Spoiler alert...big
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    2. do you think WoT can continue after the 14 series book?
    Probably not as you'd think
    When the main story ends, teh Seanchan are now poised to invade.. it seems that people like Matt and Perrin would have yet larger roles..
    Mat is married to Tuon, the empress to the Seanchan. He's the "Raven Prince" and de facto marshal General to the "ever victorious armed forces of Seanchan."
    I'd also love to see Egwene now fully as Aes Sedai and AMyrlin for a new series.
    Egwene was indeed the Amyrlin. She dies fighting Mazrim Taim. Cadsuane takes over
    Want to see what happens to Rand too, be nice to see him able to channel now for the entire series without a taint on Saidin and the changes on the world.
    Rand...technically dies...at least his body.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Egwene was indeed the Amyrlin. She dies fighting Mazrim Taim. Cadsuane takes over
    She died after defeating Mazrim Taim. She turned her self into a crystal pillar, and killed hundreds of enemy channelers, rather then dying from being burned out because of how much power she pulled during the battle with Taim. It is a separate event because she also transported and released her warder in between the two events.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She died after defeating Mazrim Taim. She turned her self into a crystal pillar, and killed hundreds of enemy channelers, rather then dying from being burned out because of how much power she pulled during the battle with Taim. It is a separate event because she also transported and released her warder in between the two events.
    Nitpick but she doesn't kill them "instead of burning out", she deliberately pulled everything she could possibly hold while inventing on the spot the opposite weave of balefire to heal all the tears in reality Mazrim's insane use of it caused (IIRC reality was starting to unravel from it). That weave also crystallised all the Dreadlords that had used balefire, but she deliberately drew way past the amount of Saidar that would burn her out but straight up kill her instead

If there was a good reason to burn out...as bittersweet as it was, this was it. The "Flame of Tar Valon" in full display.

I think Jordan's foreshadowing was more powerful than we first thought.

"They are mangling it," Rhuarc growled. "Many ask about our ways, and who would not teach one who would learn what is proper? Even a treekiller." He looked ready to spit. "But they take what they are told and change it."
    "Not change, really," Berelain protested. "Only adapt, I think." Rhuarc's eyebrows rose a fraction, and she sighed. Havien's face was a picture of affront, seeing his ruler challenged. Neither Rhuarc or Berelain noticed, they were intent on Rand. He had the feeling this was an argument the pair had often.
    "They change it," Rhuarc repeated deliberately.

Season 2 was half way through filming on November 24th. Amazon executives have stated how they like Season 2 that they have seen. With all the issues with the show you don't need to invent things just to further your disdain.

There has been some hints about season 3 getting approval or at least "very close" to approved.

https://wot-prime.fandom.com/wiki/Season_3
    It is best to take news like that with a grain of salt... Nearly every show has "promising" aspects for a new season right until it doesn't. I honestly don't know about wheel of time. It had a very lukewarm response to say the least and it is extremely expensive to produce. It might go on as amazon is desperate for a flagship show (why god omens bombed I will never know) but unless amazon is willing to just eat the cost it needs to show results.

LOTR prequel looks cool. Ofcourse this being Amazon..but that teaser was good. Is this the show that will truly shine for them? Lets hope so. No woke agenda, no fan fiction..

I mean, given how things are in hollywood, it would have been quite surprising and refreshing if the White Tower and the Ae Sedai hard hardly a trace of girl on girl love..it was one of the most predictable changes and places to put , yet I hoped they wouldn't.

