw Spiderman and saw Uncharted for previews. I don't mind Tom Holland, but he is so out of place for that movie that I was wondering. Sure enough, Rafe is involved with that. No seeing that pile of garbage then.



    Thanks Wheel of Time, at the very least you've shown me someone to avoid anything they are involved in.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Last night I was thinking about this show and feeling really jealous of my wife. Her favorite series is Harry Potter (yea yea) and she constantly rewatches those movies to the point where even I know most of them. Sure, they aren't exact replicas of the book, but they were taken such care of when making the movies that nearly every book fan I know loves and appreciates those movies.

    Made me very jealous. Nobody is going to rewatch this show over and over again as a comforting "that thing I love". It made me sad.


    Sigh.

  8. #2148
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The thing is in the show she didn't just track him she pulled a weapon on him. In the book she tracks him and stays in a stand of trees to listen to Lan and Moiraine and then Moiraine noticed her because she could channel. This doesn't completely neuter Lan like pulling a weapon him does. The thing is she already did this early on why is there a need to drag Lan down further?
    And he also easily took the weapon from her and tied her up. He wasn't neutered in that scene or the original one discussed. For someone that says I'm moving goal posts you keep bringing up different scenes then the topic was discussed. The desperation you are projecting is your own lol.

    I never said linking can touch the Choedan Kal in terms of power. I said Rand and Nynaeve used it when linked because it requires both a male and female to access. Hence the two statues lol. We don't know the power level of those Lews wanted to use but we do know that Nyneave is stronger then a few of the forsaken. Also I'm not sure why you keep ignoring that an accepted doesn't need to know how to nuke if linked. How many times do you need to be told that only the leader of the circle needs to know how to weave? That is from the books. You can refuse to accept it all you want but it just shows how you'll ignore the books when ever you want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Nynaeve very strong..VERY STRONG! Link super powerful! Book stupid! There..
    There are only 7 known women stronger then Nyneave in the books. Stop letting your hate blind you to simple facts provided by the books. The Wheel of Time companion is "cannon" and gave a scale of power. https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/One_Power#Scales_of_Power

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    You left out very important details to make your case stronger - in the books they were losing the war of the shadow and the strike on Shayol Ghul was largely a success - in the TV show it's always been portrayed as a complete failure.
    The show never said the last dragon failed. Only that in sealing the dark one the male half was tainted and the world broke. It was partially a failure just like in the books but the dragon still succeeded in sealing the dark one away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We're talking fabricated nonsense meant to diminish a character that was an experienced tracker for decades for as long as he's been fighting the Shadow.
    Have you read the books? She was able to track Lan in the books. So either way he failed at tracking and was bested by a backwoods wisdom. I'm not defending the script. I'm defending your stupid complaints when the very thing you are whining about is in the books. So the same flaw as the books is to be praised in the books but is simple character bashing and stupidity in the show.

    Looks like the person you really want to bash is Robert Jordan for having Lan be bested by a woman wisdom.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #2149
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Have you read the books?
    "Tracking tell" are the words used in the show. Which are fabricated nonsense that you're defending. If you think such stupidity is in the book then you obviously haven't read it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Well, congrats, you are now the one that screwed it up.
    That certainly didn't age well.

  10. #2150
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "Tracking tell" are the words used in the show. Which are fabricated nonsense that you're defending. If you think such stupidity is in the book then you obviously haven't read it.
    Lmao. What do you think Nynaeve used to follow Lan in the books? His tracks that he was obviously hiding/minimizing and thought no one would be able to use to follow them. She found a tell and used it to track them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #2151
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lmao. What do you think Nynaeve used to follow Lan in the books? His tracks that he was obviously hiding/minimizing and thought no one would be able to use to follow them. She found a tell and used it to track them.
    Holy shit..you are fucking clueless as to what a "tell" is.

    Hint: it has absofuckinglutely nothing to do with tracking.

  12. #2152
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And he also easily took the weapon from her and tied her up.
    I get that you really like this show and everyone bashing it is making you upset, but you are making arguments to the books or companion books and that is quite disingeneous. The show, as you have already pointed out numerous times, is not the books and should not be held to the standard that the books set. Comparing the show to the books simply doesn't work, so trying to use them to support what the show does means you'd have to accept that negatives the show has compared to the books as well. You can't have it both ways.

