1. #761
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post

    Also there is a non spoiler thread I'm not going to put spoiler tags on every post I make especially since over half of what would have tags on it will not happen. If you cared about the series it's been done for nearly a decade at this point get the audio books and listen to it at work or read it at home but this awful excuse for a show is nowhere near the series it is supposedly based on.
    From the forum guildlines thread:
    9. Spoilers If you have information from say a book (Or any other source) a movie or TV show is being adapted from you need to use spoiler tags. Same thing if you have found reliable leaks online. Do not ruin other's excitement when we have a system in place to deal with this. Otherwise spoiler tags are not required, regardless of how a topic is titled. You should be able to discuss the most recent events that have aired or been released without needing to use spoiler tags. If you want to discuss spoilers, use the tags.
    Talking about what happened in the latest episode, no tags needed. Talking about stuff from the book that has not happened yet, use spoiler tags. Or just don't post I guess. Your choice.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2021-11-27 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #762
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    From the forum guildlines thread:


    Talking about what happened in the latest episode, no tags needed. Talking about stuff from the book that has not happened yet, use spoiler tags. Or just don't post I guess. Your choice.
    No, we have been talking about stuff from the books throughout the thread there is a non spoiler thread if you want it. There is no reason to change the thread after 30 plus pages this is like complaining about people talking about Harry Potter books in a movie thread.

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It is fanfic. Making cuts based on time is fine and acceptable. What not acceptable is seismic world shfiting changes.
    The funny thing is that the critics ripping into the show aren't doing it because of changes made from the books, it's everything to do with making a good show to begin with; script, characterization, acting...a big budget show that invites comparison to the smaller budgeted GoT...and coming up unfavorably as GoT looked very much worth the production value it gave. But the maybe those that like the show prefer the comparison to Shannara.

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Another absurd contribution from your part. Not surprised.
    Sorry I don't give a damn if someone just decided to get interested in something, despite the fact it is pretty much ancient history, if you don't want spoilers, go into the spoiler free thread and stay clear of this one.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...non-spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    And is currently being adapted into a TV series that many, many people who never read the books are watching. Any book spoilers are also potential spoilers for the TV series.

    Just use freaking spoiler tags. Don't be a dick.
    The stuff is ancient, it is pretty much almost the same as someone yelling in this day and age, that snape killed dumbledore. If it were a new franchise you would have a point, I draw the line at two years max.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2021-11-27 at 04:34 PM.

  5. #765
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The funny thing is that the critics ripping into the show aren't doing it because of changes made from the books, it's everything to do with making a good show to begin with; script, characterization, acting...a big budget show that invites comparison to the smaller budgeted GoT...and coming up unfavorably as GoT looked very much worth the production value it gave. But the maybe those that like the show prefer the comparison to Shannara.
    I agree with your overall point, but also I never expected WoT to look as good as GoT because of the sheer amount of CGI involved to represent the magic. Yes, GoT had a lot, particularly towards the end, but WoT has to have tons, which is probably why it looks so cheap.

  6. #766
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    I agree with your overall point, but also I never expected WoT to look as good as GoT because of the sheer amount of CGI involved to represent the magic. Yes, GoT had a lot, particularly towards the end, but WoT has to have tons, which is probably why it looks so cheap.
    Season 1 Foundation cost $45.000.000 for 10 episodes and this is a SciFi show with very good CGI.
    Season 1 WoT cost $80.000.000 for 8 episodes with shitty CGI.

    Both shows have adapted the original lore to such an extent that they deviate so much from the original that you'd be better of showing a warning at the start of each episode saying that "Watch you are about to watch has nothing to do with the books created by Isaac Asimov/Robert Jordan".

    Some changes to make it possible for TV/Movie is expected but stick to the story as written as much as possible and both these shows failed at that.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

  7. #767
    I can't help but cry in advance for The Lord of the Rings series, seeing what shitty adaptations they are making so far, that goes for not just Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

  8. #768
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sorry I don't give a damn if someone just decided to get interested in something, despite the fact it is pretty much ancient history, if you don't want spoilers, go into the spoiler free thread and stay clear of this one.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...non-spoilers**



    The stuff is ancient, it is pretty much almost the same as someone yelling in this day and age, that snape killed dumbledore. If it were a new franchise you would have a point, I draw the line at two years max.
    The TV series just started. What part of that are people not getting? This thread isn't about the books, it is about the series. Someone clicks on this thread to talk about this brand new fantasy series on Amazon and get bombarded with discussions of all kinds of aspects and plot details from the books that, whether they do end up happening in the series or not, have not happened in the Amazon series. The title of this thread is [TV] The Wheel of Time. No mention of books or any indication that there will be loads of untagged spoilers.

    And no, it isn't like someone saying snape killed dumbledore today. It would be like someone yelling that to people waiting in line to see the Half Blood Prince movie in 2009 and then telling them to stop complaining since the book came out 4 years before. People are so god damn selfish these days. Nope, I cannot be bothered to type [ /spoiler], who cares if some other people may be spoiled. Doesn't effect me so who cares. Bunch of freaking children.

  9. #769
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The TV series just started. What part of that are people not getting? This thread isn't about the books, it is about the series. Someone clicks on this thread to talk about this brand new fantasy series on Amazon and get bombarded with discussions of all kinds of aspects and plot details from the books that, whether they do end up happening in the series or not, have not happened in the Amazon series. The title of this thread is [TV] The Wheel of Time. No mention of books or any indication that there will be loads of untagged spoilers.

    And no, it isn't like someone saying snape killed dumbledore today. It would be like someone yelling that to people waiting in line to see the Half Blood Prince movie in 2009 and then telling them to stop complaining since the book came out 4 years before. People are so god damn selfish these days. Nope, I cannot be bothered to type [ /spoiler], who cares if some other people may be spoiled. Doesn't effect me so who cares. Bunch of freaking children.
    I disagree, lets leave it at that and again there is a thread for spoiler free discussion, if people don't want spoilers they are free to go there.

  10. #770
    I've never read the books, so I'm coming into this with zero expectations. Just finished the pilot episode and yowza, this is Defiance on SyFy quality stuff. If the rumours about the huge budget are true where did it all go? Certainly not the script because this is some of the worst dialogue I've heard in years (it doesn't help that the actors sound as if they're doing a first read through.)

    Please tell me it gets better. : (

  11. #771
    Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    I've never read the books, so I'm coming into this with zero expectations. Just finished the pilot episode and yowza, this is Defiance on SyFy quality stuff. If the rumours about the huge budget are true where did it all go? Certainly not the script because this is some of the worst dialogue I've heard in years (it doesn't help that the actors sound as if they're doing a first read through.)

    Please tell me it gets better. : (
    First episode is for sure the weakest among them

  12. #772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    First episode is for sure the weakest among them
    I'll stick with it then! A lot of shows get better over time.

  13. #773
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I disagree, lets leave it at that and again there is a thread for spoiler free discussion, if people don't want spoilers they are free to go there.
    The rule has always been if you're discussing things from books that haven't happened in a TV series based on that book, it is considered a spoiler to be tagged. This thread has no specific Spoiler warning in the title, thus you have to abide by this rule. The non-spoiler thread isn't big enough to justify shifting all non-spoiler talk there, and two separate spoiler/non-spoiler threads have only existed for one show on this subforum - and this show is nowhere near that level (yet). And those books had also been out for years. I haven't read these books or seen this show so I can't enforce it too well, but it's common courtesy unless the thread is marked as a spoiler thread. If the non-spoiler thread can hold its own, this may become a spoiler thread - but until then, tag your spoilers. It's not hard.

  14. #774
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I disagree, lets leave it at that and again there is a thread for spoiler free discussion, if people don't want spoilers they are free to go there.
    I think you may be overlooking the point that the "spoiler free" thread currently has 0 replies and will be knocked off the front page soon. But sure, again put it on other people cause who can be bothered am I right?

  15. #775
    Anyone think they are going to cut Elayne from the story? How do you think they're going to manage Rand juggling three girls? To me the easy answer is to cut out Elayne, leave out the relationship with Min, and have him end up with Aviendha. Elayne and Egwene have enough similarities that I'm not sure they need both.

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    I've never read the books, so I'm coming into this with zero expectations. Just finished the pilot episode and yowza, this is Defiance on SyFy quality stuff. If the rumours about the huge budget are true where did it all go? Certainly not the script because this is some of the worst dialogue I've heard in years (it doesn't help that the actors sound as if they're doing a first read through.)

    Please tell me it gets better. : (
    It doesn't read the books or listen to the audio books if you want quality.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The rule has always been if you're discussing things from books that haven't happened in a TV series based on that book, it is considered a spoiler to be tagged. This thread has no specific Spoiler warning in the title, thus you have to abide by this rule. The non-spoiler thread isn't big enough to justify shifting all non-spoiler talk there, and two separate spoiler/non-spoiler threads have only existed for one show on this subforum - and this show is nowhere near that level (yet). And those books had also been out for years. I haven't read these books or seen this show so I can't enforce it too well, but it's common courtesy unless the thread is marked as a spoiler thread. If the non-spoiler thread can hold its own, this may become a spoiler thread - but until then, tag your spoilers. It's not hard.
    It's annoying as hell to do on mobile the books have sold over 100 million copies. Again this is like crying about someone posting that Snape killed Dumbledore or that Vader is Luke's dad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Anyone think they are going to cut Elayne from the story? How do you think they're going to manage Rand juggling three girls? To me the easy answer is to cut out Elayne, leave out the relationship with Min, and have him end up with Aviendha. Elayne and Egwene have enough similarities that I'm not sure they need both.
    She's already cast so doubtful although who knows what form she will take at this point seeing as they aren't doing the royal court this season apparently

  17. #777
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's annoying as hell to do on mobile the books have sold over 100 million copies. Again this is like crying about someone posting that Snape killed Dumbledore or that Vader is Luke's dad.
    A more relevant recent example would be the Dune movie, good thing there were already movies about it, so no one should be surprised that house Atreides gets its vengeance and takes over arrakis and starts a galaxy spanning war.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Anyone think they are going to cut Elayne from the story? How do you think they're going to manage Rand juggling three girls? To me the easy answer is to cut out Elayne, leave out the relationship with Min, and have him end up with Aviendha. Elayne and Egwene have enough similarities that I'm not sure they need both.
    She has been casted already. And Rafe allready told us that 3girls harem will not be included to TV-show. My bet - Eleine will be with Avienda, and Min with Rand.
    I beleive that the one who will ber cut - its Elaida. Too similar to Liandrin for that.

  19. #779
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    She has been casted already. And Rafe allready told us that 3girls harem will not be included to TV-show. My bet - Eleine will be with Avienda, and Min with Rand.
    I beleive that the one who will ber cut - its Elaida. Too similar to Liandrin for that.
    Interesting idea...

  20. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's annoying as hell to do on mobile the books have sold over 100 million copies. Again this is like crying about someone posting that Snape killed Dumbledore or that Vader is Luke's dad.
    Finding brackets and a / is difficult on mobile? All you need to do is encompass your spoilers in spoiler markup: [ spoiler]text[/ spoiler] without the spaces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •