Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If Season 2 bombs they will absolutely cut their losses. This isn't one of the ones Bezos personally likes aka the expanse.

Season 2 was already locked regardless of numbers but numbers likely go down significantly without hate watchers.
    Dr. Evil has been trying to find his own GoT clone for the last 5 years. Difference is that his clown show Amazon Studios doesn't hire people with talent and GoT was great until they started running out of source material to work with. So a mixture of competency from the show runners and production team helped GoT succeed. Amazon Studios hasn't hired competent showrunners at any point in the last few years and it shows in the quality of the shows that they produce internally.

If Season 2 bombs they will absolutely cut their losses. This isn't one of the ones Bezos personally likes aka the expanse.

Season 2 was already locked regardless of numbers but numbers likely go down significantly without hate watchers.
    Sure, if it bombs.

Yet who decides if it bombs or not? CuZ theres a very big disparity between your interpretation of the show's current state and what the execs think.

It's not possible to have a sensible conversation if all you're interested in is doomsaying. Reality doesn't somehow twist itself to work with your personal convictions here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-08-10 at 04:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Difference is that his clown show Amazon Studios doesn't hire people with talent
    The multiple award winning and very popular shows directly refutes that claim. It sounds more like you continually indulge in stuff you know you won't like.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Dr. Evil has been trying to find his own GoT clone for the last 5 years. Difference is that his clown show Amazon Studios doesn't hire people with talent and GoT was great until they started running out of source material to work with. So a mixture of competency from the show runners and production team helped GoT succeed. Amazon Studios hasn't hired competent showrunners at any point in the last few years and it shows in the quality of the shows that they produce internally.
    I'm not sure how they lucked out with Reacher, but it was really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yet who decides if it bombs or not? CuZ theres a very big disparity between your interpretation of the show's current state and what the execs think.
    You know what the execs think? Must be pretty high up in Amazon if you are privvy to what they think of that......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You know what the execs think? Must be pretty high up in Amazon if you are privvy to what they think of that......
    You really think the executives hate the show if they already gave the go ahead for a third season?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Suure, we know Bezos can do quality things, yes? New World or Blue Origin.

I know that they have enough confidence in the property to greenlight a Season 3 for the series. You don't have to be high up in Amazon to know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Reacher wasn't one of their big ips and by all accounts was allowed to basically do it's thing. The director also seems to have actually read and liked the source material.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Suure, we know Bezos can do quality things, yes? New World or Blue Origin.
    New World isn't good but compared to Rafe of Time it's GTA 5.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that they have enough confidence in the property to greenlight a Season 3 for the series. You don't have to be high up in Amazon to know that.
    If S3 wasn't already green lit we would be waiting to hear S2 was canceled live action shows with massive budgets have to be greenlit multiple years in advance doesn't mean they can't still be canceled.

If S3 wasn't already green lit we would be waiting to hear S2 was canceled live action shows with massive budgets have to be greenlit multiple years in advance doesn't mean they can't still be canceled.
    Let's put it this way - the series already greenlit S3 and you're still waiting for S2 to be cancelled.

You'd still be ranting about how the series could be cancelled 'any moment now', because you aren't really arguing on anything but belief that it would be. You're not bringing anything worth discussing to the table here. You think the show 'can be cancelled', we heard you the first thousand times. Repeating it in a vacuum doesn't change reality.

Even if Robert Jordan rose from the grave to head the series himself, 'the show can be cancelled' would still be a true fact. I mean, there's really nothing to discuss there.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-08-10 at 08:33 PM.

Let's put it this way - the series already greenlit S3 and you're still waiting for S2 to be cancelled.

You'd still be ranting about how the series could be cancelled 'any moment now', because you aren't really arguing on anything but belief that it would be. You're not bringing anything worth discussing to the table here. You think the show 'can be cancelled', we heard you the first thousand times. Repeating it in a vacuum doesn't change reality.
    Hey, now! Apparently you can have a whole ass movie shot, almost completely finished, and still nix the whole damn project! (Batgirl)

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Hey, now! Apparently you can have a whole ass movie shot, almost completely finished, and still nix the whole damn project! (Batgirl)
    Careful.... that hurts their feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    WB's going through a restructuring, so I'm not surprised at all. These decisions have nothing to do with fans calling for the movies to be made or cancelled. It's all exec-level decisions based on what they think is best for their long-term strategies.

WB is also moving forward with the Flash movie even with all the crazy Ezra Miller shit going on. It's all a mess right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful.... that hurts their feelings
    Surprised you even know what feelings are.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nick Santora actually has experience making good shows since he's worked on The Sopranos, Prison Break and Law & Order. So they got lucky with him not being a hack. But people like Rafe and Seth Rogen shouldn't be allowed anywhere near producing anything.

Even if Robert Jordan rose from the grave to head the series himself, 'the show can be cancelled' would still be a true fact. I mean, there's really nothing to discuss there.
    No I expect S3 will be canceled never would expect it for S2 because there is too big of a sunk cost but if they don't get significant turn around in numbers in S2 S3 will not happen.

No I expect S3 will be canceled never would expect it for S2 because there is too big of a sunk cost but if they don't get significant turn around in numbers in S2 S3 will not happen.
    Does it matter what you expect when your argument is 'It can be cancelled any time for any reason'?

If your argument is "doesn't mean they can't still be canceled" then you just put a stop to any nuances in discussion. Cuz yeah, anything could happen that could cancel the show for any reason.

Like someone said above, even the Batgirl movie got axed (for reasons completely unrelated to this). If that's what we're operating on then yeah, anything can happen. So what?

There's nothing to discuss here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-08-11 at 12:15 AM.

Does it matter what you expect when your argument is 'It can be cancelled any time for any reason'?

If your argument is "doesn't mean they can't still be canceled" then you just put a stop to any nuances in discussion. Cuz yeah, anything could happen that could cancel the show for any reason.

Like someone said above, even the Batgirl movie got axed (for reasons completely unrelated to this). If that's what we're operating on then yeah, anything can happen. So what?

My argument is it being green lit for s3 means nothing lol

We don't know any of the metrics amazon uses beyond the order of most watched I think? I don't know if they will cancel it they value their orginal shows quite a bit. I can see them slashing the budget of it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    We don't know any of the metrics amazon uses beyond the order of most watched I think? I don't know if they will cancel it they value their orginal shows quite a bit. I can see them slashing the budget of it though.
    Right. We only know what they release or what other entities track. Don't you think them announcing a third season during San Diego Comic Con is a good metric that they currently like the show? They even increased the budget for Season 2. So slashing it seems unlikely unless the second season tanks. It really seems like a lot of people are having difficulty coming to terms with the show being popular and a success simply because they don't personally like it.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. We only know what they release or what other entities track. Don't you think them announcing a third season during San Diego Comic Con is a good metric that they currently like the show? They even increased the budget for Season 2. So slashing it seems unlikely unless the second season tanks. It really seems like a lot of people are having difficulty coming to terms with the show being popular and a success simply because they don't personally like it.
    I think it's a good indicator that they want to secure the cast for the next batch of filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Exactly, which is why it's presumptuous to even talk about cancellations so early. There's nothing pointing at it even potentially happening at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

My argument is it being green lit for s3 means nothing lol
    It means they have plans to continue the series beyond S2. How daft are you?