Page 11 of 224 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    From what I remember, those who could use the power could see its weaves.
    That's what I meant by "feel", sorry for being unclear. I never read it as being something that's actually visible, as in visible to anyone - but rather something that's picked up in some different kind of perception. Just like how 'reaching' in and manipulating a weave probably doesn't mean actually plunging your hands into something, it's just a metaphor for using the power to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's what I meant by "feel", sorry for being unclear. I never read it as being something that's actually visible, as in visible to anyone - but rather something that's picked up in some different kind of perception. Just like how 'reaching' in and manipulating a weave probably doesn't mean actually plunging your hands into something, it's just a metaphor for using the power to do it.
    Except "viewers" need to see something. The visuals are for viewers. Likely not seen by characters themselves. But who knows, we see lasers in movies all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Except "viewers" need to see something. The visuals are for viewers. Likely not seen by characters themselves. But who knows, we see lasers in movies all the time..
    Oh I get that, I'm just not sure I agree with the choice to do it like that. You could have shots from the perception of users, for example, to highlight what's going on - and only show the visible effects otherwise. But I totally get that's a subjective preference - I like things understated instead of overdramatized and laden with CGI. Other people may prefer the visual spectacle, even if it's not in line with the books. That's a legitimate aesthetic choice a show can make, and I don't have to like it

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    They have recasted Mat for Season 2

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/...178591749?s=19

"EXCLUSIVE: EXCLUSIVE: A major character on Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television’s high-profile fantasy series #TheWheelOfTime, headlined by Rosamund Pike, is being recast for Season 2"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does Donal Finn look a bit like Orlando Bloom?

Appearance-wise he looks to be a better fit.

No word on why he bailed from the show after just one season - you' have though there would be some form of contractual obligations for a project this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No word on why he bailed from the show after just one season - you' have though there would be some form of contractual obligations for a project this big.
    Contracts have exit clauses, too. It's not like they can FORCE someone to be an actor; or, conversely, it's not like an actor can force them to let them keep a role.

We don't know why it was recast yet. Maybe the actor wasn't a good fit. Maybe the actor was dissatisfied with something. Maybe it's some unfortunate situation like they have cancer and a year left to live or whatever. Who knows. Could be anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Stuart Townsend "leaving" LOTR?

When I this coming out again?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    When I this coming out again?
    3 first episodes releases on 19th November

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know if Season 1 is covering just the first book? I heard it might cover aspects from Book 2 and 3. Maybe some things shuffled around
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    They have recasted Mat for Season 2

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/...178591749?s=19

"EXCLUSIVE: EXCLUSIVE: A major character on Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television’s high-profile fantasy series #TheWheelOfTime, headlined by Rosamund Pike, is being recast for Season 2"
    I tried to find an update that explains why, and no surprise there is no new information for the reason Barney Harris left. I have to say, at first blush, and completely subjective, Barney looks like a spoiled douche bag, at least in his pictures - that face you kinda want to punch, if that makes sense in a ephemeral way. Whereas Donal Finn looks a little more grounded. Please don't beat me up for that - I know it defines the word subjective.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    anyone know if Season 1 is covering just the first book? I heard it might cover aspects from Book 2 and 3. Maybe some things shuffled around
    Sanderson talks a bit about it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvt-...andonSanderson

But mostly book 1 with as you said, something from bok 2/3 aswell to set up season2 and on

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I tried to find an update that explains why, and no surprise there is no new information for the reason Barney Harris left. I have to say, at first blush, and completely subjective, Barney looks like a spoiled douche bag, at least in his pictures - that face you kinda want to punch, if that makes sense in a ephemeral way. Whereas Donal Finn looks a little more grounded. Please don't beat me up for that - I know it defines the word subjective.
    Liked him in the Witcher so Im not sad about the recasting, eventhough its not ideal to have to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    3 first episodes releases on 19th November
    Thanks!!!

I hope Rosamund Pike pulls off Morarine well. Or the show will be meh for me.

Matt is supposed to look exactly like a mischievous rogue, belying his superlative military genius.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    They showed a few minutes today at the panel from comic con

Yeah, not really doing much for me. Being on Amazon doesn't help either.

For such an iconic series it is looking a little too generic. That could have been the teaser for a Dungeons & Dragons movie.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2021-10-09 at 12:04 AM.

Yeah, not really doing much for me. Being on Amazon doesn't help either.

For such an iconic series it is looking a little too generic. That could have been the teaser for a Dungeons & Dragons movie.
    Yeh. It doesn’t seem to have the Lord of the Rings level of quality or Game of Thrones.

TBH only Rand and Moraine look vaguely like how the book describes them.

Perrin could work , Nynaeve could be non-white, but mixed too, but Lan? I would have accepted an Asian Lan if the book cover art didn’t make him so white.

However. I wouldn’t care about any of that if the series is good and essentially
    conbeyed the same great intensity , suspense, magic and captivating I felt while reading it.

im old enough to know about adaptations not fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Thanks!!!

I hope Rosamund Pike pulls off Morarine well. Or the show will be meh for me.
    Yes she does. At least from the teaser.

I read half of the first book when I was younger and stopped for whatever reason. Can't remember too much.
    I need another fantasy series to take up the space in my heart as I've finally accepted that ASOIAF will never be finished. Will definitely give this a watch