It would have stood out more if they weren't lesbians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    It is best to take news like that with a grain of salt... Nearly every show has "promising" aspects for a new season right until it doesn't. I honestly don't know about wheel of time. It had a very lukewarm response to say the least and it is extremely expensive to produce. It might go on as amazon is desperate for a flagship show (why god omens bombed I will never know) but unless amazon is willing to just eat the cost it needs to show results.
    Amazon has plenty of "flagship shows" (Goliath and Bosch were two but had series finales in 2021) and Good Omens didn't bomb. It had a 8.1/10 on imdb and 84% on rotten tomatoes. It even got renewed for a second season even though it was originally going to end after the 1st one.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Amazon has plenty of "flagship shows" (Goliath and Bosch were two but had series finales in 2021) and Good Omens didn't bomb. It had a 8.1/10 on imdb and 84% on rotten tomatoes. It even got renewed for a second season even though it was originally going to end after the 1st one.
    I thought it wasn't very popular though I loved it. This is the first I have heard of a second season! That is wonderful news hopefully the script is good the show was such a close 1 to 1 of the book I am rather curious to see where they take it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh - not on topic but as someone who watched Goliath I'm surprised it was considered a 'flagship show' as literally no one else I've ever met has ever heard of it. =D

First two seasons are solid but then it starts getting...weird. Last season was... a slog. Went from a really strong, well written, interesting legal drama (I mean its David E. Kelly so you'd expect strong legal drama lol) to... trippy, self-ego-serving (I guess, best way I can put it), Main character self-discovery (?) story arc through the last season with the 'legal drama' as an addendum.

Don't know why they went off the rails that way - but the first two season and last two seasons feel like two different shows.

Just yea - find that an interesting statement. If that's Amazon's claim of their 'flagship shows.' Literally, tried to tell everyone I knew about how good the show was first season, esp. if you like Billy Bob Thorton - and noone I've ever talked to, then or since, has ever heard of it.

Might speak to a 'low standard' they expect from their shows in order to maintain a series. WoT may have no issue getting 5 more seasons if that's their bar.

Also helps speak to the rest of US (us posters, us as the tv audience) really having NO IDEA what each of the Big Streamers consider 'successful' enough to continue. Or successful enough to 'fill out' their population of offerings. Just remember, Netflix, Amazon, all these 'streaming' channels are propped up by backlogs of old stuff and B-C Grade tv/movies. The vast majority of Netflix offerings aren't "A+ TV" or movies; they're barely B grade - but they use them to populate the numbers of the total programming offerings.

So no, nothing has to be 'good' tv to keep being made. Every 'reality' show on tv proves that. And that bar is even lower, IMO, on Streaming platforms - because they also need crap to just fill their numbers out.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-01-20 at 07:38 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Might speak to a 'low standard' they expect from their shows in order to maintain a series. WoT may have no issue getting 5 more seasons if that's their bar.
    It won a golden globe so it isn't exactly a low standard and I think it is fair to call it a flagship show given its popularity (at least when it first debuted). If it was the case of picking one then Bosch would probably be it since it was the first and longest "original" hit.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It won a golden globe so it isn't exactly a low standard and I think it is fair to call it a flagship show given its popularity (at least when it first debuted). If it was the case of picking one then Bosch would probably be it since it was the first and longest "original" hit.
    Oh no, not saying the show (at least first season) wasn't great. That's not the standard I was referring to.

I was referring to the "I've never met anyone who's heard of it, much less watched it" standard. I can name half a dozen or more Netflix "Flagship" shows in the last couple of years that, even if people haven't watched, they've HEARD about somewhere. "Goliath" for Amazon, doesn't match that same 'awareness', to call it "flagship" (vs. just one of the shows on the network). I'm not saying its because the show is bad - I'm just observing an interesting difference here.

So that yea - each of these businesses has their own number standards, for each show, they want to meet - and for all we know, those numbers (between each streamer) could be drastically different. Because in the end, as much as the 'new shiny' is important, the bank of shows behind them is also important. And that bank certainly doesn't have to be all 'quality'! =D
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Just watched the Witcher, which is the closest thing Netflix has to WoT, and... oof, not a good comparison for WoT. The Witcher has all the challenges WoT has - big battles, magic, monsters, large cast, relatively limited budget (at least compared to movies), but it generally does a vastly superior job to WoT.

First of all (and by far most importantly) there's the matter of consistent perspective - you're seeing things from one character's perspective most of the time, not six. The characterizations of the main players are much better drawn out. Geralt is an archetypical character fairly similar to Lan from the books - a gruff badass who's not free with his emotions. The Witcher uses the bard to let us get to know Geralt, and in the WoT series you get to know him mostly through Rand. In the TV show, the Witcher is again a gruff badass, but Lan is screaming and pounding his chest with emotion by what, episode 5 of WoT?

And because the Witcher is so much more focused on the characters, you don't necessarily mind that the battle scenes are underplayed, or that some of the monsters look kind of silly. Geralt, Yennifer, and Ciri are all sharply in focus. This even relates back to the color palette - WoT, because it was too ambitious in its scale, seems to have opted for a kind of cheap washed out look. The Witcher keeps things smaller scale, and makes sure that the main three characters (who are our window into the series) all look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Just watched the Witcher, which is the closest thing Netflix has to WoT, and... oof, not a good comparison for WoT. The Witcher has all the challenges WoT has - big battles, magic, monsters, large cast, relatively limited budget (at least compared to movies), but it generally does a vastly superior job to WoT.

First of all (and by far most importantly) there's the matter of consistent perspective - you're seeing things from one character's perspective most of the time, not six. The characterizations of the main players are much better drawn out. Geralt is an archetypical character fairly similar to Lan from the books - a gruff badass who's not free with his emotions. The Witcher uses the bard to let us get to know Geralt, and in the WoT series you get to know him mostly through Rand. In the TV show, the Witcher is again a gruff badass, but Lan is screaming and pounding his chest with emotion by what, episode 5 of WoT?

And because the Witcher is so much more focused on the characters, you don't necessarily mind that the battle scenes are underplayed, or that some of the monsters look kind of silly. Geralt, Yennifer, and Ciri are all sharply in focus. This even relates back to the color palette - WoT, because it was too ambitious in its scale, seems to have opted for a kind of cheap washed out look. The Witcher keeps things smaller scale, and makes sure that the main three characters (who are our window into the series) all look good.
    the witcher is comically shit. Bad acting, bad effects, bad story and the fucking dialogue (sound is fucked as well)

im just going to link this because its the funniest shit in the series but :

When he rolls down the tiny hill and hits the trees LMFAO. thats some star trek level captain kirk shit.

I really dont remember WoT being as bad as that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the witcher is comically shit. Bad acting, bad effects, bad story and the fucking dialogue (sound is fucked as well)

When he rolls down the tiny hill and hits the trees LMFAO. thats some star trek level captain kirk shit.

then you didn't pay very much attention while supposedly watching it

This was my observation. My brother thinks the show runners did a bad job, and they have no excuse, the LotR was able to do a vastly superior adaptation for having less time to do it. He calculated that WoT could have been done as well as LotR in 6 episode, Rafa had 8.

The new season is going o be very different from the book, with all the changes they've made, it's no point staying to the books, they'll use elements from the books they like.. iw oudln't have midned if the show was better, but ti's not, mostof the chagnes are actually worse. not all, b ut a lot,

Even the visualisation of channelling is bad. There is no glow of saider, there is no visualisation of "weaving", it doesn't fit the book description for a lot of things. It does for some though. There is also no distinction in weaving different pelements of the one power.

Saying that some effects were good. The male characters are awful too.

When i read whell of time ,the female characters are eccellent, these are women who know they are women, not trying to be men or like men, but confident in thesmelves as who they are and to the pit of doom to any fool man who thinks he knows better.

They fail at capturing the lionshare the charm of the books.

Just watched the clip I honestly don’t know what you’re referring to.

Just watched the clip I honestly don’t know what you’re referring to.
    cmon at the end, hes rolls down a hill that isn't steep then FLIES in the air and hits a tree.

cmon at the end, hes rolls down a hill that isn't steep then FLIES in the air and hits a tree.
    So what your telling us that a secondary character didn’t fall down a hill to your satisfaction in a very brief scene?

Maybe the problem here is you just need to relax a little.