5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    McDonalds make a good burger, if it makes more money than even the best tasting burger then it is far superior, whatever makes more money and gets to the most ppl is the most superior product.
    If you actually live by that logic I feel damn sorry for you. Anyways, to the ignore list you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    If you actually live by that logic I feel damn sorry for you. Anyways, to the ignore list you go.
    Its just simple logic, if something makes more money and interests far more ppl then that product is simply better, your logic circuits seem to be broken if you think a book series could ever compete with tv in terms or money and entertainment.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

So when this show gets canceled in the coming months this will be shown to be as "successful" as the Shannara Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So when this show gets canceled in the coming months this will be shown to be as "successful" as the Shannara Chronicles.
    Some of the best tv shows get cancelled after 1 series so a show getting cancelled or not has no reflection on the actual show itself, there is not many fantasy genre tv series that get to last a long time, the WoT story itself is not that interesting anyway and thats the only reason if a show gets many seasons or not. The viewer doesnt need to care about the story at all for a tv show to be good.

Some of the best tv shows get cancelled after 1 series
    Look kid, I realize you're young but most good shows have an audience that drive up the best reasons to keep them going. And they all relate to making money.
    And this show is expensive. And if there isn't much of an audience then there isn't enough reason to throw any more money.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the best tv shows get cancelled after 1 series so a show getting cancelled or not has no reflection on the actual show itself, there is not many fantasy genre tv series that get to last a long time, the WoT story itself is not that interesting anyway and thats the only reason if a show gets many seasons or not. The viewer doesnt need to care about the story at all for a tv show to be good.
    You don't find the WoT story interesting, that doesn't mean that it is not interesting.

I'm fairly sure that TV execs don't sit around and say to themselves 'wow this show is making us a fuck load of money, lets cancel it!' No matter how much a single person likes a show, if it's not making money, then it's bad from the POV of the execs.

They shit the bed with WoT across the board, intentionally pissed of a bunch of fans, put out a poorly produced show, no merchandise to speak of. I don't see how it is making money for anyone other than a bit of a spike in books sales.
    Last edited by Smallfruitbat; 2022-01-28 at 02:49 PM.

Oh, but the best part:
    The viewer doesnt need to care about the story at all for a tv show to be good.
    I'm not sure of where anything resembles logic here. I'm certain that he's young. But now I wonder if he just doesn't speak English well. (Not a negative per se, but it adds to the challenge of understanding)

McDonalds make a good burger, if it makes more money than even the best tasting burger then it is far superior, whatever makes more money and gets to the most ppl is the most superior product.
    fair enough i'll leave it there then.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt add them to the ignore list but as you can see above, i just left it, there is no way i will ever be able to debate someone so opposed to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Look kid, I realize you're young but most good shows have an audience that drive up the best reasons to keep them going. And they all relate to making money. And this show is expensive. And if there isn't much of an audience then there isn't enough reason to throw any more money.
    You can call people a kid all you want to demean them but it won't make you right. The show clearly has an audience despite your hate and disdain. It is even still #3 in the US on Prime. Not to mention you are part of "the audience" because even though you hate the show you can't stop talking about it. lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Look kid, I realize you're young but most good shows have an audience that drive up the best reasons to keep them going. And they all relate to making money.
    And this show is expensive. And if there isn't much of an audience then there isn't enough reason to throw any more money.
    You are just being ignorant because you didnt get the tv series you wanted, the cancellation of any series is not really dependant on how good the show is or not, even if the story of the book was followed it could easily be cancelled when the current WoT series does get cancelled, fantasy/sci fi is my preferred genre for tv/games, everything is expensive to max these days, 10 million per episode is nothing for an episode of a tv series.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does mean its superior, its creates more money, more entertainment for more ppl that helps generate money to make other tv series
    Which one is it?

If a show gets cancelled after 1 season, then by your logic it failed to be a good show. It didn't garner enough attention and interest, ergo didn't generate money/cost more than it yielded, ergo not making enough to create more shows, and wasn't entertaining enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    You don't find the WoT story interesting, that doesn't mean that it is not interesting.

I'm fairly sure that TV execs don't sit around and say to themselves 'wow this show is making us a fuck load of money, lets cancel it!' No matter how much a single person likes a show, if it's not making money, then it's bad from the POV of the execs.

They shit the bed with WoT across the board, intentionally pissed of a bunch of fans, put out a poorly produced show, no merchandise to speak of. I don't see how it is making money for anyone other than a bit of a spike in books sales.
    A TV show can be excellent in every single aspect and can still be cancelled after 1 season, some shows keep running for years with only a few million watching per eipsode, the opinion you have is irrelevant when more than enough ppl actually enjoyed the tv series WoT, fantasy tv series dont usually have a high viewer count and thats why they eventually get cancelled, nothing to do with the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Which one is it?

