Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    A tv show works far better as format for adopting it than a movie would. They just need to commit to a big amount of seasons and avoid the GoT problem of "wanting to rush the end". Heck, GoT worked until they run out of books to 1:1 adopt so they had to write their own weird fanfiction take on the story.
    See my other point^^ Don't expect it to be finished. Books are 3 years. one season needs probably 2 years to make. For all books to be adapted one books season some of the actors who play nearly kids are in their mid 40ies then^^
    It won't be finished or it won't be one book a season. A bunch of stuff needs to be cut

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm surprised some posters haven't fallen upon you and showered you with all sorts of - ist.

    Ahh you mentioned before you were gay? That probably shields you a bit.
    Apart from anything else there's a lot of ramblings and nonsense that isn't worth picking through to find the salient points. I'm pretty sure I disagree with a lot of Beloren's points but it's way too much work to cut away the chaff and make sure I have their points right.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Apart from anything else there's a lot of ramblings and nonsense that isn't worth picking through to find the salient points. I'm pretty sure I disagree with a lot of Beloren's points but it's way too much work to cut away the chaff and make sure I have their points right.
    How salient of you!

  4. #164
    November



    - - - Updated - - -

    Amazon Panel | Comic-Con@Home 2021

    "Amazon Prime Video and IMDb TV have joined forces for a multi-title panel that promises something extraordinary for every Comic-Con@Home attendee. Join showrunners Rafe Judkins (The Wheel of Time), Hideaki Anno (EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME), Nico Entel (S.O.Z.), Sara Goodman (I Know What You Did Last Summer), and series stars and directors Beth Riesgraf & Noah Wyle (Leverage: Redemption), as TV host Tim Kash leads each panelist through their own standalone series conversation, filled with illuminating discussion and exclusive asset drops and announcements."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCx...nInternational

  5. #165
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,173
    My expectations are low. I am not at all excited for this. I love the Wheel of Time series the best I can do is see the TV series as an inspiration not an adaption. I just have an awful feeing.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  6. #166
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My expectations are low. I am not at all excited for this. I love the Wheel of Time series the best I can do is see the TV series as an inspiration not an adaption. I just have an awful feeing.
    I'm more worried that it'll get the same treatment other established IP's have been getting lately, which has resulted in some pretty piss poor products. I don't even care about the cast, I just care about how the focus is likely not going to be on the main cast, even though throughout the whole series of books, character focus is pretty evenly split across several characters. Especially with the He-man reboot getting absolutely slammed by fans today, I'm concerned that it'll be shit.

  7. #167
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm more worried that it'll get the same treatment other established IP's have been getting lately, which has resulted in some pretty piss poor products. I don't even care about the cast, I just care about how the focus is likely not going to be on the main cast, even though throughout the whole series of books, character focus is pretty evenly split across several characters. Especially with the He-man reboot getting absolutely slammed by fans today, I'm concerned that it'll be shit.
    People love to be negative. I say wait until it is actually out before doomsaying. And if does end up being terrible, meh. The books still exists.

    Also, the He-man adaptation was Netflix. And I only need one try to guess why the man-children didn't like the new He-Man...

  8. #168
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    People love to be negative. I say wait until it is actually out before doomsaying. And if does end up being terrible, meh. The books still exists.

    Also, the He-man adaptation was Netflix. And I only need one try to guess why the man-children didn't like the new He-Man...
    The thing is that a lot of people have been hoping for a WoT adaptation to film or TV for a long time, longer than I've been a fan of the series certainly. This is likely the only opportunity the series will ever see an adaptation, because I doubt any other studio would pick it up if it bombs. So you'll have to forgive people for having high expectations.

    Also, people are shitting on He-man because it was marketed as one thing and turns out to be another. Killing off the franchise character in the first episode very much deserves to be met with criticism by the fans, as is making the other characters insufferably shit.

  9. #169
    I really hope the Wheel of time show plans out. if it doesn't land then yeah, it'll be at least another 10-15 years, or more, before another attempt is made.

    Also, She-Ra remake was fantastic, This He-Man remake... misses the mark. Characters just aren't very consistent, or are underdeveloped. Most of the fight scenes have no tension or story so they are boring to watch, even if they are well animated. They just seem to happen because "we need some action now, so hit make something to hit show up!"

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The thing is that a lot of people have been hoping for a WoT adaptation to film or TV for a long time, longer than I've been a fan of the series certainly. This is likely the only opportunity the series will ever see an adaptation, because I doubt any other studio would pick it up if it bombs. So you'll have to forgive people for having high expectations.
    "..having high expectations?" No. I wanted to have high expectations. I wanted to hear nothing but good things about how production was going. ...
    At this point I have no expectations of anything good.

  11. #171
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "..having high expectations?" No. I wanted to have high expectations. I wanted to hear nothing but good things about how production was going. ...
    At this point I have no expectations of anything good.
    Yeah, I've just stopped having any expectations now. I want it to be good but that's a hard ask. Considering there's been almost nothing as far as trailers for the show and the first season is dropping in November, that doesn't really bode well to me.

  12. #172
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,173
    New Screenshots
    Source: https://collider.com/wheel-of-time-new-images-amazon/









    The screenshots have been getting a lot of mixed reactions... I am still on the fence, but I would be lying if I didn't say I am getting some Sword of Shannara adapatations vibes from the clothing style... Not a huge fan. Also the Avengers/Guardians shot of them walking together looks like it is done for promotion so I doubt that shot is something going to be featured in the show...