    Nynaeve is not shown in the show to have a reason why she is such an amazing tracker. She just "is". Its explained at best in a quick "well the former wisdom taught her", which.... ok.... its a bit hand-wavy and not well thought out, but its there. People are upset that she HAD an explanation in the books for why she was a good tracker, and the show took that out (even though it would not have had to explain it any more than it did) for what looks like it amounts to "was taught by a man, have to change that". Nynaeve backstory changes feel weird to people and very "why did you do this".

    She should be a good tracker, but it feels less earned in the show. Maybe not to YOU, but obviously to enough other people that there is a reason. The fact that you don't seem to understand that makes it feel more like you are letting "hate blind you" to the relative obvious. The show puts men in a very bad light or omits them at nearly every turn. Why? Not sure. Alot of posters seem to think its basically misandry, but whether its that or simply poor writing, the changes are pretty starkly obvious and THERE in the script.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There are only 7 known women stronger then Nyneave in the books. Stop letting your hate blind you to simple facts provided by the books. The Wheel of Time companion is "cannon" and gave a scale of power. https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/One_Power#Scales_of_Power
    Again, using the source material to defend something that doesn't. If we are going by the books, Nynaeve cannot link and none of them can channel enough of the One Power yet to do what they did. They are all novices in literally fact. Nynaeve will BE one of the most powerful female channelers in the world, however at this time in the story, she definitely is NOT. She is potential, which is earned in the story and she becomes the kind of powerhouse that Rand can rely on to help him cleanse the taint, but she isn't there at this point.

    But, the show isn't relying on the books, so whatever, she can just do it cause Rafe wants her to at this point. No better or justified reason. He wants the girls to be awesome, for whatever the reason, so they are, logic be damned.




    And again, sorry you seem to love this show when everyone else thinks its crap. I'm sure that's tough. However, stop treating people like they are objecting to it for bad or evil reasons. They don't like the show, you do. Unless you like this show because you hate men and think Robert Jordan was a horribly person, maybe stop assuming stuff like that about others. It makes you seem like you're objecting to keep the focus off you. Whenever you call someone a name, I just assume you are the thing you are ascribing to others (think catholic priests yelling about queers while in bathroom stalls with guys).

  13. #2153
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Holy shit..you are fucking clueless as to what a "tell" is. Hint: it has absofuckinglutely nothing to do with tracking.
    So the specific way a person hides their tracks isn't a tell? Lmao.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    But, the show isn't relying on the books, so whatever, she can just do it cause Rafe wants her to at this point. No better or justified reason. He wants the girls to be awesome, for whatever the reason, so they are, logic be damned.
    So you ignore how awesome she was in the books just so you can hate about her being awesome with the same thing on the show? Okay. Totally not a hateful viewpoint. That is the point. You, and others, are hating on something that is supported by the books. If the show is wrong for doing it then so are the books, right? If the books are right why is the show wrong? There are plenty of actual changes between the books and the shows that you don't need to hate similar things just because.

    You are using double standards to attack one but not the other. That is what I'm pointing out and you and others keep moving the goal posts to different arguments and things. If you are using double standards and not attacking the same thing when it exists in the books then you are hating just for the sake of hating. And I'll call people out for doing just that.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-12-25 at 05:29 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #2154
    Still have no idea why i should be emotionally attached to any of these characters.

    I dont get how they made a worse TV show with a bigger budget. GoT did less with more and looks better. GoT hooked me when the first 15 mins came out as a preview and prompted me to borrow the books from my brother and read them before it premiered.

    I'm done rambling.

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  15. #2155
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the specific way a person hides their tracks isn't a tell? Lmao.
    You really are special...but no.
    Eye contact, licking lips, nervous talk, hand clenching, or flexing..shaking. Head tilting..all behavioral signs...or commonly referred to as "tells."

    Now I'm sure you'll go through all kinds of leaps and stretches of logic to connect your...whatever so it makes sense to you. But taken all things into consideration it doesn't. But then you've decided to forget what actually happened in the show to justify the stupid writing.

  16. #2156
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Eye contact, licking lips, nervous talk, hand clenching, or flexing..shaking. Head tilting..all behavioral signs...or commonly referred to as "tells."
    The signs and behaviors that leave behind something to track can be called a tell as well. It is hilarious that your entire objection is around the world tell rather then the act they were conveying. That they are bashing a male character because of the word tell. Rather then because a female character can follow tracks that he couldn't.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #2157
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The show never said the last dragon failed. Only that in sealing the dark one the male half was tainted and the world broke. It was partially a failure just like in the books but the dragon still succeeded in sealing the dark one away.
    The first lines of the first episode of show say that arrogant men tried to cage darkness, then "when they failed..." then goes on to describe the breaking. Then it says the women were left to pick up the pieces. This focus on the women as the good guys and men as bad has been bludgeoned onto us from the first moments of the show. It's not subtle.

    And yeah, you're 100% wrong when you say they never said the last dragon failed.

    In the books, the men were largely successful - they DID cage the dark one, but the cost was that the male half of the source was tainted. It's not a subtle difference in any way.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-12-25 at 05:58 PM.

  18. #2158
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The signs and behaviors that leave behind something to track can be called a tell as well.
    I find it hilarious that you think it was relevant to begin with and decided to forget what actually happened in the show...to claim it was relevant to begin with.
    Because that's exactly how the few left have been "enjoying" the show. Forget select things about the show so they can like the rest of it.

  19. #2159
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you ignore how awesome she was in the books just so you can hate about her being awesome with the same thing on the show? Okay. Totally not a hateful viewpoint. That is the point. You, and others, are hating on something that is supported by the books. If the show is wrong for doing it then so are the books, right? If the books are right why is the show wrong? There are plenty of actual changes between the books and the shows that you don't need to hate similar things just because.

    You are using double standards to attack one but not the other. That is what I'm pointing out and you and others keep moving the goal posts to different arguments and things. If you are using double standards and not attacking the same thing when it exists in the books then you are hating just for the sake of hating. And I'll call people out for doing just that.
    Gotcha. You're upset and screeching about hate. I suppose you are the type of person this show is catering to.

    Hope it lasts for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    Still have no idea why i should be emotionally attached to any of these characters.

    I dont get how they made a worse TV show with a bigger budget. GoT did less with more and looks better. GoT hooked me when the first 15 mins came out as a preview and prompted me to borrow the books from my brother and read them before it premiered.

    I'm done rambling.
    I'm re-watching Game of Thrones now. Amazingly the first few episodes are very light on action and yet you get interested in the plot really fast.

  20. #2160
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    And yeah, you're 100% wrong when you say they never said the last dragon failed. In the books, the men were largely successful - they DID cage the dark one, but the cost was that the male half of the source was tainted. It's not a subtle difference in any way.
    So if the male power was tainted and the world broke they didn't fail? That is a success? The men were just as successful on the show as they were in the books. Lews was arrogant in the books which is why a split started to form in the Hall of Servants and why he did his plan with out full support anyways. Were the Women Aes Sedi not left to pick up the pieces in the book as well?

    The books always focused on women Aes Sedai being good and Male Aes Sedai being bad. I think you might have read a knock off copy of the books if you never picked up on that theme before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Gotcha. You're upset and screeching about hate. I suppose you are the type of person this show is catering to.
    So anyone who doesn't like ignorant hate is upset and screeching? Lmao.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I find it hilarious that you think it was relevant to begin with and decided to forget what actually happened in the show...to claim it was relevant to begin with. Because that's exactly how the few left have been "enjoying" the show. Forget select things about the show so they can like the rest of it.
    So Nyneave tracking Lan isn't relevant to people whining that Nyneave knew how to track something Lan could not? The only ones forgetting select things are those who are hating on everything done. Which is why I brought up how Nyneave bested Lan at tracking in the books so her doing so on the show isn't silly.

    There are plenty of other things to complain about then things that are similar to the books. Why fight so hard to defend a complaint the books don't support?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-12-25 at 06:08 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •