1. #2701
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I will admit that observing the ratings slowly trickle down, down, down fills me with schadenfreude.
    I will enjoy that feeling when I hear of its cancellation in the coming months.

  2. #2702
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I will enjoy that feeling when I hear of its cancellation in the coming months.
    We know it was greenlit for a second season before they even pushed the first one out the door, so we will likely get season 2 just because they have probably already sunk money into production on that. The big question is if it lasts beyond that. I predict that as soon as the LoTR series hits screens, amazon will quietly kill WoT.

  3. #2703
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    We know it was greenlit for a second season before they even pushed the first one out the door, so we will likely get season 2 just because they have probably already sunk money into production on that. The big question is if it lasts beyond that. I predict that as soon as the LoTR series hits screens, amazon will quietly kill WoT.
    Yea... I heard Rafe & Co. are almost finished with the 2nd season. And it's supposed to start with Moiraine dealing with being stilled.
    You're probably right about the show getting quietly dropped after lotr series. They're going to hit the ground running with that... And Amazon needs to make that a success.

  4. #2704
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    This is just utter nonsense. There are more viewers of the tv show because more people watch tv. That’s it. Every one of your proofs is ridiculous and nonsensical.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This guy is worse that Rhorle, it’s like arguing with a baby who thinks he’s a genius.
    So exactly like talking with Rhorle are we sure they didn't make an alt since too many people put them on ignore?

  5. #2705
    The Patient Mazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    the land of beer, chocolate and waffles
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So exactly like talking with Rhorle are we sure they didn't make an alt since too many people put them on ignore?
    They both joined over 10 years ago, seems rather unprobable tbh

  6. #2706
    Have you miserable people finally accepted the "ultra feminist leftist agenda" into your hearts yet? It is truly the only way forward, and the Wheel of time series is trailblazing in that aspect. Again, perfect adaptation.

    I do love that you've devolved to the point of people totally being alt accounts or paid shills. Impotent nerd rage truly is a pathetic sight to behold.

  7. #2707
    I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.

  8. #2708
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the tv series had a very coherent narrative and someone who has no knowledge of the books can follow it just fine.
    I've never read the books and the story felt like falling out of a window face first - I just hit plot point after plot point with increasing speed and decreasing clarity. I wouldn't say it was at all coherent, with straight up cinematic retcons to Rand three quarters through.

  9. #2709
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.
    Wouldn’t this be a bad title to take given that in the end the white clocks came around and starting binding with the sisters?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  10. #2710
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    It is NOT the same story because those things you claim to be minor adaptations are all but minor. For fuck sake, Rafe even based the ending of his first season on the actual last battle in the LAST BOOK. That alone is a massive change and it isn't even the biggest one
    It is the same story, the main things play out in a similar way its just the route is different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    This is just utter nonsense. There are more viewers of the tv show because more people watch tv. That’s it. Every one of your proofs is ridiculous and nonsensical.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This guy is worse that Rhorle, it’s like arguing with a baby who thinks he’s a genius.
    You are the one talking nonsense stating that the show is bad, its just plain BS because you are a fan of the books and any deviation to them is bad no matter what to you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What the fuck insanity is this?

    The Wheel of Time is a very specific thing: It's a work of fiction telling a specific story by the author Robert Jordan. It has specific characters, specific plot developments, specific settings and lore.

    Randomly slapping the name on something and calling it "Wheel of Time" the TV series when said TV series makes MASSIVE changes to the characters, lore, settings, and plot and then trying to argue that it is somehow ok to conflate the two is the height of absurdity.

    If it isn't closely following the original source, it doesn't deserve to be called "Wheel of Time", and the TV series has straight up butchered the source.
    The wheel of time is its own world with all its lore and characters, so a writer can use that world and make thier own story with the same world and characters and do it any way they want. It doesnt need to follow the book story to be called the wheel of time, when it uses the same world, characters and reference points.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #2711
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wouldn’t this be a bad title to take given that in the end the white clocks came around and starting binding with the sisters?
    I think you mean the "black coats." (asha'man)


  12. #2712
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    viewing numbers put the series at least 19 million viewers so far

    What in the world are you smoking? Are you adding up the total minutes divided by 60 and not dividing further by episode number? Also that is assuming everyone finished the entire book series I am talking purely about eye of the world
    What are you smoking, the show has been out a while and more and more watch the series, the numbers dont just stop. Plus it only counted the US data what about the rest of the world.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-01-06 at 04:01 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #2713
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think you mean the "black coats." (asha'man)
    Ah your right the white clocks just join them for the final battle.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  14. #2714
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What are you smoking, the show has been out a while and more and more watch the series, the numbers dont just stop. Plus it only counted the US data what about the rest of the world.
    Numbers which haven't been reported which you for some reason assume have exponentially increased.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.
    Did the moron actually use that term I was under the impression only the most delusional of the defenders online were using that.

  15. #2715
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post



    You are the one talking nonsense stating that the show is bad, its just plain BS because you are a fan of the books and any deviation to them is bad no matter what to you.


    .
    Its a bad show because character development is poor. Plot has 1000 holes. Sets and costumers are straight out of some LARP. CW shows have better dialogues.
    It has no character. Tell me what exactly is the story about? This is why it is a substandard show. How have you ever seen a decent show?

  16. #2716
    Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.

  17. #2717
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.
    Oh come on nobody can be that dumb

  18. #2718
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Numbers which haven't been reported which you for some reason assume have exponentially increased.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Did the moron actually use that term I was under the impression only the most delusional of the defenders online were using that.
    The US reported viewers in the first week is around 6.9 million, if you just add europe uk and russia thats another 1 billion ppl compared to the 330 million pop in the US, dont ignore the rest of the world, the show has been out near 2 months, so yes the number is going to keep rising at a fast rate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Its a bad show because character development is poor. Plot has 1000 holes. Sets and costumers are straight out of some LARP. CW shows have better dialogues.
    It has no character. Tell me what exactly is the story about? This is why it is a substandard show. How have you ever seen a decent show?
    The book is not any better to holes in the story and just things that just dont fit, the show isnt bad, its still good and that has been proven.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  19. #2719
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The US reported viewers in the first week is around 6.9 million, if you just add europe uk and russia thats another 1 billion ppl compared to the 330 million pop in the US, dont ignore the rest of the world, the show has been out near 2 months, so yes the number is going to keep rising at a fast rate.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The book is not any better to holes in the story and just things that just dont fit, the show isnt bad, its still good and that has been proven.
    That isn't how viewers work lol also read the books rofl

  20. #2720
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.
    Star citizen current game is better than anything else availabe in the same genre and its not finished yet, at least have some common sense and know at least a little of what you are talking about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    That isn't how viewers work lol also read the books rofl
    It was reported that 10s and 10s of millions watched the wheel of time, not just the 6.9 million from the US, so that means around 20 million viewers at least worldwide to watch the show, the books are bad and provide no entertainment value.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •