Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    He appears as a figure wreathed in light in Tarwin's Gap and channels into the trollocs to destroy them. He doesn't appear in the sky in Eye, but that is what people are referring to. He appears before the armies at Tarwin's Gap and they think the Creator has appeared to help them.
    But that's totally different than saying Rand appears in the sky. And that actually leaves interpretetion how to do it on tv series. Look, I hate the adaption as much as everyone else does but this one thing that can be handled differently based on how they want to do it. Main point still should have been that Rand wiped out the trolloc army by channeling the eye of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    As I said, all the fault lies with Jordan's wife to allow this abomination to exist.
    Robert Jordan sold the rights when he was still alive. She can't stop it until the rights revert back. It is driving sales of the book so she might not even want to stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Ey, don't go blaming Harriet for being old and unable to fend off the might of Amazon's greedy filmproducers. You wanna blame someone, blame the actual people in charge—I can't imagine that Harriet approves of any of this bullcrap, but what can she realistically do?
    Robert Jordan sold the rights to Red Eagle in 2004. It has nothing to do with Amazon as they are the ones that agreed to produce the show for Red Eagle (who is also partnered with Sony).
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-12-23 at 05:15 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post

As I said, all the fault lies with Jordan's wife to allow this abomination to exist.
    While I blame her for a lot of things, never underestimate how slimy the film production industry is. They probably gave her all kinds of promises about how they were going to respect the source material but never put anything into writing - that has happened to many an author.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Robert Jordan sold the rights when he was still alive. She can't stop it until the rights revert back. It is driving sales of the book so she might not even want to stop it.
    Ah, I was unaware that this was under the same sale of rights. That's unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    He appears as a figure wreathed in light in Tarwin's Gap and channels into the trollocs to destroy them. He doesn't appear in the sky in Eye, but that is what people are referring to. He appears before the armies at Tarwin's Gap and they think the Creator has appeared to help them.
    They are confusing great hunt and eotw but yeah he nuked the trolloc army in eotw just wasn't the sky fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It was pretty obvious to me the first time because of the channeling sickness he had after and the events of four kings. Which is why I don't get emphasizing the mystery eotw especially is much more about the journey.
    Oh yeah it was obvious Rand would be the Dragon Reborn, but I was surprised at how early on Jordan gave us in hindsight obvious pointers like the Bela scenario. My young teen still didn't catch any of the hints and didn't get his suspicions "confirmed" until pretty damn late IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    still more accurate than rafe of time

Jordan thought Michelle Pfeiffer was a good choice for Morgase...back in her "Ladyhawke" days I can see it;

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Jordan thought Michelle Pfeiffer was a good choice for Morgase...back in her "Ladyhawke" days I can see it;
    Back when I was going through the books originally, I always thought of Kate Hudson as Elayne. She is 2 decades too old for that part now, but back in the day she would have been perfect for it.

Chloë Grace Moretz could do it now, but she'd have to amp up the blonde ditziness as Elayne is either that or haughty, depending on the scene.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

https://www.reddit.com/r/WoT/comment...show_was_made/

Wow image was large, sorry about that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/WoT/comment...show_was_made/

Wow image was large, sorry about that :/
    Shocking indeed how low the number is I assume that's what he means as far as book fans go.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually amazing

No showrunner in their right mind would ever go out and admit that their show is NOT doing well while it's still ongoing. That's just bad business practice, and could drive numbers down in and of itself. So they'll go "it's doing great!" all the way (in whatever corporate-speek variant), until it's clear the show is either done or cancelled.

The third best selling fantasy series of all time wasn't popular enough? The serious fans are the ones you want on your side - they drive all the publicity for you. Alienating them is the stupidest thing you could do.

Are they though? I literally didn't know a fan of the Game of Thrones books in the 90s or early 2000s, when the first books were coming out, besides me.

Except on niche forums, like this one.

If you don't run in exceptionally nerdy circles, this whole genre is absurdly obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Relatively, they're still considered new in the field.

Amazon originals started back in 2013. That's not a very long time as far as programming standards go.
    Netflix Originals only started in 2012.

And the finale was actually even worse than feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So spoilers are out there for ep 8. If you'd rather face the fresh horrors Rafe is inflicting first hand then turn away now. Rand and Moiraine get to the Eye, only to meet Ishy, who they think is the DO. Turns out its a plot to get the Dragon there to try and turn him. Ishy overpowers Moiraine and either shields or stills her - the second is the popular theory. Then Rand uses a sa'angreal Moiraine gave him to melt Ishy.
    Meanwhile, back at Tarwin's Gap Rand has no part in it. No giant figure in the sky. Nope. The battle is won by 5 women, including Nyn and Eg, linking up and nuking the trolloc army.
    Oh, and Agelmar dies by using Hollywood dumb levels of battle tactics.
    And Fain shanks Loial with the cursed dagger and appears to kill him (though given that the actor is filing season 2 it would appear he gets better.) Then Fain steals the Horn of Valere which was stored under Agelmar's throne. No, seriously. They keep such a powerful artefact stored under Agelmar's chair (and he isn't even the Shienaran king) right on the frontline to the blight.
    And the Seanchan turn up as the teaser.
    Plus more.
    Well...here we are.

Everyone like the part where LTT wasn't The Dragon but just another Dragon Reborn, wasn't the Tamyrlin seat (who instead was a woman) and knew about the threat of the taint before hand? The female Tamyrlin was right of course and so LTT gets added to the pile of assassinated book characters.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The third best selling fantasy series of all time wasn't popular enough? The serious fans are the ones you want on your side - they drive all the publicity for you. Alienating them is the stupidest thing you could do.
    Just curious where are you getting 3rd best selling fantasy series from? from what I can find its not that high behind things like harry potter, Discworld, Narnia, Game of thrones and maybe a few others depending how how fantasy is defined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...-selling_books
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.