If a show gets cancelled after 1 season, then by your logic it failed to be a good show. It didn't garner enough attention and interest, ergo didn't generate money/cost more than it yielded, ergo not making enough to create more shows, and wasn't entertaining enough.
    I never once stated that anything can be considered a failure if only given 1 season, i said a tv series is superior to a book series since a tv series generates more money from a larger viewer capacity and entertains a ton more ppl.

Case and point the tv series firefly, it had a very high viewership being in the sci fi genre, was rated very highly and was pretty damn good and still only got 1 season, some tv series today that have gone on for several years dont get half the viewership firefly had per episode.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-01-28 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A TV show can be excellent in every single aspect and can still be cancelled after 1 season, some shows keep running for years with only a few million watching per eipsode, the opinion you have is irrelevant when more than enough ppl actually enjoyed the tv series WoT, fantasy tv series dont usually have a high viewer count and thats why they eventually get cancelled, nothing to do with the story.

- - - Updated - - -

I never once stated that anything can be considered a failure if only given 1 season, i said a tv series is superior to a book series since a tv series generates more money from a larger viewer capacity and entertains a ton more ppl.
    ???

A TV show is superior because of generating more money and entertainment.

Those are your criteria for what defines quality entertainment.

You argued that some of the best shows can and do get cancelled after 1 season. That's a contradiction because a show that is cancelled one season in has failed to meet the criteria you put forth as to what "good" means:

- Makes money
    - Generates entertainment for a large audience = Interest
    - Enough revenue to warrant the making of additional shows

By your definition, a cancelled show cannot be a good show.

???

A TV show is superior because of generating more money and entertainment.

Those are your criteria for what defines quality entertainment.

You argued that some of the best shows can and do get cancelled after 1 season. That's a contradiction because a show that is cancelled one season in has failed to meet the criteria you put forth as to what "good" means:

- Makes money
    - Generates entertainment for a large audience = Interest
    - Enough revenue to warrant the making of additional shows

By your definition, a cancelled show cannot be a good show.
    A show being cancelled after 1 season doesnt mean it didnt make money or wasnt entertaining does it, you are failing to make any point.

Every single show gets cancelled at some point. Something that has 1-3 seasons can be equally as profitable and entertaining as something with 10 seasons.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-01-28 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A show being cancelled after 1 season doesnt mean it didnt make money or wasnt entertaining does it, you are failing to make any point.
    All you're demonstrating is your rather obvious attempts at leading people around in circles.

You made two claims that cancel each other out, and now you're being reductive as to what your argument may actually mean to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is even still #3 in the US on Prime.
    You mean Amazon is claiming popularity? shudder gasp...
    Then why would it get canceled?
    Why did Shannara Chronicles get canceled?

All you're demonstrating is your rather obvious attempts at leading people around in circles.

You made two claims that cancel each other out, and now you're being reductive as to what your argument may actually mean to get out of it.
    I said a tv show is superior to a book series, you do know not every tv show or movie is a book first right, so nothing i said cancels anything out because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, 1 series of a season can still be profitable and entertaining, and shows can get cancelled for stupid reasons/decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Amazon is claiming popularity? shudder gasp... Then why would it get canceled?
    Why did Shannara Chronicles get canceled?
    Shanarra Chronciles didnt get cancelled because it wasnt good, season 2 was just simply given to the wrong network. Where and when you release a series is one of the most important things.

so shows can get cancelled for stupid reasons/decisions.
    - - - Updated - - - Shanarra Chronciles didnt get cancelled because it wasnt good, season 2 was just simply given to the wrong network. Where and when you release a series is one of the most important things.
    Like I said, the arguments of child.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean Amazon is claiming popularity? shudder gasp...
    So you aren't counting viewership as the actual audience? Why are you implying that Amazon is lying instead of you simply being wrong about its audience size?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, the arguments of child.
    Not really. Shows get cancelled all the time regardless of how good they are. Expanse got cancelled on SyFy despite being a acclaimed show because they felt it was to costly and the network focuses on "live viewings" when a lot of viewership was streaming. Amazon picked it up for a 3 more seasons. Good shows can get cancelled because they don't met whatever metrics the network wants. Just as bad shows can seemingly continue forever because the network likes the metrics.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-28 at 08:10 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you aren't counting viewership as the actual audience?
    I'm sure you believe their claims. Because...why would they lie about an investment they spent almost a $100mil on...?