    What does everyone else thing...

    I am still nervous and anxious about it...
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-20 at 09:38 PM.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  13. #173
    The fact that I can't readily recognize who is which character doesn't lend well to bettering my expectations.

  14. #174
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,590
    Looks fine to me. One small thing that did stick out is Mat having a beard. I am guessing they aged up the characters a bit (I don't really remember how old they are at the start, but they tend to age up characters for these kinds of things) but I feel like only Perrin should have a beard. Can't say exactly why, but it just feels like wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The fact that I can't readily recognize who is which character doesn't lend well to bettering my expectations.
    Really? Seems pretty obvious to me and I am not really a fan of the books. I don't even remember all of the character's actual names (had to look up Perrin's) and yet I still could point out which is which. Well, at least the main group in the first picture. No clue on the others outside of the dude in the cage is most likely that dude the magic ladies capture.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2021-08-20 at 07:10 PM.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The fact that I can't readily recognize who is which character doesn't lend well to bettering my expectations.
    Look pretty clear to me. Nynaeve is far left, Mat is the scruffy-looking guy next to her, obviously Lan is the guy with the hadori, and Moiraine is beside him (why isn't she wearing her trademark kesiara?). The generic-looking girl next to her has to be Egwene, and Perrin is beside her. Rand is obviously the red-haired guy on the far-right (why isn't he taller than even Perrin? he's supposed to be. For that matter, Moiraine is supposed to be really short).

    They're not good character designs, but put together they're at least identifiable. If, y'know, you know what you're looking for. But they really could be doing a better job.

    Where's Thom
    Last edited by Arikara; 2021-08-20 at 07:34 PM.

  16. #176
    That was a woman?
    ...nevermind. I expected something near the mark but...appearances are too far off. The only one not too off is Rand. And I wasn't expecting them to find anyone near 6 and a half feet tall so I can roll with that since he has the much mentioned "pretty face.".

    Zero expectations with the script.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmf...the only "cage" I recall being prominent is the one holding an aiel...(Gaul)

  17. #177
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Look pretty clear to me. Nynaeve is far left, Mat is the scruffy-looking guy next to her, obviously Lan is the guy with the hadori, and Moiraine is beside him (why isn't she wearing her trademark kesiara?). The generic-looking girl next to her has to be Egwene, and Perrin is beside her. Rand is obviously the red-haired guy on the far-right (why isn't he taller than even Perrin? he's supposed to be. For that matter, Moiraine is supposed to be really short).

    They're not good character designs, but put together they're at least identifiable. If, y'know, you know what you're looking for. But they really could be doing a better job.

    Where's Thom
    It could be the camera angle, to be fair. But yeah, they kinda goofed up the scale of the cast and definitely needed to cast someone as Perrin who is more beefcake. I mean, I expected him to be smaller in build early in the series though, I always felt like his physique and size were presented as if he was bulkier later in the series. Especially around Winters Heart and into Towers of Midnight. Lan and Rand are supposed to be much taller, pretty sure Lan is at least a hand span taller than Moiraine, and Daniel Henney isn't overly tall at 6'2, Rosamund Pike is 5'8, so close but not by much.

    I wonder how they are going to pull off Loial, because he's supposed to be like 8 feet tall or something and the size of a brick shithouse

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That was a woman?
    ...nevermind. I expected something near the mark but...appearances are too far off. The only one not too off is Rand. And I wasn't expecting them to find anyone near 6 and a half feet tall so I can roll with that since he has the much mentioned "pretty face.".

    Zero expectations with the script.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmf...the only "cage" I recall being prominent is the one holding an aiel...(Gaul)
    I'm pretty sure either Mazrim Taim or Logain was caged. Those are definitely Reds on the horses in the back, the cloaks give it away. I would assume this is from when Taim was captured. They better start stuffing that boy Rand with steak diets and weight lifting because he's bony as hell for a farm boy and he'll need to put on some muscle for the later parts of the series. Especially as he learns the sword.

  18. #178
    Taim...and reds behind him...okay.
    Sounds...fast.

  19. #179
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,590
    People are way to caught up on a character's looks. To me, getting an actor who connects with the character on a personality is more important. Wolverine is the example I always think about. Hugh Jackman nailed that role I just don't see someone else being better just because they are 5'3"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm pretty sure either Mazrim Taim or Logain was caged. Those are definitely Reds on the horses in the back, the cloaks give it away. I would assume this is from when Taim was captured. They better start stuffing that boy Rand with steak diets and weight lifting because he's bony as hell for a farm boy and he'll need to put on some muscle for the later parts of the series. Especially as he learns the sword.
    Logain. That's who I was thinking about. He was caged are paraded through a city or something on his way to have his music removed, whatever that called.

  20. #180
    If you didn't already know it was WoT you could mistake it for generic fantasy #452. It doesn't jump out and say wheel of time.

    Lan doesn't have his colour shifting cloak and he is meant to be 6'4" to moraines 5'2". He is meant to tower over her. Matt is meant to be a pretty boy, not some scruffy bearded type. Rand is also meant to be much taller than his friends, not shorter than Perrin. And Perrin is meant to be short but absolutely built.

    And where is Thom? He was with them from the start until the party split up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •